Currently on Coral Princess ....

YWW

8 minutes ago, onboard2005 said:

Are passengers starting to get angry? What's the atmosphere like?

No, not at all. No point doing so at ship level.

In fact we are being very positive with the crew, who are being marvellous, our fellow passengers, and the officers.

in UK we call it the Dunkirk spirit.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, pb_uk said:

No, not at all. No point doing so at ship level.

In fact we are being very positive with the crew, who are being marvellous, our fellow passengers, and the officers.

in UK we call it the Dunkirk spirit.

That's good to hear! Are drinks free??? If so, have a few and kick back. Not much to do at this time so relax and make the best of it. I myself love sea days but others may be crazy by now! Keep up the Dunkirk spirit!  

We're all following your adventure

🙂 🍹

2 hours ago, Wichard said:

Not sure how to do it but I will be in the Explorers lounge at 4:30 or am outside now for the next hour, white shirt and shorts.

2 hours ago, Wichard said:

Not sure how to do it but I will be in the Explorers lounge at 4:30 or am outside now for the next hour, white shirt and shorts.

Catch you another time. Direct message system says it disabled.

7 hours ago, pb_uk said:

Catch you another time. Direct message system says it disabled.

Can you and @Wichardshare at least your first names on here and perhaps a portion of your cabin numbers (e.g. B4xx, or C53x)?  It seems you are trying to keep anonymous.  Did your cruise have a Roll Call with each passenger's info?  You should be able to find each other using FIND SHIPMATE function in the OCEAN apps.  You need at least part of the name to search on.  Last Name would be best.  First Name if not something real common like "John".  What about spouse name?  I am thinking you can get creative in leaving some info here to find each other.  You cannot DM on Cruise Critic.  One of you could post your email address in your CC Signature block and once the other has seen it and made contact, you can remove it from the Signature block and it goes away from all postings.  GOOD LUCK!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Can you and @Wichardshare at least your first names on here and perhaps a portion of your cabin numbers (e.g. B4xx, or C53x)?  It seems you are trying to keep anonymous.  Did your cruise have a Roll Call with each passenger's info?  You should be able to find each other using FIND SHIPMATE function in the OCEAN apps.  You need at least part of the name to search on.  Last Name would be best.  First Name if not something real common like "John".  What about spouse name?  I am thinking you can get creative in leaving some info here to find each other.  You cannot DM on Cruise Critic.  One of you could post your email address in your CC Signature block and once the other has seen it and made contact, you can remove it from the Signature block and it goes away from all postings.  GOOD LUCK!!

pb_uk we are in the Explorers lounge every day at 4:30, just ask the wait staff for Richard and Nancy or alternatively I am the one with a Guinness or an empty Guinness glass as the case may be.

• Like 1

Thank you Steelers36 for helpful suggestions....much appreciated.

There may be a pause in postings, as I guess not much to say over the next days at sea.

Cruisemapper.com shows our progress.

We now need our respective governments to step up and get us repatriation flights plus easy entry (for US). If anyone reading this wishes to lobby their representatives on our behalf, then please do so.

• Like 3

Don't panic.  You are safer on that ship than we are in the US.  You have someone serving you food and drink and making your bed.  We have to be careful going to the grocery store.  Shelves are bare.  We are eating things we have never eaten before.  Restaurants are closed.  Enjoy your cruise to Fort Lauderdale.  We have two Carnival and one Royal cruise ship docked in Gulfport.  They are working on offloading the crew.  The US will let you in.  Just maybe not where you want to be.  You have complete run of the ship.  We are confined to our 1200 square foot condo except for trips to the grocery store.  I am not complaining.  Just trying to let you know what life is like "back home".  To me, you have it pretty good.  When you get home, you will be quarantined.  Not because you might have the virus but because somebody else might.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, HotRoot said:

Don't panic.  You are safer on that ship than we are in the US.  You have someone serving you food and drink and making your bed.  We have to be careful going to the grocery store.  Shelves are bare.  We are eating things we have never eaten before.  Restaurants are closed.  Enjoy your cruise to Fort Lauderdale.  We have two Carnival and one Royal cruise ship docked in Gulfport.  They are working on offloading the crew.  The US will let you in.  Just maybe not where you want to be.  You have complete run of the ship.  We are confined to our 1200 square foot condo except for trips to the grocery store.  I am not complaining.  Just trying to let you know what life is like "back home".  To me, you have it pretty good.  When you get home, you will be quarantined.  Not because you might have the virus but because somebody else might.  

Thank you HotRoot for your comments. Yes, we do appreciate that our position does shield us from the situation back home. That’s partly the reason why we want to go home without hindrance, to share the burden being suffered there. Also to contribute. In UK all retired medical workers have been asked to return to work...my wife is one of those and really wants to do her bit. She cannot do that here.

• Like 1

Be content you're on the ship and virus free. It's a very different world here. I've never seen the store shelves so bare. It's affecting my budget. I had to spend more on groceries because I couldn't get the things I usually get. But no toilet paper or Kleenex available. Never thought I'd say I'll be thrilled to buy a package of TP!! 

Malls closed, restaurants closed, clinics are closing some locations, parks and beaches are now closed. Freeway traffic is less, and we have to stay home. But we have to do our part and we'll get through this. And the Coral will eventually dock and you all will get home. 

Have some fun and enjoy yourselves before you have to face all this stuff. 

🙂

Edited by onboard2005
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, lorri111 said:

We haven't had toilet paper in shops in Perth for a couple of weeks. When it does come in there are hordes waiting to pounce on it. Our shelves are now looking pretty grim. We have special hours for elderly and for emergency/health workers to shop. Now even purchasing of liquor is limited. We are on partial shut down and getting ready for possible full shutdown. We are not allowing cruise ships to disembark passengers without process as happened with the Ruby. Ships with no Aussies on board are now told to go elsewhere, and one ship arriving tomorrow in Perth (Fremantle) has Australians who will be quarantined on our Rottnest Island. I can't believe I was on the Coral to Antarctica in Jan/Feb, everything so different now. What a world we have now.

Hi,

We were so lucky to squeeze in that trip on the coral just before the virus really spread around the world. Things have sure changed since! Take care down under. 
Chris

9 minutes ago, gottagocit said:

Hi,

We were so lucky to squeeze in that trip on the coral just before the virus really spread around the world. Things have sure changed since! Take care down under. 
Chris

The holiday now seems like it happened in another lifetime, so much has changed. Luckily I have my constantly changing computer wallpaper slideshow of penguins and icebergs as a reminder!  Stay safe!

Thank you to everyone for your thoughts and messages, we really appreciate that you are following our progress. We know how difficult life has become in our respective home countries from reports we receive. 

A highlight coming up will be crossing the Equator, and the usual ceremony is being planned. A first for me at sea level (many times in the air!). 
Either Wichard or myself, or both, will be back here with updates, but currently on course from Fort Lauderdale arriving 4April or thereabouts. If nothing posted....nothing to report!!

From onboard Coral Princess.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

We have been following your voyage with great interest as we had booked this exact cruise for March 2021.  We were booked for the 31 day cruise from Santiago to FLL and the Coral was our favorite ship, having sailed on her to Alaska and the Panama Canal.  Sadly, we cancelled our reservation on the 13th.  We are 67 and 71 years old and as the world situation developed we realized that there would be no way that we would be comfortable doing this next year.  Last night we heard a prediction that by the fall the virus would be ramping up in South America.

We are thinking of you folks daily and wish all of you safe and smooth travel to your respective homes.  We’re happy that you got to enjoy at least some of the adventure.  We will have to content ourselves with viewing the wonderful photos of this itinerary that are on the Internet.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, lorri111 said:

The holiday now seems like it happened in another lifetime, so much has changed. Luckily I have my constantly changing computer wallpaper slideshow of penguins and icebergs as a reminder!  Stay safe!

We were also with you on the Coral in Jan/Feb.  Everyday we say how grateful and privileged we were to have had those adventures and have seen those sights.  In all we were traveling five weeks, in addition to the cruise, seven flights, five hotels, and about 25,000 miles with nary a sniffle--and now we waited in line this morning for toilet paper!

To those of you currently aboard the Coral--please try to relax enjoying walks in the fresh sea air and the camaraderie of a shared (mis)adventure.  You WILL get home and the world will have changed while you were at sea.

To all--Best Wishes and Stay Healthy!