Currently on Coral Princess ....

YWW

2 minutes ago, lstone19 said:

MarineTraffic.com is showing Coral's destination as Bridgetown, Barbados on Mar 30 (Coral's bridge cam just says "At Sea"). Has anything been said onboard about Bridgetown? I wonder if they're working on a plan to take the European passengers off there. I can remember many years ago Princess had an Eastern Caribbean itinerary that embarked North American passengers in Ft. Lauderdale but European passengers in Bridgetown and Barbados is part of the British Commonwealth so it may be an easier port to use for repatriating the UK citizens (and possibly other Europeans) on the ship.

Some UK charters started in Bridgetown in the past.

34 minutes ago, lstone19 said:

MarineTraffic.com is showing Coral's destination as Bridgetown, Barbados on Mar 30 (Coral's bridge cam just says "At Sea"). Has anything been said onboard about Bridgetown? I wonder if they're working on a plan to take the European passengers off there. I can remember many years ago Princess had an Eastern Caribbean itinerary that embarked North American passengers in Ft. Lauderdale but European passengers in Bridgetown and Barbados is part of the British Commonwealth so it may be an easier port to use for repatriating the UK citizens (and possibly other Europeans) on the ship.

You just might have something there.

4 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

You just might have something there.

Following up myself, or, it just might be a service stop (fuel an/or supplies). A likely course from the eastern tip of Brazil to Ft. Lauderdale includes passing just north of Barbuda. Doing so via Barbados adds less than 50 miles to approximately 2,400 miles from the eastern tip of Brazil to Barbuda. 

Really glad to see there appears to be a decision as to where you’ll disembark. If I were onboard I think I would like to hear we were headed for Fort Lauderdale but I’m sure there are some onboard who are distraught over being away from home or work for the additional couple weeks. 
It’s great to hear there aren’t any cases of the virus onboard and that the crew is taking such care to take good care of everyone onboard. Both are huge given all thats going on around the world and specifically the cruise industry. The captain and crew we amazing during our SA to Santiago voyage in Jan/Feb so it’s no surprise they’re taking good care of you all as well. 

take care and smooth sailing!

Chris

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lstone19 said:

MarineTraffic.com is showing Coral's destination as Bridgetown, Barbados on Mar 30 (Coral's bridge cam just says "At Sea"). Has anything been said onboard about Bridgetown? I wonder if they're working on a plan to take the European passengers off there.

After 9/11, one of the P&O lines (maybe Ocean Village?) was running carribbean cruises from Barbados, intended

primarily for people from the UK.    This eliminated the problems and delays of entering the US.

Barbados would seem like a good place to disembark the folks from the UK, and put them all on a charter

back to London. (I heard there were 374 people from the UK)

Carnival's southern Caribbean itinerary that starts in Puerto Rico also takes on passengers in Barbados (or it did 3 years ago - though we got on in PR), and P&O definitely still have itineraries that start and end there. I think British Airways are also still running flights at the moment, not sure about Virgin. 

We hear that the Barbados call is to refuel (informed onboard chatter - not from Captain). However it does present an opportunity for non-US to get off provided everything is in place for immediate onward travel.

This has been put forward, but it will require lots of work by organisations and governments. Certainly the UK contingent are pressing for this to be actively considered.

8 minutes ago, lstone19 said:

Is Todd McBain currently captain on Coral Princess?

He was on the Coral for our voyage that ended Feb 6th in Santiago so I expect he is but hopefully someone onboard now will confirm.  He was awesome! 

1 hour ago, pb_uk said:

We hear that the Barbados call is to refuel (informed onboard chatter - not from Captain). However it does present an opportunity for non-US to get off provided everything is in place for immediate onward travel.

This has been put forward, but it will require lots of work by organisations and governments. Certainly the UK contingent are pressing for this to be actively considered.

We heard a lot of anti-cruise rhetoric on the local radio when we were in Barbados in February. Pure fear mongering. "We don't know who these people are, where they've been" etc..... I couldn't believe that they were playing this in the shops we visited. It made us feel most unwelcome. Hopefully, they'll be able to accommodate everyone and get everyone back home.

I have a question. Why do you think they are sailing to FTL instead of MIA? MIA is one of the 13 airports permitted to fly international. FTL is a good hour away from Miami Airport by bus and it seems to me it would be much easier for the passengers to fly out of MIA. I don;t even know if FTL is accepting or departing flights?

Kathy

35 minutes ago, rabin1 said:

I have a question. Why do you think they are sailing to FTL instead of MIA? MIA is one of the 13 airports permitted to fly international. FTL is a good hour away from Miami Airport by bus and it seems to me it would be much easier for the passengers to fly out of MIA. I don;t even know if FTL is accepting or departing flights?

Kathy

I wouldn’t get too focused on final destination - anything could happen before then!

Two hours ago, we were told by Captain that our next stop was Rio, not direct to Barbados. 

We have yet to be told what this stop is for.

1 hour ago, rabin1 said:

Kathy

Princess does not use Miami and I believe the Miami piers are full regardless.

1 hour ago, rabin1 said:

Kathy

The airport code is FLL and yes it's open for flights.

1 hour ago, pb_uk said:

I wouldn’t get too focused on final destination - anything could happen before then!

Two hours ago, we were told by Captain that our next stop was Rio, not direct to Barbados. 

We have yet to be told what this stop is for.

I heard ... and this isn't even as stong as a rumor...

Folks who are neither british nor american will be disembarked in Brazil.

British will be disembarked in Barbados.

Coral will continue to Ft. Lauderdale, and disembark all americans.

But, there is no approval for this yet.

7 minutes ago, Roberto256 said:

I heard ... and this isn't even as stong as a rumor...

Folks who are neither british nor american will be disembarked in Brazil.

British will be disembarked in Barbados.

Coral will continue to Ft. Lauderdale, and disembark all americans.

But, there is no approval for this yet.

Nice idea! 

Slight Chaos on board as princess have just issued a form asking if we want to get off in Rio. To be handed in by 17.00 local time with passports. However they also said no agreement in place with Brazil. 

UK group meeting at 17.00 to debate. Random view is stay put.

I'm in bar having a beer until then!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, pb_uk said:

Nice idea! 

Slight Chaos on board as princess have just issued a form asking if we want to get off in Rio. To be handed in by 17.00 local time with passports. However they also said no agreement in place with Brazil. 

Thanks for the info. 

Please keep us informed. 

🙂

25 minutes ago, pb_uk said:

Nice idea! 

Thanks for the updates.  

I will continue to listen to those of you onboard.

Not the ones pushing misinformation. 

Hope everyone gets to the port they feel most comfortable disembarking in.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, rabin1 said:

Kathy

I realize you don't want them in FTL and would rather have them here in Miami but Princess uses Fort Lauderdale as their terminal and  FLL is open. Princess has their terminal and their contract in Fort Lauderdale.   MIA is the airport where international flights can land coming into this country currently down here. since there is so little traffic right now, the terminal in Fort Lauderdale should be a 30 minute drive so it's nothing. 

We have had many ships get off here in Miami and they need a place to go. 

Port Miami is packed with ships right now and I can see another anchored off shore at the  moment. The one side also has cargo ships here.  I don't see a spot open!

Those on the Coral deserve to come back into the US and head home.  By the time they get here, they will be the safest people to be around!!  

Edited by Host CJSKIDS
  • Like 6

28 minutes ago, pb_uk said:

Nice idea! 

Thanks for the update.  I hope the rest of the day goes well for you and that you make it where you need to.

Enjoy that beer!!  Cheers

• Like 2
  • Haha 1