When do you think Carnival will cruise again?

PhillyFan33579

3 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

You’re overly optimistic...... Nothing will be sailing in April or May. Carnival simply wants people to put cash deposits or full payments into their company. They will hold this cash to stay afloat and out of bankruptcy then offer no money back when they cancel, just offering a future cruise credit. This FCC promise isn’t worth the paper it’s printed on. Anyone putting cash into Carnival right now for cruises I’m the next three months is simply foolish. They should realize they are being taken. 

Well, I don't agree and I'm basing this on interaction I had with my PVP yesterday. My final payment was due this week (3/28) for June 27th. After I emailed my PVP just asking about options but not looking to cancel she moved my booking into an offer I didn't even know they had, and that was I do not have to make final payment until 30 days before my sailing. Plus she got me an additional $150.00 off each of my cabins and my $50.00 OBC for each cabin went to $100.00. So tell me, if they were just looking for fast cash on final payments/deposits would they give this offer? I don't think so. Yes, they still have my down payment of $396.00 but that's not much as I never make final payment until the due date. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, momof3cruisers said:

I was just on the Carnival site and I couldn’t choose either April or May for Carribean cruises.

I was on the site last night and was unable to book a cruise to the Caribbean on Carnival all past September even. 

2 minutes ago, stvntra said:

I was on the site last night and was unable to book a cruise to the Caribbean on Carnival all past September even. 

May was open last night, not sure what site you were on.  

Edited by jimbo5544
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, stvntra said:

7 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Carnival is still happily accepting reservations and collecting payment for May. If you can go, well, that’s another question.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Literally I was on the carnival website - I never look at other websites for a cruise and go directly to their specific websites to book (or through my Carnival TA).  I saw a post above that someone said the website had been having glitches including that particular issue and that there had been 3 others mention it prior, so maybe it has now been fixed since then, not sure?

8 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

You’re overly optimistic...... Nothing will be sailing in April or May. Carnival simply wants people to put cash deposits or full payments into their company. They will hold this cash to stay afloat and out of bankruptcy then offer no money back when they cancel, just offering a future cruise credit. This FCC promise isn’t worth the paper it’s printed on. Anyone putting cash into Carnival right now for cruises I’m the next three months is simply foolish. They should realize they are being taken. 

Agreed. This is exactly what is going on here.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, outdoors27 said:

Well, I don't agree and I'm basing this on interaction I had with my PVP yesterday. My final payment was due this week (3/28) for June 27th. After I emailed my PVP just asking about options but not looking to cancel she moved my booking into an offer I didn't even know they had, and that was I do not have to make final payment until 30 days before my sailing. Plus she got me an additional $150.00 off each of my cabins and my $50.00 OBC for each cabin went to $100.00. So tell me, if they were just looking for fast cash on final payments/deposits would they give this offer? I don't think so. Yes, they still have my down payment of $396.00 but that's not much as I never make final payment until the due date. 

Sounds like you had a PVP who values your business to said PVP and wants to retain you for future bookings.

I’d chalk this one up to a special favor from a nice person — not the company.

Edited by xDisconnections

Best guess, with everything going well, maybe late August, early September, but I would not be surprised if it goes much later.  All depends on the response of the people who know nothing... and to the experts who have studied this stuff for a lifetime and the politicians and/or leaders recognizing expertise. 

1 hour ago, xDisconnections said:

Sounds like you had a PVP who values your business to said PVP and wants to retain you for future bookings.

I’d chalk this one up to a special favor from a nice person — not the company.

Nope, I just got the same thing by filling out the Price Protection form online. Dropped my cruise fare by $40, raised our $50 OBC to $100, and extended our final payment to 30 days prior to sailing. Other are talking about this over on another thread - it's an Early Saver offer.

3 minutes ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

Nope, I just got the same thing by filling out the Price Protection form online. Dropped my cruise fare by $40, raised our $50 OBC to $100, and extended our final payment to 30 days prior to sailing. Other are talking about this over on another thread - it's an Early Saver offer.

Although a public offer, previous poster was not aware it existed. 

Just now, xDisconnections said:

Although a public offer, previous poster was not aware it existed. 

I'm not sure what difference that makes. I responded to the statement that it was probably just "a special favor from a nice person." Instead, it is a public offer that anyone booked with an ES rate can get. That's my point.

• Like 3

I just got an email from MSC CEO that they are cancelling all cruises until April 30th.  I expect they will all do this.  Worrying more and more about my June 19th Fjords cruise.  Was able to get my final payment pushed back to 30 days and I bought insurance so not worried about the cruise, but more my airfare.   I only get future credit for my ~$5k worth of international business class airfare if I cancel with United.  I already have a $685 credit with United for my canceled airfare for the Master's.  Guess I will be flying somewhere....

14 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

I got an email from Delta stating they are extending their waiver of change fees through May.  I think it's just a matter of time before all April cruises are cancelled.  Hopefully, things will be much better by June.

Interestingly, we got an email from NCL saying they are planning to sail 4/12.  Guess Carnival is not the only bad guy.... 

I have a feeling that July is the best guess for cruises and anything else to start settling down and returning to normal.

I have 3 concerts in August that I really dont want to miss! Need some positive fun after all this! Been bad enough missing our April cruise!

3 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Interestingly, we got an email from NCL saying they are planning to sail 4/12.  Guess Carnival is not the only bad guy.... 

I heard their ships were sailing at 100% and all the cancellations in Asia caused their hold times to skyrocket without anyone cancelling. Glad they’re still planning to sail on April 12 😉 

• Haha 1

On 3/21/2020 at 10:16 AM, bahacca said:

This is why I'm biding my time deciding if I want fcc or money back. I have until Dec. to decide, and, depending how things go, we may sail again or we may need that money back for living expenses.

Similar here - our cruise is booked for Nov 30-Dec 4, I'm just holding on for now. 

We are only going going to see things get worse over the next month. I don’t see sailings open through 2020. It’s only my opinion. My husband is an emergency room physician so I have been privy to conference calls. This is such a catastrophe. Hoping you all are safe and have everything you need.

Edited by tcha
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

This would somewhat coincide with Trumps statement over the weekend that the prevention can't be worse than the virus itself.  He said he will take a hard look at the end of the 15 day quarantine (in about a week) to see if lifting restrictions makes sense.  I would still be surprised if April sailings occur TBH.  

Several hotels in Galveston cancelled some on my roll call in april. Said port was shutting down. One said they will reopen in june.

I got another booking jan 2nd and priced jan 1st, super 8 wants 340 a night ha. I got a members special price on a better hotel for a more 549 a night.

Prices of cruises and hotels in the future seem sky high to me. I thought january in Galveston was off season.