Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

21 minutes ago, mfajxc99 said:

Hi Guys,

I read it somewhere that Carnival, Inc (parent co of Princess) just raised 6 billions.... so I'd assume they have cash now...

https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/04/06/why-carnival-stock-will-probably-never-fully-recov.aspx

Please read the article.  It makes it clear that this was an act of desperation.  Carnival is still very much on life support.  These new bond holders have taken a win-win position.... if Carnival stays in business they will earn 11.5% and if Carnival goes bankrupt they hold first-priority liens on nearly all of its valuable assets (e.g. ships), so they have nothing to lose.

29 minutes ago, LDVinNC said:

Yes, of course.  You know what I meant - no human interaction on the bank side.

What I meant was wouldn't there need to be key-clicks both at the bank and at Princess?  As I understand it, Princess has always been a little slow with refunds as they use a 3rd party vendor to process their refunds, so we are likely adding another layer of human interfacing with an EDP system.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daniel A said:

What I meant was wouldn't there need to be key-clicks both at the bank and at Princess?  As I understand it, Princess has always been a little slow with refunds as they use a 3rd party vendor to process their refunds, so we are likely adding another layer of human interfacing with an EDP system.

They are also all working from home right now.

• Thanks 1

So, as mentioned before I received my refund a couple days ago (see comment 800 pages back). I logged in this morning (as I always do) and I have my FCC. The thing is, I have NO IDEA how they calculated it? Wasn’t it supposed to be just the cost of my cruise and not ez-air? The amount of my FCC seems to be the cruise fare + ez-air (25%) plus $145 dollars. I was eligible for the 25% refund but I thought it would only be for the cruise cost? 
Granted, from what I read this may disappear tomorrow since some people say the credit comes and goes. Anyone else seeing an odd amount for their FCC?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dearinger said:

So, as mentioned before I received my refund a couple days ago (see comment 800 pages back). I logged in this morning (as I always do) and I have my FCC. The thing is, I have NO IDEA how they calculated it? Wasn’t it supposed to be just the cost of my cruise and not ez-air? The amount of my FCC seems to be the cruise fare + ez-air (25%) plus $145 dollars. I was eligible for the 25% refund but I thought it would only be for the cruise cost? 
Granted, from what I read this may disappear tomorrow since some people say the credit comes and goes. Anyone else seeing an odd amount for their FCC?

Just wanted to say thanks for reporting! Hope more people start reporting soon. I have no clue how it will be calculated. I also had EZ Air and hotels so it will be interesting how they calculate this.

21 hours ago, voljeep said:

thanks for a post about credit card chargebacks ...

My question is can/will Princess 'blacklist' any customers who request a chargeback to their credit cards, from any future cruises with Princess while a refund/FCC is in process from any future cruising with Princess unless cash is used 

I don't think Princess would blacklist you, but it could put your account in limbo for a while, which may prevent you from booking until they are able to reconcile the balance due.  If you believe Carnival is going to survive, which looks likely, then it would be better to wait for the refund and FCC.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dearinger said:

It's good to hear that they are starting to process the refunds.

Edited by travelhound

for those of you who have received a refund back to your credit cards: have you requested your credit card company/bank to issue you a check for the amount of the refund (considering how large it could be can't imagine anyone leaving a credit balance that large on your account). Any problems with getting a check issued from your banks? thanks

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I wonder if the people who contest the charge on their credit card will lose their status in Captains Circle.

Why Daniel would you even post that?

People are under enough stress and frustration dealing with the facts while waiting to get their money back but to deliberately throw out your thoughts...based on nothing concrete ...only adds more fuel to this dumpster of concern.

I think you meant that as your 'inside voice' that just slipped out.

May we ALL see our money back and the world return to better healthier times so we and Princess can get back to 'normal' whatever that may look like.

Have a good day.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mauiluver said:

for those of you who have received a refund back to your credit cards: have you requested your credit card company/bank to issue you a check for the amount of the refund (considering how large it could be can't imagine anyone leaving a credit balance that large on your account). Any problems with getting a check issued from your banks? thanks

Good question.  I am wondering the same thing.

7 minutes ago, remydiva said:

May we ALL see our money back and the world return to better healthier times so we and Princess can get back to 'normal' whatever that may look like.

Have a good day.

Right.  I, frankly, could not care less about my Captain's Circle status.  I just want my money back!

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, remydiva said:

Why Daniel would you even post that?

People are under enough stress and frustration dealing with the facts while waiting to get their money back but to deliberately throw out your thoughts...based on nothing concrete ...only adds more fuel to this dumpster of concern.

I think you meant that as your 'inside voice' that just slipped out.

Have a good day.

i'm thinking Princess will blacklist people who do that when a refund policy is in place … or all CASH in the future

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mauiluver said:

I am not sure about that, but I just plan on using the refund, along with FCC to book future cruises.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, travelhound said:

I am not sure about that, but I just plan on using the refund, along with FCC to book future cruises.

I think there are some people who may be in for a surprise if/when their bank reinstates the charges to their credit card accounts after Princess documents to the banks a valid refund policy is in effect.

2 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I think there are some people who may be in for a surprise if/when their bank reinstates the charges to their credit card accounts after Princess documents to the banks a valid refund policy is in effect.

I’m sure you won’t have to worry about that. Sounds like you are on top of your bookings/ cancellations. I hope it works out for everyone. My Amex dispute has been resolved successfully in my favour. 

• Like 1

Just now, Daniel A said:

I think it depends in the bank. In my case, they said the merchant must refund in 7 days if they cancel your event/service. This clock starts from the time you are notified of the cancellation. Granted, I am sure all banks aren’t as gracious but in the case of my airfare, I did dispute it after 14 days. I received a call from Princess about it and they acknowledged it and said that since I received my refund that they will mark that part of my trip as resolved. (An hour later, the airfare dropped of my still active reservation) I still received my FCC for next year (they refunded my cruise fare on their own) and for some reason FCC for the EZ-Air. The lady I spoke with didn’t seem annoyed/upset about the charge back, she said it just slows down the process but doesn’t fault me for the concern. Great customer service! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Coral said:

I doubt this.

oh, I do to … 🤑

but I have read that a major manufacture of outdoor clothes and equipment,  has placed customers on a "no return policy" after too many returns ...

Edited by voljeep
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mauiluver said:

Getting a major credit card company to issue a check is not a problem, assuming you can get through to a human.  We have a huge credit on one of our cards because of the cancellation of a long cruise, but have left the money on the card..for the moment.  Trying to deposit a large check back into my checking account is a hassle since the check would exceed the maximum I can remotely deposit.  In this case I would actually need to make an appointment with the bank (which is currently open by appointment only) which is a royal pain.

Hank