Silhouette's new Retreat

groryjm

Here are some pics (borrowed from elsewhere c/o Seth Wenzel) of the new Sundeck...

Retreat sundeck - starboard side deck 15 

1693865569_RetreatSundeck.jpg.7c61ab928832bb5cfb863bd33cff0984.jpg

Retreat sundeck - bar deck 15

583996652_RetreatSundeckbar.jpg.7be11fb2afcf7d022a0e4e08d19e9865.jpg

Retreat sundeck - hot tub deck 14

287807598_RetreatSundeckHottub.jpg.9db19adaf6273456988e0c1d7823639b.jpg

Edited by groryjm
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, jmdlv1 said:

Nice to see something added for suite passengers.

They could not duplicate the Edge but it is something .

will this be on all S Class ships?

Luckily not on Equinox so on her all passengers are still allowed to look ahead on deck 14! It is ridiculous that they took away two outer decks from all guests. Modern luxury, but not for all!

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Drinks are not complimentary on the sun deck.   Only the Retreat lounge.   Of course if you have a beverage package that will work on the sun deck.

Originally on the Edge drinks were not free on the Retreat sun deck, but eventually that policy was changed and now they are free up there. Don’t understand why the policy would be different on the Silhouette.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

The area looks barren, hot and not particularly inviting.

As long as Kelly Hoppen is designing the Suite areas, it will continue.  Atleast there is a bar.  The retreat sundeck on the MClass ships does not have one. 

Curious to see the design of the suite cabins.  I hope it's not like anything she did on the MClass.

In North Europe this area will be empty most of the time because of temperatures and wind. I believe during Winter cruises around Cape Horn and to Antarctica as well. And because of restricted access other Non-Suite people will not be able to go there to watch the nature e.g. in the fjords.

• Like 1

Looks quite nice to me!

The furnishings look similar to the Equinox Retreat deck. They were very comfortable just lacking shade, a bar, somewhere to sit rather than lie down and a water feature...

This new deck seems to have everything that was missing (can’t judge from these pictures exactly how much shade there is) and plenty of space around. Looking forward to trying it!

When we have cruised colder areas we have enjoyed wrapping ourselves in blankets, hot drink in hand...Hopefully blankets will be available as well as towels for appropriate cruises.

We were told that they hope to use the Retreat Deck for some suite events like sail away parties, live music...The Equinox simply was too hot and had too little shade in the Caribbean to do this. 

• Like 3

I think it looks nice.  I'm not normally one for sitting out in the sun in public  - I prefer the privacy of the balcony.  But that definitely looks like one to try.  Not too crowded (at least not so far.).  Defnitely  anice place to go for a drink other than Michaels (as was).  Looks like there are shady options - but whether it is enough for the caribbean who knows!  Looking forward to it on our upcoming Baltic run!

7 minutes ago, GastroGnome said:

I think it looks nice.  I'm not normally one for sitting out in the sun in public  - I prefer the privacy of the balcony.  But that definitely looks like one to try.  Not too crowded (at least not so far.).  Defnitely  anice place to go for a drink other than Michaels (as was).  Looks like there are shady options - but whether it is enough for the caribbean who knows!  Looking forward to it on our upcoming Baltic run!

We are on the Canary Islands trip in October...expecting all four seasons!

Best wishes for your Baltic trip, let us know how useable you find the area. Also we would appreciate feedback on how warm/comfortable the deck restaurants are in cooler weather (Lawn Grill and Porch) we have only experienced them in the Caribbean.

You must be on the Oct 19th one?  We were on that but flipped to the Oct 9th becuase of price changes.

We've dined in both the Porch and the lawn club grill on recent trips to Iceland and a fairly wet (seperate) biscay crossing.

Porch is great - avoid the tables near the internal door - everytime someone comes through them there is a blast of wind so strong it actually knocked my wine glass over at one point.  But more to the middle you are protected by the walls and they have infra red heating.  Its actually really nice up there in rough weather if you enjoy that and don't get sea sick!

Lawn Grill I was less impressed with in cold / inclemant weather.  We were up there for the Lisbon sailaway last October.  They give you blankets and there is infra red but the gaps in the glass walls were such the food cooled really quickly.  It is just a bit mmore exposed than the porch.  But both perfectly useable even at force 9!

1 hour ago, GastroGnome said:

You must be on the Oct 19th one?  We were on that but flipped to the Oct 9th becuase of price changes.

We've dined in both the Porch and the lawn club grill on recent trips to Iceland and a fairly wet (seperate) biscay crossing.

Porch is great - avoid the tables near the internal door - everytime someone comes through them there is a blast of wind so strong it actually knocked my wine glass over at one point.  But more to the middle you are protected by the walls and they have infra red heating.  Its actually really nice up there in rough weather if you enjoy that and don't get sea sick!

Lawn Grill I was less impressed with in cold / inclemant weather.  We were up there for the Lisbon sailaway last October.  They give you blankets and there is infra red but the gaps in the glass walls were such the food cooled really quickly.  It is just a bit mmore exposed than the porch.  But both perfectly useable even at force 9!

Yes, we are on the 19th. We were booked on Eclipse (Tokyo to Singapore) and looking forward to revisiting some of our favourite places on the planet but some health issues made us decide on a no flight cruise this year. With the present situation in Asia I am now even more pleased we have swapped. 

Thanks for the information re the restaurants  I think we may book those two restaurants the evenings we are at the southern most point of our cruise!