"Taste of Royal" Lunch Experience

bob brown

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Yes, because some people are willing to pay it.

Of course, Royal Caribbean, like most businesses, will charge whatever people are willing to pay.  I guess my real question is, why aren't people willing to pay as much for a cabana at Labadee as they are willing to pay for a cabana at Coco Cay. 

• 2 weeks later...

OVERVIEW

Taste of Royal is a showcase of fleet favorites from our specialty restaurants during one exclusive, four-course meal you won’t want to miss. Plus add on an optional, expertly curated wine flight once onboard at an additional price.

This lunch begins with Wonderland’s Citrus Seas Tuna Tartare. Next up is a fresh take on Tuscan cuisine from Giovanni’s Italian Kitchen, featuring mascarpone risotto with crabmeat. Then Chops Grille anchors the savory selections with a classic surf and turf of filet mignon and jumbo shrimp. Make sure you save room for dessert — indulgent fried cheesecake from 150 Central Park.

You’ll receive a letter in your stateroom the day before your reservation confirming the time and location of your lunch. Space is limited, so book before you sail to secure your spot for this unforgettable experience.

Taste of Royal is not included in any dining packages.*

Edited by Tee & Chilli

On 10/31/2019 at 4:06 PM, LMaxwell said:

As the local cynic I must ask; where would this be held?  In the MDR I would imagine.  Those willing to spend the money...will they appreciate being in the same room as the "free" MDR lunch?  Or would the seaday MDR lunch simply disappear altogether? 

As to the idea of a fixed menu of samples from a variety of restaurants...I would say it is a good idea at $15-25 per person for a lunch to allow people a taste of the menus and entice them for more (make dinner bookings).  I would say the more options, the better.  Whether I participate or not I still recognize additional options *if* they don't take away from what is already included.  But $55 per person for lunch...I mean come on...

Several years ago, this was offered for free to get people to sign up for dinner at Chops or Portofino.   I believe we were on Jewel of the Seas.

Just saw it pop up in my cruise planner for my cruise next month.

Given I can have lunch at Chops almost 3 times for the same amount (and use my drinks package for cocktails and wine), I know what I'd be choosing - especially as they don't say what venue it will be held in.

lunch.thumb.PNG.880ab8cdbdcae821fe156f34ab6970a5.PNG