Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

Have just watched an interesting vid on Youtube by an English chap by the name of Alfie.  He's some sort of officer and has been working on Princess ships including whilst they were floating around various areas during the pause.  He has some interesting news which you might be interested in.  Here's the vid ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rPJqFDNG-c

He also has some other interesting vids on his Youtube channel on life onboard during the pause.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LC1950 said:

Have just watched an interesting vid on Youtube by an English chap by the name of Alfie.  He's some sort of officer and has been working on Princess ships including whilst they were floating around various areas during the pause.  He has some interesting news which you might be interested in.  Here's the vid ....

He also has some other interesting vids on his Youtube channel on life onboard during the pause.

Yes good videos, seen a few on YT. Alfie is. Pom,2nd officer, so he does watch duties on the bridge. Alfie moving from Princess to P and O Straya, carnival switcheroo.

Edited by NSWP

6 minutes ago, LC1950 said:

Yes watched that earlier.  It was good to see him again because he is genuine.  His name is Alfie Smith and he was promoted to senior second officer on Coral Princess until he finally got home after more than 6 months onboard.  It will be interesting to see which ship he goes to although they are  still manning the ships with maintenance crew and a certain number of officers as legislated by law while in lay up.

Noticed the Pacific Encounter is off for a run at the moment outside Colombo and I think Explorer and Golden/Adventure are still off Singapore.

2 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I watched one of his videos six or more months ago where he was talking the camera around a deserted cruise ship - probably the Coral Princess. Which P&O ship has he said he is going to?

Said he would let us know in next video.

Video was posted 17 hours ago and he said it was late night and he was leaving the next morning.

If he is in the UK that would make the video at around 11.00pm Thursday and him departing  Friday morning.  He didn't actually say when he would be able to update us especially if he is travelling.  I imagine he's very busy.

I really do have too much time on my hands.  I spend far too much time surfing the internet.  Bring back cruising.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ondine said:

Video was posted 17 hours ago and he said it was late night and he was leaving the next morning.

If he is in the UK that would make the video at around 11.00pm Thursday and him departing  Friday morning.  He didn't actually say when he would be able to update us especially if he is travelling.  I imagine he's very busy.

I really do have too much time on my hands.  I spend far too much time surfing the internet.  Bring back cruising.

Alfie may have  a faceache page, he is staff capt and capt material in the next few years, mark my words.

Edited by NSWP

4 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

World dream and quantum of the seas in Singapore Friday night.

It’s 4 months since Singapore started cruises with world dream without any incident.

image.thumb.jpeg.7cfd69bdba63c66821a05202a21edd52.jpeg

Very short cruises though, weekends or 3 days. At least they are trying.

5 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I believe they are going to start a port call on a island in Malaysia.

True uncle Les
At least they are having a go and hopefully our federal government will have a go.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I believe they are going to start a port call on a island in Malaysia.

True uncle Les
At least they are having a go and hopefully our federal government will have a go.

The Singapore Govt would be strict on covid protocols, so they must be happy with cruise operations thus far, albeit with just Singaporean pax.

If it works there, it should be trialled here.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ondine said:

Yes watched that earlier.  It was good to see him again because he is genuine.  His name is Alfie Smith and he was promoted to senior second officer on Coral Princess until he finally got home after more than 6 months onboard.  It will be interesting to see which ship he goes to although they are  still manning the ships with maintenance crew and a certain number of officers as legislated by law while in lay up.

Noticed the Pacific Encounter is off for a run at the moment outside Colombo and I think Explorer and Golden/Adventure are still off Singapore.

Alfie would be on one of the above. As a senior 2nd officer he would be senior man on the bridge team on his watch, which has a minimum of two officers, 24/7, they stand 4 hr watches.

Edited by NSWP

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

The Singapore Govt would be strict on covid protocols, so they must be happy with cruise operations thus far, albeit with just Singaporean pax.

If it works there, it should be trialled here.

This article is an account of someone's experience of the Singapore cruises. 

A Covid-Free Cruise Takes Planning, but the Strip Show Goes On

33 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Interesting report, but booking a spot in the pool and theatre? No thanks.

I look at it this way - at least we would GET a seat in the theatre if we booked them 😉

Edited by Porky55
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ilikeanswers said:

Pool booking are certainly unique😁 but I thought theatre bookings were already becoming more common before Covid-19 🤔

Theatre bookings were never on Princess, first in best dressed and 2 performances a night. Nor on Cunard, HAL and P and O  UK, most of our cruises done with those lines.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Ondine said:

Just checked and Pacific Encounter has finished her holiday in Sri Lanka and is now well on her way back to Singapore to join her sisters.  I wish they would tell us what they are doing instead of sending me recipes for desserts and cocktails and emails on how to make towel animals.  Would it do any harm to give us a bit of info as to why she went to Korea and now recently Sri Lanka.  I don't want any state secrets.

2 hours ago, Ondine said:

Just checked and Pacific Encounter has finished her holiday in Sri Lanka and is now well on her way back to Singapore to join her sisters.  I wish they would tell us what they are doing instead of sending me recipes for desserts and cocktails and emails on how to make towel animals.  Would it do any harm to give us a bit of info as to why she went to Korea and now recently Sri Lanka.  I don't want any state secrets.

I think you could confidently say they where picking up crew.
What else could it be?

Don’t tell it was supplies, Singapore is the biggest transport hub in Asia.

What you can’t get in Singapore isn’t worth having.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I think you could confidently say they where picking up crew.
What else could it be?

Don’t tell it was supplies, Singapore is the biggest transport hub in Asia.

What you can’t get in Singapore isn’t worth having.

Unusual for Carnival Corp to employ Koreans and Sri Lankans across their fleets. So why did they go there? Maintenance i reckon.