RCL Stock

heidikay

On 6/5/2020 at 7:20 PM, rimmit said:

Just be patient.   With no revenue coming in, RCL will fall just as fast as it rose until the cruises start back up.  Will it hit 20 again.  Not likely, but losing 40-50 percent wouldn’t be unreasonable once they stop riding the initial Wall Street wave.  What goes up....

On 6/5/2020 at 8:13 PM, AlohaLivin said:

Yes, but we already had that ride. It is unlikely to see the low that it did before. Extremely unlikely to even be close. 

On 6/5/2020 at 10:39 PM, rimmit said:

I’d say many would conversely argue it’s extremely unlikely to be this high for a company with no revenue for the last 3 months and none for the foreseeable future.

On 6/6/2020 at 7:42 AM, AlohaLivin said:

I don’t know about “many’,  but some wood for sure.  It is fine to disagree with me on that. But that was my opinion and it is as valid as any other 🙃

I would say many would agree at this point that it was overvalued. Down to around $45 premarket or 40 percent from its recent high of 75.

7 minutes ago, rimmit said:

I own all three major cruise stocks but I couldn't figure why RCL was dropping so fast. I saw on another thread that Pullmantur was filing for bankruptcy and RCL owns 49% of the company. Is this the reason? I bought at $57.35 and this morning it's $45.30 premarket.

I would say many would agree at this point that it was overvalued. Down to around $45 premarket or 40 percent from its recent high of 75.

10 minutes ago, Daytonasailor said:

I would say while that is part of it,  it’s the fact that the run up was based on the fact that many were hoping for the “V” rebound for the economy.  

Also compound that with the fact that many going into cruise stocks do not actually pay attention to the cruise lines like we do on CC and don’t realize just how dire it is in regards to a start date.  If you talk to the average person, they assume that cruise lines will start on the date they announce EVERYTIME.  

Us on CC and paying attention to the cruise industry know this isn’t like Disney or Vegas and there are many more factors into restarting the cruises. The average investor thinks “Disney and Vegas is open.  Cruises are coming in month or two most likely.  Time to invest now.”  They don’t realize that it’s not as simple as reopening the doors with new protocols like land resorts.  Cruises deal with countries, ports, being in the middle of the ocean without access to hospitals in minutes, repatriation of crew, and possibly passengers, and the cherry on top, the CDC.  

The average person isn’t paying attention and just thinks they can restart at the push of a button.

Some of the recent RCL losses are related to the overall market losses.  Spiking numbers in coastal states were cruise ships operate from isn't helping the stocks of cruise companies.  

The question for folks wishing to play the game, when will bankruptcy be seriously considered?  Wait for the company to be completely plunged into the red or do it before that point so there are some funds available to work through the process? 

That may come down to declaring bankruptcy in Q4 of 2020 versus Q1 of 2021.  Until that time dabbling in cruise stock trying to buy low and sell high may help pay for some of that cruising we all want to do.

• February 18, 2014
  •  
  • 1,507 posts
  • Kentucky
   On 6/5/2020 at 7:20 PM,  rimmit said: 

Just be patient.   With no revenue coming in, RCL will fall just as fast as it rose until the cruises start back up.  Will it hit 20 again.  Not likely, but losing 40-50 percent wouldn’t be unreasonable once they stop riding the initial Wall Street wave.  What goes up....

On 6/5/2020 at 8:13 PM,  AlohaLivin said: 

Yes, but we already had that ride. It is unlikely to see the low that it did before. Extremely unlikely to even be close. 

On 6/5/2020 at 10:39 PM,  rimmit said: 

I’d say many would conversely argue it’s extremely unlikely to be this high for a company with no revenue for the last 3 months and none for the foreseeable future.

On 6/6/2020 at 7:42 AM,  AlohaLivin said:

I don’t know about “many’,  but some wood for sure.  It is fine to disagree with me on that. But that was my opinion and it is as valid as any other 🙃

3 hours ago, rimmit said:

After all this time and multiple “many’s” I am frankly no longer following which “many” you are arguing (or why).

Edited by AlohaLivin

16 minutes ago, AlohaLivin said:

After all this time and multiple “many’s” I am frankly no longer following which “many” you are arguing (or why).

I am arguing because you responded to a post which I posted which was a general post and not in response to anyone in particular.

You had previously responded to a post in which I stated that I told people to be patient and that it would likely drop 40-50 percent for everyone feeling some FOMO about not buying RCI stock.

You stated that was unlikely, and that the current ride up would be sustained and “many” would agree.  

I stated “many” would argue that it is just as unlikely for the RCI to maintain at its current level given lack of revenue.

I was simply stating that “many” (the market) clearly agrees it was overvalued at $75 dollars.

Hope that sums it up.  

Edited by rimmit
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, rimmit said:

I am arguing because you responded to a post which I posted which was a general post and not in response to anyone in particular.

You had previously responded to a post in which I stated that I told people to be patient and that it would likely drop 40-50 percent for everyone feeling some FOMO about not buying RCI stock.

You stated that was unlikely, and that the current ride up would be sustained and “many” would agree.  

I stated “many” would argue that it is just as unlikely for the RCI to maintain at its current level given lack of revenue.

I was simply stating that “many” (the market) clearly agrees it was overvalued at $75 dollars.

Hope that sums it up.  

My prior post, in short, suggested that you have a great desk of time on your hands for an extremely old thread. You proved the point. May I send you a crossword puzzle book or something?

Edited by AlohaLivin

33 minutes ago, AlohaLivin said:

My prior post, in short, suggested that you have a great desk of time on your hands for an extremely old thread. You proved the point. May I send you a crossword puzzle book or something?

thanks for clearing that up.  Was very vague from your post.

I recently got into scrabble to burn time, so an official scrabble dictionary would be great.  

Edited by rimmit
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, rimmit said:

thanks for clearing that up.  Was very vague from your post.

I recently got into scrabble to burn time, so an official scrabble dictionary would be great.  

Well it had been so long and drawn out and really so minor an issue that one would have had to studied it all for it to be anything less than vague. I have worked tons of hours and had a major surgery since it began. I will talk to Santa about your Scrabble request. 

Edited by AlohaLivin

17 minutes ago, AlohaLivin said:

I will talk to Santa about your Scrabble request. 

Thanks!  Hopefully Santa isn’t effected by Covid.  From what I hear it hasn’t hit the North Pole.   Not sure how the factories staffed by elves will function with social distancing.  From what I hear the elves are packed in even tighter than the meat processing plants.   Most elves tend to be in the younger demographic so they likely will be ok, but I definitely worry about asymptomatic transmission to Santa.  He is high risk for sure.

On 6/25/2020 at 5:57 PM, rimmit said:

Thanks!  Hopefully Santa isn’t effected by Covid.  From what I hear it hasn’t hit the North Pole.   Not sure how the factories staffed by elves will function with social distancing.  From what I hear the elves are packed in even tighter than the meat processing plants.   Most elves tend to be in the younger demographic so they likely will be ok, but I definitely worry about asymptomatic transmission to Santa.  He is high risk for sure.

Totally reminds me of the episode of Family Guy where Stevie and Brian went to the North Pole. That did not turn out so well. 

2 hours ago, hubofhockey said:

It's easy to say "re-buy".  It's more difficult to say at what price.  Is it $35, $25, or lower than that?

It' almost impossible to get a share at it's lowest price but if you sell at current levels and will buy in the 30's (should we get back there) let's say with a long term horizon you will very likely do a nice profit assuming the company will not go bankrupt. Currently this scenario is still very unlikely. If we will talk 6 months from now and still no ship of the fleet has sailed and now one knows when the first sailing will happen we are likely back in the 20's and need to see what is going on with the liquidity of the company.

What to do about RCL stock?

The only reason at this time to own RCL is for the OBC that can be applied to a shareholder's reservations. Plus only own 100 shares ... the minimum to get this benefit. The sock is way to risky now as an investment.

So: 1) If you own 100 shares and plan to sail a RCL cruise line in the future, hold on.

2) If you do not own at this time, do not buy until this COVID-19 mess is over. You will not be taking any cruises in the near future and there is a real risk of a reorganization of the company possibly hurting the value of the stock (maybe even zero).

Finally, there is also a possible;ity that RCL will eliminate this perk.

36 minutes ago, Dennis#1 said:

Yesterday’s RCL close was $46.41 per share.  How low will it go this time?

Who knows.  It’s the stock market.  It’s consistently inconsistent.  Could be $46.41, $40, $30, $25, $20.

It’s basically a game.  It goes up when they cancel cruises half the time.   Just buy in when you are comfortable and sell when you feel you made enough.  It is nearly impossible to time the exact peak or trough.