Vent. So mad. Sticking with Carnival.

Eli_6

On 12/3/2019 at 6:50 AM, clskinsfan said:

Shocking to me that Celebrity just flushed 10K down the toilet. On top of pissing off a potential life long suite guest. They had a confirmed 10K in the bank. Plus whatever the Op had spent on board. Seems like poor business all around from Celebrity on this one.

Yes agreed ,some one at X should have thought of that before they said what they said .Excellent point made

• Like 1

On 12/3/2019 at 9:50 AM, clskinsfan said:

Shocking to me that Celebrity just flushed 10K down the toilet. On top of pissing off a potential life long suite guest. They had a confirmed 10K in the bank. Plus whatever the Op had spent on board. Seems like poor business all around from Celebrity on this one.

Not really shocking.  Since there are enough customers that the ships always sail full, it really doesn't matter to Celebrity.

9 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

Update: They finally refunded me the $1,000.  Moving on and not going to worry about the rest of it.  

Thank you for the update.  Glad they came to their senses and refunded the money.  You have had a great attitude throughout this ordeal.  I hope your next cruise vacation is awesome!  We just finished a fantastic cruise on the Silhouette but if I had your recent booking experience, I would be slow to consider Celebrity again.  Which is a shame, because the cruise was amazing.  Sometimes the face of Celebrity can leave a sour taste which ruins it for all those behind the scenes who work their tails off the make for a great vacation.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Not really shocking.  Since there are enough customers that the ships always sail full, it really doesn't matter to Celebrity.

Shocking because Op had already had another suite cruise booked. Now that may be gone for Celebrity as well. Sometimes You have to do right by the customer. Celebrity didnt in this case. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Shocking because Op had already had another suite cruise booked. Now that may be gone for Celebrity as well. Sometimes You have to do right by the customer. Celebrity didnt in this case. 

Celebrity will sell those suites to someone, the ship won't sail empty.  As long as Celebrity continues to fill the ships, they don't have any incentive to improve customer service or any other aspect of their operation

Thankfully the service onboard is pretty much always very good to excellent. While that continues we would personally not cut off our nose to spite our face. We had issues on our cruise and since returning Celebrity have dealt with it very well in our view.

• Like 1

I would like to make a couple of helpful suggestions.  In the future, you might be better off working with a reputable travel agent rather than dealing with the cruise line directly.  Travel agents will often offer you on board credit or a big box store cash card.  The travel agent may have more clout in dealing with the cruise line because of the volume of business they have with them.  They will request that the cruise line honor what they have offered.  

Also, cruises usually do not sail from London.  Southampton is the port and it takes two and a half hours to travel from London to Southampton.  Please keep  this in mind when considering your cruise line options and travel arrangements. 

My Celebrity fjords cruise was one of my favorites (We have done 10 cruises on Celebrity).  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Worst case in such situations, if you get no resolution from the cruise line or travel agent, you can always contest the charge with the credit card company. 

The two times that we needed to do that, the credit card company got every penny back for us.

For us, the problem was with a different cruise line each time, not Celebrity. 

We have never had a billing problem with Celebrity as the few times when we needed to contest an invalid Celebrity charge,  the amount in question was immediately refunded to us with one phone call and no hassle whatsoever.

By the way, we were using a reputable travel agent each time when we had the problems (a different travel agency in each case), but neither travel agent was of any help.  They just kept stalling and making excuses.

It was the credit card company, not the travel agents, that resolved the problems for us.

Edited by fleckle

18 hours ago, rose6 said:

I would like to make a couple of helpful suggestions.  In the future, you might be better off working with a reputable travel agent rather than dealing with the cruise line directly.  Travel agents will often offer you on board credit or a big box store cash card.  The travel agent may have more clout in dealing with the cruise line because of the volume of business they have with them.  They will request that the cruise line honor what they have offered.  

Also, cruises usually do not sail from London.  Southampton is the port and it takes two and a half hours to travel from London to Southampton.  Please keep  this in mind when considering your cruise line options and travel arrangements. 

My Celebrity fjords cruise was one of my favorites (We have done 10 cruises on Celebrity).  

Thanks for the suggestion.

I want to sail from London because I can get a direct flight into London from Houston.  I have been all over England so we feel comfortable getting around.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

The president's office called me back and are willing to honor the $10,200 fare I was quoted. 

Eli, thank you for coming back to post the outcome.  That's great and I'm glad X finally did what they should have done from the beginning.

Customer service is very important to me when choosing to whom I give my dollars, and for that reason, Celebrity has proven to me repeatedly that they value it as well.  Hope you and your family have a wonderful couple of cruises.

• Like 1

"Also, cruises usually do not sail from London.  Southampton is the port and it takes two and a half hours to travel from London to Southampton.  Please keep  this in mind when considering your cruise line options and travel arrangements."

Just in case it puts people off sailing from Southampton after flying into London.

London Heathrow to Southampton Docks is 60 miles of motorway.

Just over 1  hour on a good day,,,,,1.5 hrs on a bad day.

6 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

The president's office called me back and are willing to honor the $10,200 fare I was quoted. 

Woohoo!  I'm so happy for you and now have a renewed faith that someone at Celebrity still believes in doing right by the customer.  I hope you have a great time! 

On 12/3/2019 at 7:51 AM, Georgia_Peaches said:

I took it to mean that the OP was merely making this thread aware that she has a firm handle on consumer rights because she happens to be an attorney.  I didn't understand her to say that she mentioned it to the sales rep.  Maybe I misunderstood.

I didn't think she had said it to the sales rep.  I was simply agreeing with another poster who proactively suggested that if she did write them a letter, not to mention being an attorney.   I didn't know at that point if she was going to write or not, just agreed that if she did, I agreed about not mentioning that.  

On 12/2/2019 at 9:46 AM, Eli_6 said:

Celebrity said they would honor it, took my deposit, gave me a booking number and then called back later and renigged.  

I did some quick research (as I am an attorney)...

I think you meant reneged, councilor

Edited by daylight come and

1 hour ago, daylight come and said:
On 12/2/2019 at 12:46 PM, Eli_6 said:

I did some quick research (as I am an attorney)...

I very much want to, but will wait for someone else to do it.

1 hour ago, daylight come and said:

18 minutes ago, Weenah said:

I very much want to, but will wait for someone else to do it.

Ok, I'll do it.  Daylight, before you correct someone else's spelling, you should make sure your own has no errors.  But you didn't, so.....I think you meant counselor.

• Like 4