CELEBRITY NEW SIP & SAVE DRINK PACKAGE

CaptainZ

Well it looks like there's another drink package on Celebrity.  I just read this about The SIP & SAVE Package, where you buy 'blocks' of drinks 5 at a time as many times as you want. I just read the info, and sometimes I'm asking myself if there is an employee at Celebrity in charge of making and changing drink packages and policies fulltime for 8 hours a day.  https://onlycelebritycruisedeals.com/celebrity-drink-package-2019-2020/

• Like 1

I wonder if the price varies on the ship.

Obviously buying before you sail you are making a saving, the Classic Sip & Save package for 5 drinks costs $29, which works out at slightly lass than $6 per drink ( Classic package drinks are up to $9).

The has been offered sporadically on board some ships in the past.  For those that don’t drink but 1 or 2 drinks a day therefore not taking the beverage package perk  or those who are Elite and take advantage of the Elite Happy Hour this sounds like a good deal.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, jelayne said:

The has been offered sporadically on board some ships in the past.  For those that don’t drink but 1 or 2 drinks a day therefore not taking the beverage package perk  or those who are Elite and take advantage of the Elite Happy Hour this sounds like a good deal.

I was thinking of getting it for our first day, as we don’t have a package attached to our booking this time. We are Elite, so after the first day we will get our drinks at the Elite breakfast ( mimosas) and the Happy Hour. 

However, I cannot see it on the Web site to pre order.

Another question

We are Concierge this time and I have read that we will be left a bottle of fizz in the cabin, which we can change for still wine. Will we be charged corkage fee if we take it to MDR, as we didn’t bring it on to the ship with us. 

13 hours ago, CaptainZ said:

sometimes I'm asking myself if there is an employee at Celebrity in charge of making and changing drink packages and policies fulltime for 8 hours a day.  https://onlycelebritycruisedeals.com/celebrity-drink-package-2019-2020/

Yes, and they make sure to not let the people working on the ship know about all the details, so that everyone is VERY confused onboard.

15 hours ago, upwarduk said:

I wonder if the price varies on the ship.

this isnt royal 😛

i gotta say when i was researching them i was shocked that pricing is per ship per cruise date. NCL may not be the cheapest but its 100% clear pricing across the brand, not charging different ship different day pricing. totally insane to change prices that much ....unless you are an airline

2 hours ago, upwarduk said:

We are Concierge this time and I have read that we will be left a bottle of fizz in the cabin, which we can change for still wine. Will we be charged corkage fee if we take it to MDR, as we didn’t bring it on to the ship with us. 

The bubbly may not be in your cabin, but they will bring it to you if you ask for it.

16 hours ago, CaptainZ said:

Well it looks like there's another drink package on Celebrity.  I just read this about The SIP & SAVE Package, where you buy 'blocks' of drinks 5 at a time as many times as you want.

I’ve just had a reply from Celebrity:

Hi Jackie 

Thank you for your message

Yes at this time, the Sip and Save package is only available onboard the ship.

Thanks,

Jack

• Like 1

Sip & Save has thus far ONLY been available to buy onboard. Hence why you may have been told it's not available on your sailing - it can't be pre-purchased in any way, and as such is not "available for your sailing" with the customer service agents.

Of course, the package may indeed not be available on your sailing, but I suppose you won't know until you're onboard.

They offered the drink cards on day 3 of our Eclipse sailing to Hawaii in September. There were two levels. 5 for $29 (classic) or 5 for $59 (premium). We saw several of the premium cards being used at the Martini bar

On 2/13/2020 at 5:12 PM, CaptainZ said:

Well it looks like there's another drink package on Celebrity.  I just read this about The SIP & SAVE Package, where you buy 'blocks' of drinks 5 at a time as many times as you want. I just read the info, and sometimes I'm asking myself if there is an employee at Celebrity in charge of making and changing drink packages and policies fulltime for 8 hours a day.  https://onlycelebritycruisedeals.com/celebrity-drink-package-2019-2020/

This might be an option for us.  We are Elite and enjoy the free happy hour and moderate drinkers, so we don't drink a lot.   Our only drinks outside the happy hour are usually at dinner.  We usually buy a 7 bottle wine package for a 14 day cruise, but may try this.

This is a great Inprovement in packages. I'll have a few drinks & previously upgraded our package. It was always unfair imho that I also had to upgrade with dw as ell since since she does not drink much & doesn't care of the type of drink. For the first time in over 20+ cruises we've booked without any package & I was planning to use our elite status for a few drinks & pay for individual ones . I'll definite buy one of the new packages if offered .

On 2/14/2020 at 5:58 AM, upwarduk said:

No, you will not have to pay a corkage fee for wine provided by Celebrity. 
We always exchange our bubbly for a bottle of red wine, which has a Celebrity label.

On 2/14/2020 at 2:58 AM, upwarduk said:

We were in Concierge last week on Edge and the welcome letter specifically said we COULD NOT trade the sparkling wine for other wine. Just FYI.

• 1 year later...