NCL Suspends Operations for 30 days - BREAKING

LMaxwell

2 minutes ago, sfaaa said:

Anyone believing those NCL sales pitches about coronavirus is not that smart to begin with. 

No one should be allowed to be taken advantage of by a company knowingly giving false information. Doesn't matter if they are smart or not. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

why not still go? 

Because my companion is over 70 and a diabetic and i myself suffer from Asthma so to me is not worth it. We can cruise another time. To me all this kills the joy of cruising and not only that, my companion having to go to the Doctor to get a note is a kill joy as well...for those who keep their cruise, enjoy.

Edited by spanishguy1970
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, CroozFanatic said:

NCLH is giving themselves 90 days to refund your cash....me smell something bad.

They have liquidity problems that are about to get a LOT worse.  
Waiting 90 days should come as zero surprise.  Be glad if you get it within' 90 days. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dasmonkey said:

They have liquidity problems that are about to get a LOT worse.  
Waiting 90 days should come as zero surprise.  Be glad if you get it within' 90 days. 

it’s pretty common, Carnival is doing the same. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, spanishguy1970 said:

Because my companion is over 70 and a diabetic and i myself suffer from Asthma so to me is not worth it. We can cruise another time. To me all this kills the joy of cruising and not only that my companion having to go to the Doctor to get a doctors note is a kill joy as well...for those who keep their cruise, enjoy.

that makes sense, if my dad was going id also cancel he is 66 and also a diabetic. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jticarruthers said:

THis explains why they are "unboarding" the people who just boarded Sky this afternoon ... they didnt even make it to sailaway 😞

you would think they would sail them off and announce it at 5pm 

Edited by seaman11

45 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

On the Norwegian Sun and they are kicking us off. It's not about safety. The ship was at less than 40% capacity and they were going to lose money on the sailing. 

1 minute ago, Stilles said:

On the Norwegian Sun and they are kicking us off. It's not about safety. The ship was at less than 40% capacity and they were going to lose money on the sailing. 

Kicking you off early?

Finally.  People "smarter than us" finally decided it is not safe for the population to be in enclosed spaces.

The government has worked like it is suppose to.  Let local government decide what is best for their communities.  They have closed schools, events according to needs.

Broadway closed.

My son was sent home from College indefinitely.  There is no direction how to continue online learning, but people here are hell bent about taking that cruise!  Disinfecting does not = safe.

We still have people who think they are above the COVID-19 and expect people to bail them out if quarantined on cruise ship.  I don't want my tax $ to provide their expenses.  They CLEARLY embarked on a ship knowing all the facts and therefore should incur any expenses if they get COVID-19.  Also, please stay out of the Hospitals after you get off the ship....

Good grief.  This is unprecedented. Unknown territory...

I hope all who thought they would be safer on a Cruise Ship, please lick your wounds.  Shutting down NCL (and other cruise lines) will help to save lives.  Proper.  Whoever decided to take cruise, was simply self-centered. You didn't care about anyone else, but yourself and your vacation.  JMO and I expect flames.  This is how this board rolls 🤣

People who knowingly have symptoms on Cruise Ships are on vacation and are in WOO HOO mode! They do not report it.  That is an offense.  How many will actually report they are sick?

Not everyone is on CC.  Imagine all those people scrambling not on CC?!

I have a cruise booked in 9/21.  I already saw that I will lose 25% of my deposit if I cancel. Watch what you are booking!

Stay safe everyone...

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, esm54687 said:

NCL will lose no matter what they do...... 125 is generous because all the suppliers and vendors that provide NCL with food, beverages etc will also jack up the price by 150 to recover losses during this time.

Very unfair to expect one company to eat the cost...... 125 is a buffer expecting those companies to pass along that cost to NCL. 

Princess is offering a much more generous refund package the its canceled cruises.

• Like 2

I get people are upset and all ASSUME that NCL will raise rates, but, wouldn't it be smart for them, especially when they resume operations, (and I know some think they never will) to run specials to entice people to sail with them again?  Right now, the cruising industry has a huge black eye.  There will be people who will look at cruises as incubators for disease.  So why not do something to get people to cruise again?   Now, I can see a cruise line seeing that they have a cruiser with FCC and jacking up the price (sort of how cable customers NEVER give deals to existing customers), but I'm hopeful they will do the right thing by their frequent cruisers or they might lose them forever.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, steveknj said:

I get people are upset and all ASSUME that NCL will raise rates, but, wouldn't it be smart for them, especially when they resume operations, (and I know some think they never will) to run specials to entice people to sail with them again?  Right now, the cruising industry has a huge black eye.  There will be people who will look at cruises as incubators for disease.  So why not do something to get people to cruise again?   Now, I can see a cruise line seeing that they have a cruiser with FCC and jacking up the price (sort of how cable customers NEVER give deals to existing customers), but I'm hopeful they will do the right thing by their frequent cruisers or they might lose them forever.

i agree , when the dust settles , im probably going to go on 3 within 6 months 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, steveknj said:

I am too, but one thing is certain, the building of new ships will probably cease for a while.

1 minute ago, seaman11 said:

i agree , when the dust settles , im probably going to go on 3 within 6 months 

LOL we already have one booked in October a Transatlantic, we are keeping that reservation, it was cheap cheap cheap. Now, the price is 3 times as much

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

they should have just banned 70 and older.  its not really "unsafe" to cruise for others.  everyone is well aware of taking extra precautions. 

That not how it works. Pandemics are spread to a much higher degree by healthy people. This is absolutely necessary. 

• Like 2