Grand Princess Coronavirus Discussion (retitled after merger of several topics)

4cats4me

25 minutes ago, idahospud said:

The notification about the Grand at https://www.princess.com/news/notices_and_advisories/notices/grand-princess-updates.html has just now been updated to include this important information:

For guests who sailed on the previous Grand Princess voyage (Feb 11-21), if you have experienced any symptoms of acute respiratory illness with fever, chills, or cough since your return home, please immediately contact your medical provider. You can also view the COVID-19 information card (PDF) provided by the CDC.

By reading the PDF information card it sounds like self-quarantine is on its way for the folks from the past voyage who aren't showing symptoms.

self quarantine is meaningless. my dh and I have no symptoms... we have going to medical appts routine, shopping, banking etc., since we returned.  Got Princess notice today, 3/4 -- Wed, two weeks up on Friday... so no quarantine really.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2020 at 3:22 PM, 4cats4me said:

https://www.ktvu.com/news/sonoma-county-set-to-declare-emergency-as-another-coronavirus-case-emerges-after-travel-to-mexico

This is a little disturbing.   In the article they don’t name the Grand.  However, she was the only ship in port that day,

and I know a few people who were on that sailing.  

Just announced man with virus from February cruise has died

4 minutes ago, strobellayjam said:

Source please? I haven’t come across this in the news wires yet. Would appreciate more information share. Thanks. 

That’s part of the problem, “main stream news” is behind the times. Sorry I don’t know how to post links or I would.  Beyond the death (of the cruiser who got off the Grand) there are 10 Kaiser Permanente health care workers, being monitored who took care of them).  But don’t worry.  It will all be on the mainstream news soon enough, as the entire ship is going to be investigated.

• Like 2

As one of the moderator's on the Princess boards, I'm going to repost Laura's post in regards to these boards.    It's understandable that it's a scary time for everyone.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Couple of quick things going forward:

• Please keep this discussion cruise related
  • Pleasure ensure that you do not copy and paste entire articles from other sites...instead select a key paragraph (usually the first) and LINK TO the article
  • Keep things polite

The community team will be following this discussion closely, and will remove any posts without notice to the author.

Thank you for your cooperation

LauraS

Edited by Host CJSKIDS
  • Thanks 1

Curious.  The webcam says the ship is headed to Ensenada at 2020-03-04, 20:00 GMT.  No doubt you are correct on where it is headed.  While missing Ensenada is not a big issue to me, going back early to SF is a big issue.  I wish you all health.

1 hour ago, pris993 said:

self quarantine is meaningless. my dh and I have no symptoms... we have going to medical appts routine, shopping, banking etc., since we returned.  Got Princess notice today, 3/4 -- Wed, two weeks up on Friday... so no quarantine really.

Same here, we've been going out and about since our return home....we are feeling ok, no issues.

EDIT:  I just saw that the Grand passenger from Placer Co. has passed away today...so sad, prayers to the family and all involved...

Edited by CruisinCindy
  • Like 2

Does this mean that the patient had the Coronavirus while he was aboard the Grand Princess.  If so, does this speak to the effectiveness of the pre cruise screening.  How about the hand washing? Maybe lessons were learned from the Diamond and that is why even more Grand Princess passengers are not sick.  I still have concerns about the air filters on the ships.  Is it possible to bring your own portable air filter...the ones that kill viruses?

1 hour ago, pris993 said:

This is the problem with this disease. It has such a long incubation period. There is really no point in attempting to contain it at the local level anymore. IF the CDC really wants to contain it they will have to start shutting down cities soon. Similar to what China had to do. They will also need to end all travel in the effected areas as the Chinese did as well. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you who may be affected. 

• Like 3