Currently on Coral Princess ....

YWW

5 minutes ago, onboard2005 said:

The Celebrity Eclipse arrived in San Diego,  Ca yesterday with a severely sick woman on IV for bronchitis/pneumonia  (? COVID19). They reported that no one was I'll to port authorities.  When they arrived she required transport to the hospital. Tested positive COVID19.  Ship and port authorities haven't given any info or explanation. Local TV has verified the information.  They let thousands of people disembark. Someone is in trouble!

I hope someone is indeed in trouble over that.  Falsifying illness reports is a serious offense that puts everyone at risk.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bluesea321 said:

I hope someone is indeed in trouble over that.  Falsifying illness reports is a serious offense that puts everyone at risk.

It is a serious federal offense. 

So far no one is talking.

Local tv KUSI San Diego is following it.

But we're here to give moral support to our fellow cruisers on the Coral.

🙂🙂🙂🙂

Edited by onboard2005
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, onboard2005 said:

The Celebrity Eclipse arrived in San Diego,  Ca yesterday with a severely sick woman on IV for bronchitis/pneumonia  (? COVID19). They reported that no one was I'll to port authorities.  When they arrived she required transport to the hospital. Tested positive COVID19.  Ship and port authorities haven't given any info or explanation. Local TV has verified the information.  They let thousands of people disembark. Someone is in trouble!

Hope everything goes ok for you guys.

You're in our thoughts. Be very careful.

It is very surprising that they could make such a mistake especially now.

I wonder if this is really true or a miscommunication?

If this actually happened, there will be many upset people in the city, but many passengers will be extremely glad they escaped the ship without further delays.

If true, is this be better or worse than what happened in Sydney with the Ruby Princess?

The Crown docked today in FTL. They said on the news that there was one sick person but he was a worker on the ship. They took him to Broward General for medical care.

All day long Boward Commisioners, have been discussing letting the two HAL ships dock in FTL. The mayor and the governor does not want them because there are so many sick. The Sheriff and the Coast Guard said it had to be a Unified Command for permission to dock. I am not sure what that means.

I have an idea that it seems no one of these guys has thought of. Let them dock, have HAL send their medical people go on board not Broward County. The healthy people get off after temperture checks etc and get to the go home. The serious ill and the 4 dead off immediatley The rest stay on board and self isolate for 14 days untill all is good with them. 

I originally was against them docking cause I live here and FTL and Miami has the highest number of cases in the state BUT

bottom line is these are sick people and they need help and we are the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, somehow all these geniuses need to get a plan and help these poor souls

GOD BLESS EVERYEONE STILL ON SHIPS AND HOPE YOU MAKE IT HOME SAFE AND SOUND

Kathy

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, rabin1 said:

All day long Boward Commisioners, have been discussing letting the two HAL ships dock in FTL. The mayor and the governor does not want them because there are so many sick. The Sheriff and the Coast Guard said it had to be a Unified Command for permission to dock. I am not sure what that means.

I have an idea that it seems no one of these guys has thought of. Let them dock, have HAL send their medical people go on board not Broward County. The healthy people get off after temperture checks etc and get to the go home. The serious ill and the 4 dead off immediatley The rest stay on board and self isolate for 14 days untill all is good with them. 

For a description of the Unified Command at Port Everglades and a list of their expectations for HAL as of yesterday (it hasn't been updated following today's meeting) see https://www.porteverglades.net/zaandam-update/

Edited by capriccio

On 3/28/2020 at 1:49 PM, Shaver John said:

We were able to get off the Coral on March 19th and flew home from Buenos Aires on March 20th. I so wanted to do the equator crossing and kiss the fish, but we are so happy to be home and just enjoying this time together.

I'm amazed at how many people kiss that dang fish. What a way to pass along Noro and now C-19! Nope, nope, nope. Not gonna happen. We got certificates for crossing the Equator and then for crossing the Arctic Circle. We still haven't crossed the International Dateline. If we actually do cruise this winter we'll cross it both ways but in a plane so it won't be nearly as "special" as it would be on a cruise. November is still a long way off but I can't count on things being anywhere near the "normal" we had before.

Kathy-

I agree. These people on ships just want to get home now. No one wants to be out in this mess. Ports need to get a plan. Get the sick taken care of and figure out how to get the healthy home.

Edited by onboard2005
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bluesea321 said:

Conditions are getting bad for all involved and that did not help.  See the Fort Lauderdale Sun Sentinel article and specially the attached PDF from the Coast Guard which was published in the Miami Herald today.  The Coast Guard is telling ships to seek help in the country of their flag.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/coronavirus/fl-bz-another-ship-with-sick-onboard-heading-to-fort-lauderdale-20200331-2pok2ylw7vc33me5gmphmk5kha-story.html

Coast Guard.pdf 102.65 kB · 17 downloads

Yes that was in our paper today as the our area is growing with cases and as GMA this morning said it could become a major hot spot.  There are many cruise ships here already but I wouldn't want to worry those on board the Coral Princess.  

I just finished watching our local news.  Many options are being discussed. Some were docking and having chartered planes waiting on the tarmac to bring passengers home that are medically cleared.  Allowing florida passengers to drive home. Also perhaps the ships going into other areas where there are not so many cruise ships nor so many cases with testing just really beginning. 

I've found that sometimes what is printed isn't always the exact up to date information. It's been pulled from the Coast Guard website.

To those on the Coral Princess, please keep up the good spirits and wishing you a safe journey home. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rabin1 said:

The Crown docked today in FTL. They said on the news that there was one sick person but he was a worker on the ship. They took him to Broward General for medical care.

The CROWN has been devoid of passengers since Mar 16.  Had to be coming in for fuel and/or supplies.  Remains to be seen if COVID-19 I gather.  There was supposedly none on the ship when operations paused on 16th.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Yes that was in our paper today as the our area is growing with cases and as GMA this morning said it could become a major hot spot.  There are many cruise ships here already but I wouldn't want to worry those on board the Coral Princess.  

I just finished watching our local news.  Many options are being discussed. Some were docking and having chartered planes waiting on the tarmac to bring passengers home that are medically cleared.  Allowing florida passengers to drive home. Also perhaps the ships going into other areas where there are not so many cruise ships nor so many cases with testing just really beginning. 

I do not know if any of the passengers are from Texas, but Texas is now requiring anyone who flies in from Florida (and several other places around the USA) to self-isolate at home for two weeks.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, caribill said:

I do not know if any of the passengers are from Texas, but Texas is now requiring anyone who flies in from Florida (and several other places around the USA) to self-isolate at home for two weeks.

How is a self-isolate different from a Shelter in Place or Shelter at Home? (I want just 14 days instead of our 'until at least May')

6 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Naval Base Mayport would be perfect for this.

Secure area.

Deep water berthing for ships.

8000' runway at sea level.

Mike Pence came to Ft. Lauderdale and met with CLIA leaders.

He and President Trump then announced that cruise lines were important businesses that they wanted to help.

This is a way.

And, the old carnival airlines accidently landed in lantana, so they're experienced with short-field takeoffs...

10 hours ago, Thrak said:

I'm amazed at how many people kiss that dang fish. What a way to pass along Noro and now C-19! Nope, nope, nope. Not gonna happen. We got certificates for crossing the Equator and then for crossing the Arctic Circle. We still haven't crossed the International Dateline. If we actually do cruise this winter we'll cross it both ways but in a plane so it won't be nearly as "special" as it would be on a cruise. November is still a long way off but I can't count on things being anywhere near the "normal" we had before.

Do I remember correctly that you did the 28 day R/T from LA South Pacific cruise?  If you did then you should have crossed the Int'l date line.  There is no ceremony for that.

Good morning,

Captain’s update this morning: A few passengers were disembarked in Bridgetown who had medical conditions needing shoreside attention. Arrival in FL morning of 4th, Saturday. Apology for extended room service times (no surprise at that!).

Breakfast delivered this morning , hot and nearly complete. I’m thinking they are keeping it to one tray-full per cabin so this might lead to a few things missing.

My wife was woken at 03.30 by her phone notification that the service was coming from St Kitts (edit: should be St Lucia), so looked out and saw lights. 

We plan on playing Patience later, can’t wait!!!

Edited by pb_uk
place name change
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, dickinson said:

Do I remember correctly that you did the 28 day R/T from LA South Pacific cruise?  If you did then you should have crossed the Int'l date line.  There is no ceremony for that.

You only cross the dateline if the ship visits Samoa (not American Samoa). Some of the itineraries skip this port. We have crossed twice on board a vessel. There was no ceremony. We did receive certificates. One time the shops were selling T shirts indicating we repeated the same day. 

1 hour ago, pb_uk said:

Good morning,

Captain’s update this morning: A few passengers were disembarked in Bridgetown who had medical conditions needing shoreside attention. Arrival in FL morning of 4th, Saturday. Apology for extended room service times (no surprise at that!).

Breakfast delivered this morning , hot and nearly complete. I’m thinking they are keeping it to one tray-full per cabin so this might lead to a few things missing.

My wife was woken at 03.30 by her phone notification that the service was coming from St Kitts (edit: should be St Lucia), so looked out and saw lights. 

We plan on playing Patience later, can’t wait!!!

The crew is doing a terrific job!
And yet some people will still complain! Go figure!

Edited by suzyed

1 hour ago, dickinson said:

Because the port in Apia was still being worked on we skipped that port. The cruise changed and we missed crossing the dateline. The port had been under construction/repairs for a couple of years and Princess most likely knew we wouldn't be going there but, typical for Princess, that didn't stop them from listing it in the itinerary.

5 hours ago, Ombud said:

How is a self-isolate different from a Shelter in Place or Shelter at Home? (I want just 14 days instead of our 'until at least May')

Self isolate i believe means no shopping etc. Shelter at home means stay at home but you can do things like go shopping for groceries.

Friends of mine had to self isolate after flying back from Europe. It was stricter.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, suzyed said:

The crew is doing a terrific job!
And yet some people will still complain! Go figure!

I agree the crew has been great.  Our breakfast did not arrive until almost 11:00 but it was very good.  These are difficult circumstances for them and people need to realize things take time.  I sympathize with the passengers that spent 2 or more weeks in quarantine.  So I have a 628 page book on Sherlock Holmes to read.  The sun is starting to fill the balcony and it will become quit warm here so I will need to retreat inside.  

• Like 2

Just now, Wichard said:

I agree the crew has been great.  Our breakfast did not arrive until almost 11:00 but it was very good.  These are difficult circumstances for them and people need to realize things take time.  I sympathize with the passengers that spent 2 or more weeks in quarantine.  So I have a 628 page book on Sherlock Holmes to read.  The sun is starting to fill the balcony and it will become quit warm here so I will need to retreat inside.  

Wow, that was late! I’d  better not say when ours came - you’ll be jealous! What deck are you on? (I can work out which side).

I rang for some coffee at 10.15, and room service said they were still doing breakfast, and then go straight onto lunch, so couldn’t do refreshments.

But we’ve just had more bottled water delivered, so that’s good.

I fully endorse your comment about the crew, they are great.

Matt, the cruise director, has done an extended tv show which we will watch later.

• Like 2

Just now, pb_uk said:

Wow, that was late! I’d  better not say when ours came - you’ll be jealous! What deck are you on? (I can work out which side).

I rang for some coffee at 10.15, and room service said they were still doing breakfast, and then go straight onto lunch, so couldn’t do refreshments.

But we’ve just had more bottled water delivered, so that’s good.

I fully endorse your comment about the crew, they are great.

Matt, the cruise director, has done an extended tv show which we will watch later.

We are on the Aloha deck near the midship elevators.  This morning, Nancy was on the phone for almost an hour for room service to order some Diet Coke and water.  She finally got through and they said they could not deliver now but would be able to do so later.  She said fine no problem.  She needs to stay hydrated.  Maybe half hour ago a knock at the door announced the arrival of a large bottle of water.  I told her the Diet Coke would arrive later.  Just now another knock on the door and a tray with another two large bottles of water and 3 Diet Cokes arrived.  I thanked the waiter in his face mask and gloves.  It is a little strange but understandable to see the precautions they are taking to keep the crew and passenger safe.  

We just heard they are allowing the Zaandam to disembark in Florida so that is very encouraging for us.  I am very glad someone recalibrated the Governor.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

Because the port in Apia was still being worked on we skipped that port. The cruise changed and we missed crossing the dateline. The port had been under construction/repairs for a couple of years and Princess most likely knew we wouldn't be going there but, typical for Princess, that didn't stop them from listing it in the itinerary.

Sorry about that. Someone else said Samoa wasn’t on their cruise so they didn’t cross. I did it in 2016 and we went to both so we crossed. Ship didn’t make much of it.