Bay scallop Gratin

At one time, the bay scallop gratin was a substitute when they didn't have escargot. If they don't seem to be offering it on your cruise, you can always ask your server or a higher up, since they can sometimes get special requests fulfilled. If they have bay scallops in stock, they might be able to make it for you.

1 hour ago, CntPAcruiser said:

At one time, the bay scallop gratin was a substitute when they didn't have escargot. If they don't seem to be offering it on your cruise, you can always ask your server or a higher up, since they can sometimes get special requests fulfilled. If they have bay scallops in stock, they might be able to make it for you.

I was thinking about asking. Thanks . I know it's silly and it won't " ruin" the cruise but I do love it. 

9 hours ago, Doug S said:

When they saw I liked Escargot, they offered it to me every night, regardless if it was on that night's menu. In my experience, they'll try to make it happen, as long as they have the ingredients on hand.

Escargot is my all time favourite dish onboard and I don't recall one single night when I've not had it (ordered it in whilst at Spec Rest's too!) but the BSG is very good!

12 hours ago, Doug S said:

When they saw I liked Escargot, they offered it to me every night, regardless if it was on that night's menu. In my experience, they'll try to make it happen, as long as they have the ingredients on hand.

I thought Escargot was on the menu every night, maybe I'm confusing it Celebrity.

One of my favorites, years ago they would substitute mushrooms when the couldn't get the snails.

I an going to ask and see if they can make me some. My 2 favorite things are that and those tiny rolls that have poppy seeds on top and dried tomato inside. I know a lot of people say they are too hard but I love them. Also look forward to the lobster on formal night. Guess it's the little things that make me so happy😊

7 minutes ago, toxicfairy said:

I an going to ask and see if they can make me some. My 2 favorite things are that and those tiny rolls that have poppy seeds on top and dried tomato inside. I know a lot of people say they are too hard but I love them. Also look forward to the lobster on formal night. Guess it's the little things that make me so happy😊

Ask and you shall received (most of the time).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, toxicfairy said:

Savory Bites?

I love them, but I love the other rolls, too!

• Like 1

Our favorite rolls are the pumpkin seed rolls.  They are in the bread basket every night but some nights there is only one.  We asked our server for more of them and the rest of the cruise the only rolls we would get would be the pumpkin seed.  Love how Royal tries to please everyone.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, shippmates said:

Our favorite rolls are the pumpkin seed rolls.  They are in the bread basket every night but some nights there is only one.  We asked our server for more of them and the rest of the cruise the only rolls we would get would be the pumpkin seed.  Love how Royal tries to please everyone.

My DH never gets a pumpkin seed roll because I’m faster than he is. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/1/2020 at 3:42 PM, toxicfairy said:

I'm dieing here. I don't see it on the app. I seriously would cruise just for that one appetizer.🤗

Me too and we are going on the Symphony in 2 weeks time and it is not on their menu, it was not on Harmony's menu. I am crying!!!!

• Like 1

Is this the scallop appetizer that comes in the same metal dish as the escargot, or is it the other scallop appetizer (bigger scallops) that come on the small white plate?

Either way, I love them both and always order them...  along with the escargot.

Dan

Edited by The Fun Researcher

It is a nice appetizer for people who do not like escargots (like my DH), but wants this type of dish.

Unfortunately we have not seen it for some time..

Would love to get it back.

21 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Is this the scallop appetizer that comes in the same metal dish as the escargot, or is it the other scallop appetizer (bigger scallops) that come on the small white plate?

Either way, I love them both and always order them...  along with the escargot.

Dan

Metal dish with small scallops and cheese sauce🤤

• Like 1