NCL Suspends Operations for 30 days - BREAKING

LMaxwell

3 minutes ago, JandC_Cruising said:

Then take the 100% cash back...

I'm not disagreeing with you that the pricing moving forward may be an issue, but...at least there is an option to just get your money back and walk away.  

I agree with Jamie and feel bad for those who understandably jumped onto the FCC earlier.  They will likely not have the choice.

I already cancelled on Mar 6 and I am yet to see credits on my credit cards.. frustrated..

6 minutes ago, esm54687 said:

NCL will lose no matter what they do...... 125 is generous because all the suppliers and vendors that provide NCL with food, beverages etc will also jack up the price by 150 to recover losses during this time.

Very unfair to expect one company to eat the cost...... 125 is a buffer expecting those companies to pass along that cost to NCL. 

125 is smoke and mirrors to convince people to leave cash with NCL.  Sky high prices make the FCC somewhat useless and if they go BK it's toilet paper (kind of a hot commodity now, so maybe not so bad)  Take the 100% cash refund and run

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, JC5240 said:

They better do the right thing by those that have already canceled and got the "Peace of Mind" FCC for cruises during this time, ie: 125% FCC or revoke the FCC and give a cash refund. 

I love NCL, but I am totally nervous about the future of this company with the US Senate letter, and now this.

I called and they couldn't answer that question. The employees seem to have been told almost after the release. All she could say was we would be notified or to try calling later, tomorrow etc. I agree we should at least have the same options. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

125 is smoke and mirrors to convince people to leave cash with NCL.  Sky high prices make the FCC somewhat useless and if they go BK it's toilet paper (kind of a hot commodity now, so maybe not so bad)  Take the 100% cash refund and run

I don't disagree with you about taking the cash but my response was to someone complaining about the FCC.

• Thanks 1

Very disappointed, was supposed to sail in 2 days. Guess I have to stay on land and be LESS safe, if the last few days of news is any indication... We already have other cruises booked that aren’t paid off yet so we will take the FCC and not need to worry about the price hike. If we didn’t already have prices locked in we’d probably take cash. It was booked partially with a voucher, hope we get that back too.

2 minutes ago, Annies88 said:

I called and they couldn't answer that question. The employees seem to have been told almost after the release. All she could say was we would be notified or to try calling later, tomorrow etc. I agree we should at least have the same options. 

I would be surprised if they do. People who canceled before the Peace of Mind policy, even on cruises that would have been covered under that policy, were not retroactively given FCC.

Per NCL's Peace of Mind FAQs: 

image.png.4fe6e24824b672b7f4db08e611800b17.png

11 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

Bankruptcy doesn’t automatically mean they go out of business and stop operating. Caesars Entertainment has been “bankrupt” for a long time, but business goes on. I do agree the price hikes do make the FCC a bad option for people who don’t already have prices locked in for future cruises, though.

• Like 1

We were supposed to be on Breakaway 4/28.  After the FCC cancellation policy came out last week, we pretty much decided we were going to cancel (due to DW work and the possibility of getting stuck somewhere for more than a few days extra).  BUT...we were not going to actually cancel until 3-4 days before the cruise because of this exact situation.  This thing has been evolving and changing by the hour...we felt there was a chance there would be cancellations of cruises and/or modifications to the cancellation policy.  So we knew we should wait and see what evolved in order to cancel under the most beneficial circumstances.  

• Like 3