Carnival's 50 Years of Fun

knowlc

On 1/20/2020 at 8:29 AM, knowlc said:

In Carnival's Mardi Gras cancellation letter, they mention their upcoming series of special sailings to celebrate Carnival's 50 Years of fun that would be released in January.  Has anyone heard anything about these itineraries yet?  We decided to wait to see what the offerings would be for these sailings to rebook.  They said that the cancelled Mardi Gras guest would be the first to get information, but I have not heard anything yet. 

Wife just surprised me with one of these Carnival 50th birthday cruises. We were notified  of the cruise by our PVP yesterday.  Ours is to Hawaii for February 2022. It’s posted on the website. Haven’t looked for any others.

Edited by skrufy
Disregard

On 2/7/2020 at 4:36 PM, NightOne said:

I would bet that there will be a fireworks show or something similar.

They can’t do fireworks at sea. Only Disney can. Something about they trademarked the process that allows them to be able to do it. I don’t know the full details, but maybe someone can chime in and share. 

5 minutes ago, bakersdozen12 said:

They can’t do fireworks at sea. Only Disney can. Something about they trademarked the process that allows them to be able to do it. I don’t know the full details, but maybe someone can chime in and share. 

You are correct! I did not know that. apparently Disney has ships that have been modified to allow fireworks.

https://www.capitalgazette.com/os-pictures-fireworks-at-sea-fantasy-gallery-photogallery.html

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, bakersdozen12 said:

way back in the day when the Norwegian built and launch the Norwegian Breakaway, they did fireworks at sea. This only lasted about a year before they stopped it.

11 hours ago, Joe817 said:

You are correct! I did not know that. apparently Disney has ships that have been modified to allow fireworks.

https://www.capitalgazette.com/os-pictures-fireworks-at-sea-fantasy-gallery-photogallery.html

Ah, so if it’s a matter of the ship itself needing to be outfitted with equipment to allow for it, I wonder if that means there’s a possibility that Carnival could enlist some other kind of vessel to meet up with the Carnival ships that could launch fireworks. That would be really cool! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bakersdozen12 said:

Ah, so if it’s a matter of the ship itself needing to be outfitted with equipment to allow for it, I wonder if that means there’s a possibility that Carnival could enlist some other kind of vessel to meet up with the Carnival ships that could launch fireworks. That would be really cool! 

Just plan this thing to be right around one of the disney ships...free fireworks show.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

Something like this

212E789D-5EAB-48DD-864F-4F76426860E1.jpeg

If they wanted to do something like this when they get 3 ships together, they could always have a vendor with fireworks barge there.  Personally fireworks are ho hum to me. 

15 hours ago, bakersdozen12 said:

NCL has in the past:

https://youtu.be/QFxXizA0L3U?t=2285

Edited by NightOne
  • Thanks 1

On 2/6/2020 at 7:52 PM, Eli_6 said:

Grrr.  I am a Mardis Gras TA cancellation and I didn't even get the email!

Same here. The only reason I even knew that the Mardi Gras Trans-Atlantic was cancelled was because a FB page I had joined mentioned it. Never got an email or a letter. To be fair my PCC did leave me a message. 

Hmmmm, I wonder what will be released in the 15th? I went ahead and booked the Mardi Gras Sailabration cruise in March 2022. I used my 25% towards an Excel Suite, alas, not one aft with the private hot tub, but a fwd one.

Besides the ship meet up there is supposed to be a big deck party (hohum, will probably sleep through that) a midnight buffet, and some other special things.  

The list of cruises is out. My TA contacted me a couple days of ago. Seems like anything on the east coast is going to the western caribbean. Prices seem a little high for a 7 night cruise. TA didn't mention Carnival would add more cruises to the Sailabration.

42 minutes ago, bettyboop16 said:

The list of cruises is out. My TA contacted me a couple days of ago. Seems like anything on the east coast is going to the western caribbean. Prices seem a little high for a 7 night cruise. TA didn't mention Carnival would add more cruises to the Sailabration.

They came out on Friday February 7th. There are 4 separate meetups that are going to happen.These will happen at 3 separate locations: Baja Mexico area, between Cozumel & Costa Maya, and in the Bahamas between Eleuthera and Nassau

19 hours ago, Rosethorn40 said:

Besides the ship meet up there is supposed to be a big deck party (hohum, will probably sleep through that) a midnight buffet, and some other special things.  

Maybe you will get a lanyard, a croc visor, and a picture of the Mardi Gras....😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/6/2020 at 10:27 AM, jimbo5544 said:

These are just sailings Carnival has out to start the celebration.  I really doubt these are the ones they talked about.  I reached out to a contact and asked, waiting on a reply.  

So what did your contact say about the this? 

4 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Special sailings and booking window exclusive for cancelled Mardi Gras cruisers.  

I guess this isn't happening. Not a big deal for us since we've already redeemed our 25% FCC, but for those who have waited....

I’m not surprised we haven’t heard anything, who makes big announcement on a weekend?
I bet it will be at least Monday. I’m also not surprised that there has no announcement yet, the more they delay, the less chance we can get the extra $100 OBC. 

Very disappointed, but not surprised. 

2 hours ago, lasekeye said:

I’m not surprised we haven’t heard anything, who makes big announcement on a weekend?
I bet it will be at least Monday. I’m also not surprised that there has no announcement yet, the more they delay, the less chance we can get the extra $100 OBC. 

Very disappointed, but not surprised. 

Yeah I am so tired of being disappointed by Carnival.  This is just one of many over the years......from the top management to the staff on board ship......they cannot even keep their word.  Why bother telling us something if that can't deliver?

On 2/6/2020 at 8:32 AM, Jerseygirl1416 said:

I got the email with a link to the sailings. I didn’t see one unique itinerary. Maybe Carnival thinks adding a “Fun ship meetup” to the same old itineraries makes it unique?? Extremely underwhelmed.

I felt the same way too!!!!