Currently on Coral Princess ....

YWW

On 3/17/2020 at 4:25 PM, Colo Cruiser said:

You may want to get that in writing.

Yeah. I just wish people would stop guessing what Princess will do and giving opinions as if they were facts.

Those of us that were on the 32 day ending in FLL, are pretty much on our own to figure how how to get from Argentina to our home. 

3 minutes ago, suzyed said:

Yeah. I just wish people would stop guessing what Princess will do and giving opinions as if they were facts.

Those of us that were on the 32 day ending in FLL, are pretty much on our own to figure how how to get from Argentina to our home. 

again, what is the reason given for not continuing on to FLL ?  Princess imposed timeout date ?

21 minutes ago, voljeep said:

again, what is the reason given for not continuing on to FLL ?  Princess imposed timeout date ?

Yes.  As for confirmed tickets, we have a printout from Princess and were told that is our ticket. I asked about boarding passes and was told that's it. We seem to be moving slowly up river and those without confirmed flights were just told not to put their luggage out; they would be helped later.  I think I'll wait until late to put mine out.

42 minutes ago, voljeep said:

Because when the last cruise ship comes into Port Everglades Friday it is closed for cruise liners. I live in Borward County and the mayor just did a press conference on that. They are keeping it open for cargo, gas etc ONLY

Kathy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LunaSeaRetreat said:

Yes.  As for confirmed tickets, we have a printout from Princess and were told that is our ticket. I asked about boarding passes and was told that's it. We seem to be moving slowly up river and those without confirmed flights were just told not to put their luggage out; they would be helped later.  I think I'll wait until late to put mine out.

There are still many of us without confirmed flights from Princess EZAir. I called Princess EZAir earlier. They are saying most passengers without confirmed flights actually have flights reserved for them departing out of Buenos Aires on March 20, not 19th because ship's official disembarking time in Buenos Aires is 6pm March 19 per EZAir whereas the ship's captain is telling us ship should dock by 1am, ready to disembark shortly after. Since EZAir goes by the previous official time of 6pm on the 19th, they can't release reservations or rebook flights until the Captain sends out a revised arrival time to indicate earlier arrival time. So we have a huge mess here with hundreds of passengers in limbo. Some of us may have to end up spending an extra night on the ship or in a hotel. The reception area this evening is jammed with passengers, not a pretty scene.

• Like 1

suzyed,  I pray for your safe return;  being stranded in a foreign country is bad; like real bad.  That is one thing most people don't think about when they take a cruise.  You expect to go from point A and end up at point B.  No one expected to have a point D thrown in with no hope of getting to point B.  Keep us posted and we pray for your safe return.

Edited by AF-1
  • Thanks 1

Hi.

My parents are in the ship right now and today they were suppose to disembark. They don't know how to use any technology, so it's been really hard to me to communicate with them.

Do you know if the passengers are disembarking right now?

They have a confirmed flight not for today but for the 21st. 

I hope each and everyone of you makes it back to your homes safely.  I know this is a most trying time for you.

If anyone from the ship end up in Miami and needs help locating hotels or anything else, I'm very happy to try and help.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just got a phone call from a friend (passenger)on the ship. She was waiting in a lounge to get off. Their flight hasn't been cancelled. Then they were told to go to passengers services to get their luggage back.Hadn't been off loaded yet.  She said Argentine passengers were called to get off.She thinks they did. No other announcements. So they are back in their cabin waiting for more information and missing their flight.She said she will email me when she knows more.

9 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

Just got a phone call from a friend (passenger)on the ship. She was waiting in a lounge to get off. Their flight hasn't been cancelled. Then they were told to go to passengers services to get their luggage back.Hadn't been off loaded yet.  She said Argentine passengers were called to get off.She thinks they did. No other announcements. So they are back in their cabin waiting for more information and missing their flight.She said she will email me when she knows more.

Oh no. That's bad news. Thanks for the info.

We are waiting on new flight arrangements for tomorrow March 20 since we missed our.12:25 flight today.  Many have gotten off but it seams that if your flight was before 4:00 pm you are rescheduled.  The ship and crew have been most helpful but I know some passengers with independent flight arrangements are unhappy that Princess did not take care of them.  

As I was writing the above the Captain announced that Princess would help all those that had independent arrangements that were canceled.  He said the ship would remain here until all passengers are able to get flights. 

• Thanks 1

We are waiting on new flight arrangements for tomorrow March 20 since we missed our.12:25 flight today.  Many have gotten off but it seams that if your flight was before 4:00 pm you are rescheduled.  The ship and crew have been most helpful but I know some passengers with independent flight arrangements are unhappy that Princess did not take care of them.  

As I was writing the above the Captain announced that Princess would help all those that had independent arrangements that were canceled.  He said the ship would remain here until all passengers are able to get flights. 

From Princess..

Updated March 19, 2020 12:30PM PT

Family Assistance

If you are the immediate family of a guest onboard Coral Princess or Pacific Princess you may call the appropriate number for your region for assistance:

USA and Canada: +1-800-774-6237 
United Kingdom: 0344 338 8663
Australia: 1300 551 853
New Zealand: 0800 780 717

Other international guests and other regions: +1 661 284 4902

Coral Princess

Coral Princess is currently docked in Buenos Aires, and has been cleared by Argentine customs as well as the Ministry of Health. However, Coral Princess has not yet been fully cleared by local immigration. As such, only guests holding an Argentinean passport and/or guests who have confirmed flights departing today (March 19) have been cleared to disembark.

Princess Cruises is working through diplomatic channels to get full clearance so all guests can depart over the next several days. As of this update, Coral Princess will remain alongside in Buenos Aires to accommodate guest’s departures in this evolving situation. Princess Cruises will also help rebook air travel for all guests as needed.

Given the fluid nature of the situation and limited availability of flights, we thank our guests and all those impacted for their continued patience and understanding. We will share additional information as it becomes available.

10 hours ago, san diego sue said:

Anyone know if passengers are disembarking this morning? 

Not in the morning.  It was afternoon that they started letting them off.  Some were sent out at 2:30 for a 4:20 flight and we were pretty sure they would miss their flight since earlier they told us we needed a minimum of 3 hours to make the flight.  Many came back later.  Then at 8 PM they were sending others to the airport for late night flights and early morning ones....so several were sent to sleep at the airport for their early morning flight!😳

At this point we have air reservations for March 21st. So we will spend two additional days on the ship and hope all goes well for our flights then!
Until then, we sit in port and watch the goings on at the container port!  We got to watch "The Secret Silk" show this evening and even got to play a little trivia!  They brought our suitcases back from the airport and we were able to have them taken back to our cabin. 
Emotionally exhausting day for some but we'll hanging in there!
Oh! Did I mention that they woke us up at 3am to tell us Argentine officials were coming onboard to  take our temperatures?  Yes, 3am!

24 minutes ago, suzyed said:

At this point we have air reservations for March 21st. So we will spend two additional days on the ship and hope all goes well for our flights then!
Until then, we sit in port and watch the goings on at the container port!  We got to watch "The Secret Silk" show this evening and even got to play a little trivia!  They brought our suitcases back from the airport and we were able to have them taken back to our cabin. 
Emotionally exhausting day for some but we'll hanging in there!
Oh! Did I mention that they woke us up at 3am to tell us Argentine officials were coming onboard to  take our temperatures?  Yes, 3am!

Disturbing to be woken up in the middle of the night. I wonder what their rationale was?  Normal body temperature is usually at its lowest around 4 AM and highest around 4 PM. I wonder if they thought they might catch people who are taking antipyretics as they would be wearing off during the night.  

Hope everyone gets home safely soon.  All the best.  

I recieved a tip from someone working on board that Coral would be coming to Florida.

The Port Everglades harbormaster does have the arrival listed for 06-April.

Of course, everything is subject to change...

Coral_April_2020.jpg

I have two Uk passengers currently on this ships cruise that was supposed to have arrived into Heathrow this morning

Not heard a thing from email and phone text whatsapp

would be interested in hearing if any Uk citizens did get off and get flights or when likely too

cheets 

4 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

I recieved a tip from someone working on board that Coral would be coming to Florida.

Coral_April_2020.jpg

This just hasn't been updated. 

8 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

Coral_April_2020.jpg

April 6th was our intended arrival date in FLL since day 1.

jan Swartz made the stupid decision to end our cruise in BA on March 19th which was less than half way of our cruise. Then Argentina wouldn’t let us disembark.

so here we are!