P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

56 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Euro final tickets just released, son had 3 tickets in his basket but decided not to buy as the cheapest tickets which he had selected are £595 each. Ridiculous.

How much!!

2 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Exactly, I said to him was that for all 3 tickets and no it was each!!

I treated us to tickets to Anfield with a very nice meal included at Aintree racecourse and transport to the ground and back for less than that!

• Like 1

Lovely Graham.  Looks like you are doing the same as us and ‘holidaying from home’ - a genuine staycation.

Himself met a friend for coffee & cake this morning and we walked along the river to our favourite local hostelry for a late lunch/early supper.  Just back in time  to watch the TV cricket.  Chicken & bacon pie for me today.  Very nice and light and I didn’t have to shop, cook, plate up or wash up - just eat!  And we got our 10000 steps in

The local swan family have five babes this year.  Here they are in a rather cool looking pic

72B9F422-9CE1-4FEF-81A4-6A9522D9D3E6.thumb.jpeg.69cf45939843a6caebcdd3948a80405c.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Lovely pictures of you graham and Pauline in sunshine and all your fish and chips lunches are all looking yummy, but I know you don’t have to wear face mask out but looking in your background in the pictures I don’t see anyone wearing them at all !! It must be pretty relaxed up around your way but down here in the south or our local towns most people are still wearing mask outside you only get the old couple that are not and even in London everyone was wearing them outside, just very surprised to see that .

Glad your getting out visiting and Pauline doing some retail therapy, loved her shoes she brought the other week .

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Morning all, pleased to see the sun today, a miserable week of weather this week in my corner of the country.

Trying to get my clothes together yesterday for my holiday , I did quite a bit of ironing but didn’t really decide definitely what to take. So hard to pack for an English summer holiday! I find it easier to pack for off season breaks!

Really enjoyed those two football matches the other day and of course the England one. I also watched the last hour of Andy Murray yesterday, thrilling stuff!

Hope your packing is going to plan now sue and when you do go have a lovely holiday 🌞

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Lovely pictures of you graham and Pauline in sunshine and all your fish and chips lunches are all looking yummy, but I know you don’t have to wear face mask out but looking in your background in the pictures I don’t see anyone wearing them at all !! It must be pretty relaxed up around your way but down here in the south or our local towns most people are still wearing mask outside you only get the old couple that are not and even in London everyone was wearing them outside, just very surprised to see that .

Glad your getting out visiting and Pauline doing some retail therapy, loved her shoes she brought the other week .

Been away for a few days in East Anglia.  Everyone wearing masks indoors, but not outdoors,  and indeed,  why should you?  

• Like 5

Morning all hope you are all well.:classic_smile:
Some days are Quiet and some are busy and todays a busy one for me ,dentist again !

So I will try and brighten the day with ....
The school phoned me today and said, "Your son's has been telling lies."
 I said, "Tell him, he's bloody good. I don't have any kids”  Then all hell let loose !

The police were out in force again . Old Fred said "a man had been shooting a starting

pistol at passers by" I think they are treating the offence as race related. :classic_unsure:

It all happens around our way .My friend Barry called me today, he looked visibly upset.

He said " last night he just slept with his third cousin." I told him "if it upsets you so much,

to stop counting them." :classic_biggrin: I had a pen friend once , a Dutch girl with inflatable shoes , 
I was hoping to meet up sometime soon but unfortunately she’d popped her clogs.”:classic_unsure:
I just know todays going to be one of those strange day's  today... On the way 
out of our paper shop I found a hat full of money in the  street, then I was chased by an

angry man with a guitar!  Things can only get better and I hope you all have a excellent day ..

Take care , be happy and stay safe .:classic_love:

• Like 10
  • Haha 2

Morning

I’m off to London today and I’ve surprised myself by waking up feeling a little nervous this morning. We haven’t got any restaurants booked so I think it’s going to be an ice creams in the park kind of day 😊 

Good luck at the dentist Kalos

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Morning

I’m off to London today and I’ve surprised myself by waking up feeling a little nervous this morning. We haven’t got any restaurants booked so I think it’s going to be an ice creams in the park kind of day 😊 

Have a good day in that London. Us country folk can act out being Dick Whittington.🤣

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

I’m down south, don’t wear mask outside but then I don’t go into any big towns or anywhere crowded. Do keep my distance. 

Edited by Gettingwarmer

11 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Thank you.

Nearly everyone is wearing masks indoors which is a good thing.

In convenience stores where my sales calls are hardly anyone is wearing masks and why I rarely do any calls now.

17°C and sunny this morning.

Graham.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kalos said:

Morning all hope you are all well.:classic_smile:
Some days are Quiet and some are busy and todays a busy one for me ,dentist again !

So I will try and brighten the day with ....
The school phoned me today and said, "Your son's has been telling lies."
 I said, "Tell him, he's bloody good. I don't have any kids”  Then all hell let loose !

The police were out in force again . Old Fred said "a man had been shooting a starting

pistol at passers by" I think they are treating the offence as race related. :classic_unsure:

It all happens around our way .My friend Barry called me today, he looked visibly upset.

He said " last night he just slept with his third cousin." I told him "if it upsets you so much,

to stop counting them." :classic_biggrin: I had a pen friend once , a Dutch girl with inflatable shoes , 
I was hoping to meet up sometime soon but unfortunately she’d popped her clogs.”:classic_unsure:
I just know todays going to be one of those strange day's  today... On the way 
out of our paper shop I found a hat full of money in the  street, then I was chased by an

angry man with a guitar!  Things can only get better and I hope you all have a excellent day ..

Take care , be happy and stay safe .:classic_love:

Take care and stay safe at the Dentist today Kalos.

Graham

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Take care and stay safe at the Dentist today Kalos.

Graham

Missed you by one day again Graham, we were in York on Wednesday and went past were you had lunch, good choice.

We sometimes lunch in Lucias cafe and wine bar on Swinegate.

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

Missed you by one day again Graham, we were in York on Wednesday and went past were you had lunch, good choice.

We sometimes lunch in Lucias cafe and wine bar on Swinegate.

That's a shame it would have been nice to say hello to you.

There was a busker on the corner who was absolutely excellent and he had a massive crowd around him.

We parked in the Tower car park opposite the Hilton.

Pauline went into Fenwick's first and I sat in the square with a coffee while she was inside.

2 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Morning

Have a great day in London I’m sure you will and if you’re anywhere near green park in Mayfair go and see the wooden elephants on display, really lovely, and don’t worry about booking restaurants many people had not booked the ones we visited and it’s not really busy like normally, have a lovely day 🌞

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Morning

Have a safe trip.  Enjoy it as you think best.  A change of scene is a bit of a boost … so enjoy the dentist, Kalos! 🦷 

If the forecasts are correct this is our last totally dry day for a while (shame for people arriving here for their holiday tomorrow) so we’ve done the early dog walk and shall soon be setting off for a walk over the fields to a classy sort of country pub for a long indulgent lunch.  Hope they’ve moved the skittish young beef stock who were in one of the fields when we last walked the footpath.  They were far too interested in the little dog 😬

Enjoy your day, everyone, even kalos 🙂

Edited by Eddie99
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Purdey16 said:

Have a great day in London I’m sure you will and if you’re anywhere near green park in Mayfair go and see the wooden elephants on display, really lovely, and don’t worry about booking restaurants many people had not booked the ones we visited and it’s not really busy like normally, have a lovely day 🌞

Thanks, yes we’re going to Victoria, Green Park, Piccadilly, St James’s Park etc. On the train now, quite a few groups with no masks on 🥴

• Like 1