No more luggage delivered to cabins on Royal?

denamo

The last three cruises we've been on, luggage has just been lined up in the hallway.  Cruisers have had to go and hunt down their luggage.  The first time this happened just thought maybe they were short on staff or running behind.  However, seeing this on two subsequent cruises, just wondered if this is the "new normal"?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

Not been our experience.

We were quite surprised and unusual.  When it happened more than once we were wondering.  That being said, we'd rather go down the hall and get our luggage than not to get it at all! LOL

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HicksRA said:

On my last cruise three weeks ago, our luggage was delivered inside our cabin. 

What ship🤔

I'm not sure I've had it inside the room in over a year.  I guess if I waited long enough, they might put it in the cabin

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

What ship🤔

I'm not sure I've had it inside the room in over a year.  I guess if I waited long enough, they might put it in the cabin

Liberty. 
We were in a suite so that may have made a difference. 

3 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

Liberty. 
We were in a suite so that may have made a difference. 

We had a suite on Adventure last week. Outside the door. But that was after talking to delivery guy.

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

If I spy my bag lined up in the hall I don’t mind grabbing it so I can get it unpacked as soon as possible.  I have no doubt if I left it there it would have been left outside my door. 

Pretty smart on Royal’s part as those passengers, like us, are more than happy to grab our own bags.

No big deal to me...😁😁

• Like 4

1 minute ago, GTO-Girl said:

If I spy my bag lined up in the hall I don’t mind grabbing it so I can get it unpacked as soon as possible.  I have no doubt if I left it there it would have been left outside my door. 

Pretty smart on Royal’s part as those passengers, like us, are more than happy to grab our own bags.

No big deal to me...😁😁

Self Service check out lane mentality 😉

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I've had to go get it if i want it ASAP.

No big deal. Usually not far. Usually😉

The new norm.

I get bored, I watch and grab mine as they are bringing it to my Deck. Usually all unpacked and settled by 2. That being said Serenade Oct/Nov luggage was outside Cabins

Edited by ONECRUISER

It appears to me that luggage delivery now occurs in two or three phases. 

One set of crew get the bags to the right general area such as deck 7 forward port side, based on luggage tags.  They don't try to get it all the way to the cabin on the luggage tag, they put it in the hallway in no particular order.

The second phase of luggage delivery falls to the cabin attendant.  These crew have been busy since early morning cleaning cabins so they will often take a break, grab a meal, get ready for muster duties such as ensuring all cabins are clear.  

I'll often walk down the hall and find my own bag and bring it to my cabin so I can unpack before muster.  If that is inconvenient or you would rather be doing something else your bag will eventually be brought to your cabin. 

Great cabin attendants will introduce themselves and ask if you have your bags.  As they meet other guests they will continually scan over the bags that have been brought to the general area and if they see a cabin number they are responsible for they will bring the bag to that cabin, sometimes even placing it inside.  

The general idea is to get as much luggage out of way so that other supplies can be loaded.  They just want bags up on the guest decks so that it clears space in the loading areas down below.  This is more efficient rather than each baggage crew taking one bag at a time to the actual cabin.  It becomes an assembly line with specific crew loading elevators, specific crew unloading elevators and specific crew moving bags to the actual cabin. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, FireEMT978 said:

On harmony, everybody else's bags seemed to have been out of the halls. We found our clearly tagged bags, with a few others about 30 rooms aft in the hallway. Not a good experience on the Harmony.

That's a staging area most likely. If you want it 'delivered' they have until that evening.

I for one, am not waiting that long

• Like 5

1 hour ago, twangster said:

It appears to me that luggage delivery now occurs in two or three phases. 

One set of crew get the bags to the right general area such as deck 7 forward port side, based on luggage tags.  They don't try to get it all the way to the cabin on the luggage tag, they put it in the hallway in no particular order.

The second phase of luggage delivery falls to the cabin attendant.  These crew have been busy since early morning cleaning cabins so they will often take a break, grab a meal, get ready for muster duties such as ensuring all cabins are clear.  

I'll often walk down the hall and find my own bag and bring it to my cabin so I can unpack before muster.  If that is inconvenient or you would rather be doing something else your bag will eventually be brought to your cabin. 

Great cabin attendants will introduce themselves and ask if you have your bags.  As they meet other guests they will continually scan over the bags that have been brought to the general area and if they see a cabin number they are responsible for they will bring the bag to that cabin, sometimes even placing it inside.  

The general idea is to get as much luggage out of way so that other supplies can be loaded.  They just want bags up on the guest decks so that it clears space in the loading areas down below.  This is more efficient rather than each baggage crew taking one bag at a time to the actual cabin.  It becomes an assembly line with specific crew loading elevators, specific crew unloading elevators and specific crew moving bags to the actual cabin. 

absolutely agree, so when I see bags starting to appear in hallways, and I spy mine I grab it, usually they show up pretty early as I also check in early, so both seem to coincide at least on the last couple of cruises.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

If you want it 'delivered' they have until that evening.

I always have the fear of my bags being left behind in port, which is why if I see bags around my cabin but mine is not with them I will let the cabin attendant know so he can track them down before we sail.

37 minutes ago, nalrudaini said:

I always have the fear of my bags being left behind in port, which is why if I see bags around my cabin but mine is not with them I will let the cabin attendant know so he can track them down before we sail.

Good point!

We have no problem wheeling our cases to our cabin.