Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

We were in the first round of pause of operations and emailed the same day the return of Option 2.  At the end of April we got the 25% FCC credited on our Captain circle account.  Cruise was depart May 06.  To date no refund has been processed nor is in process with the CC Companies.

I have started a dispute with the CC Companies and will await the outcome.

My insurance company here in Canada will cover the fare if Princess doesn't come thru or the CC companies.  They mentioned they will subrogate any funds coming from Princess to me.  That is to say they will get the refund not me.  Of course that was today...

On our credit card, which we filled a dispute, after waiting 60 days.  The orginally

said within 30 days.   

It was listed  credit right a way.  They  then send an email

came saying that if they don't hear from Princess with 30

days, calander days, that this matter would be close. 

At least we have a firm date.  We would have waited. but

this was a large amount.  We knew that the airline had returned the

money to Princess towards the end of March.  

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

It changes by the day. Every person you speak to will say something different. I am pause 1 and have neither refund nor FCC after submitting for option 1 on March 12th on a March 14th sailing. I have called a few times and got nowhere. I now email or direct message on social media as I want written proof of what they are saying. Last time I asked, I was told my refund and FCC had been processed April 29th and would take up to 60 days from then to go to my credit card and captain circle account. I was also told that my shorex had been refunded on March 12th but Paypal had declined the refund so a cheque was in the mail. Yesterday I put in a dispute with Paypal. Next is the dispute with credit cards. Enough is enough.

You have found the discrepancy in what the various parts of Princess are saying.

The webinar for the Travel Agents last week said that all the Pause 1 cancellations had been processed in April. Foolish us. We assumed that processed meant refunded or posted as FCCs.

Aparrently it only meant one part of Princess was finished with it and all the results from that processing have been sent on to another part of Princess to actually make the refunds to original forms of payment and to Captain's Cirtcle accounts.

2 minutes ago, caribill said:

You have found the discrepancy in what the various parts of Princess are saying.

The webinar for the Travel Agents last week said that all the Pause 1 cancellations had been processed in April. Foolish us. We assumed that processed meant refunded or posted as FCCs.

Aparrently it only meant one part of Princess was finished with it and all the results from that processing have been sent on to another part of Princess to actually make the refunds to original forms of payment and to Captain's Cirtcle accounts.

Sadly, it has come to the point where I believe nothing that comes from them. It pains me to say this as Princess was "my" company. My go-to cruise line (though I have certainly sailed with others). I have full suites booked in 2021 and 2022 which already have significant payments as I like to spread paying over time. I am now considering cancelling both. I wouldn't have an issue waiting if only the company were being transparent and honest in the need for delay.

3 minutes ago, bobgep said:

filed cc dispute today, 61 days, if I was a day late with payment, they would keep my deposit and cancel my cruise

Unfortunately, we had to do the same. Not very pleasant, but Princess screwed up our option request badly, so we were real dubious as to whether they would ever straighten that out. This way we have at least 'some' hope. 

Hello. I have question about filing cc dispute.  We cancelled before final and it will be 60days since that time tomorrow.  Our cruise was to sail in July.  We made this deposit back in May 2019.  I have read that refunds are going according sail date, I understand that.  Is there a particular time I could, if I wished, proceed cc route?  Just looking for information for future.  Thank you.

36 minutes ago, HappyMe_ said:

Hello. I have question about filing cc dispute.  We cancelled before final and it will be 60days since that time tomorrow.  Our cruise was to sail in July.  We made this deposit back in May 2019.  I have read that refunds are going according sail date, I understand that.  Is there a particular time I could, if I wished, proceed cc route?  Just looking for information for future.  Thank you.

You would need to check with your bank regarding timeline as some seem to have different policies. Make sure you are specific about the fact this is a refund for services not received in terms of travel. When I originally asked, back in March, I was told that it was 60 days from transaction date but this is not the case for services not received. I have since clarified and my Capital One Mastercard and RBC Visa both confirmed that I have 119 days from the day travel was meant to commence to file a dispute. I contacted Princess via email this week and informed them that if I they do not resolve by May 20th I will be proceed with a chargeback.

Good luck.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CruzRamirez said:

I am in the U.S.  Princess cancelled my March 14 Sky Princess western caribbean cruise on March 12. Three guests, and each with shore excursions booked directly with Princess. I picked the 100 percent cash refund option in replying to them on March 12.  60 days had passed and being concerned, I called them on May 12. They said they processed on May 7 the full cruise fare, refunding to my credit card. They processed shore-excursion amount for guest 1 on May 7, and shore-excursion refunds for guests 2 and 3 on May 8. They said it may take 10-15 business days for processed-refunds to cross over into my credit card account. The correct total for the 3 guests' refunded cruise fare, plus guest 1 shore-excursion refund, showed up in my account yesterday as three entries- the deposit amount, final payment amount, and shore-ex amount. I am waiting for shore-excursion refunds for guests 2 and 3 to appear.

That sounds encouraging.  My Family was booked for March 22nd, so maybe we will be refunded soon.

Edited by travelhound

3 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Sadly, it has come to the point where I believe nothing that comes from them. It pains me to say this as Princess was "my" company. My go-to cruise line (though I have certainly sailed with others). I have full suites booked in 2021 and 2022 which already have significant payments as I like to spread paying over time. I am now considering cancelling both. I wouldn't have an issue waiting if only the company were being transparent and honest in the need for delay.

I feel the same way...conflicting information, lost requests & missed deadlines are not ways to keep customer loyalty. In their press release they state that 66% of their clients are repeat passengers...wonder what percentage will remain as loyal CCL passengers after their mishandling of issuing FCCs & refunds.

Princess has been our preferred cruise line since first sailing with them in 1988. After waiting 60 days for our Option 1 FCC & refunds they said our request from 3/12 was not in their system. Despite providing our confirmation emails we received on 3/12 with the breakdown of our claim they don’t care about correcting their mistake...reapply & wait another 60 days.

If today’s CCL press release is to be believed, only 38% of their clients have requested refunds while the others want to sail with them again (FCC). With new layoffs & furloughing of employees the time to process our claims will likely get even longer.

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/news-releases/news-release-details/carnival-corporation-announces-additional-steps-further

I just got off the line with Princess. We are at 62 days we chose Opt #2. They said they are no longer giving a time frame for the refund, she said they were going by Sail Date. Our sail date would have been 4 April on Sky. I asked what sale date they were up too and the rep said she had no way of knowing 😖. Hopefully by next Friday I have my refund or I will dispute it with my credit card company. Good luck to all of us waiting in the wings🙄🤪 Stay Safe and corona free!

7 hours ago, Mackenzie1 said:

If I may ask, how long did it take for Chase to act on your dispute?  I called a dispute in with them last week, but haven’t heard anything back. Thanks!

I called them to open it on the 5th.  I got the form from them via secure messaging (Chase AP) on the 6th.  Filled out scanned the form and sent it and all supporting documentation on the 7th.  Did not hear anything so called the refund department yesterday.  They checked the claim.  Got the money in may account last night and another letter that said that Princess has 30 days to respond.

If you don't have secure messaging they will mail you the form.

On 5/13/2020 at 12:52 AM, CarelessAndConfused said:

I mean if it's okay for them to be THIS slow after 60 days having issued what appears to be virtually ZERO cash refunds in the 1st mass cancellation period, then you're by extension saying that most of us will literally all be dead by the time they are able to complete the refunds.

The cynic in me is thinking this may be their game plan! 😈

Princess cancelled our cruise which should have been in March  I chose the 225% option and today I received the future cruise credit on my Princess a/c but the port taxes and extras which were to be refunded in cash have not yet appeared.  Do they have to come via the TA?

6 hours ago, Ronnieslady said:

My TA said when she called for me today, that it could take up to another 180 days for them to credit our credit card.  We chose option 2. Our sailing was March 13th.They have kept our 9 thousand long enough.

They sure have.  I suggest you file a cc dispute.  Your card MAY have a time limit for disputes.  I checked the 3 that I used and all of them had different timeframes.  I filed my disputes the other day and have already gotten provisional credits on one, and a partial provisional credit on another.

1 hour ago, windsor26 said:

Princess cancelled our cruise which should have been in March  I chose the 225% option and today I received the future cruise credit on my Princess a/c but the port taxes and extras which were to be refunded in cash have not yet appeared.  Do they have to come via the TA?

In the US - it is kept in a holding account for future cruises (for example, FCC can't go towards future taxes).. You can contact your TA to have it refunded.

10 hours ago, Waterluv said:

I just got off the line with Princess. We are at 62 days we chose Opt #2. They said they are no longer giving a time frame for the refund, she said they were going by Sail Date. Our sail date would have been 4 April on Sky. I asked what sale date they were up too and the rep said she had no way of knowing 😖. Hopefully by next Friday I have my refund or I will dispute it with my credit card company. Good luck to all of us waiting in the wings🙄🤪 Stay Safe and corona free!

My sail date "should" have been tomorrow May 16th.  So according to your "princess rep" they will not have monies back to me for another 61 or more days.  Not acceptable to me.  I paid a deposit in Aug 2019 and made final payment in February 2020.  That was over 10 months for deposit and 90 days for final payment.   I disputed the charges on my credit card last week, the credit is sitting on my account.

The only people that should have a wait are the ones that are asking for FCC for their refund.  That might take a couple of minutes to figure that out.  For those people asking for a 100% refund, it means that if I have a total of $3,550 that I paid, hit a button and give me a refund.  Stores do it all the time with your receipt when you return something.  This is not rocket science.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ronnieslady said:

My TA said when she called for me today, that it could take up to another 180 days for them to credit our credit card.  We chose option 2. Our sailing was March 13th.They have kept our 9 thousand long enough.

Wow.....