P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

13 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

It’s also my birthday today, we’re in Athens on the Arcadia cruise. My wife gets her first state pension paid into her account today, so a double celebration!

All together now ..🎶 xronia polla ..🎶  to you 😀😀🎂

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

It’s also my birthday today, we’re in Athens on the Arcadia cruise. My wife gets her first state pension paid into her account today, so a double celebration!

Happy Birthday!! Hope you are having a lovely cruise 

Michelle

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, wowzz said:

Having a new gas boiler (Worcester Bosch) installed today to replace our five year old Baxi,  which has been playing up. And, obviously, since we ordered the new boiler,  the Baxi has performed impeccably !

For the price we are paying, the new boiler had better last longer than I will !  

I had a new WB boiler a few weeks ago. I cannot believe how much quieter it is and I’m hoping more economic. The old Glo-Worm that was here when I moved in was only 8 years old when it completely died!

1 hour ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Adding a Happy Birthday wish from me too! Hope you're having a great time.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Happy birthday to you too! What a lovely place for you to be celebrating it 🥂🎂🎈🥂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just been announced that we will not be stopping in Mykonos as planned on Arcadia tomorrow due to forecast high winds. The plan is to make straight to Rhodes, which was our next stop , arriving tomorrow afternoon and staying overnight and the next day. We had an excursion booked for tomorrow but no great loss.

Thank you everyone for my birthday wishes🥂🎂 Going to the Ocean Grill this evening fingers crossed it’s a good one .

• Like 3

6 hours ago, wowzz said:

Having a new gas boiler (Worcester Bosch) installed today to replace our five year old Baxi,  which has been playing up. And, obviously, since we ordered the new boiler,  the Baxi has performed impeccably !

For the price we are paying, the new boiler had better last longer than I will !  

OMG, thanks for reminding me, my Worcester Bosch has not been serviced since the start of the 'disease'. Problem is the waiting times for service is many months.

6 minutes ago, davecttr said:

OMG, thanks for reminding me, my Worcester Bosch has not been serviced since the start of the 'disease'. Problem is the waiting times for service is many months.

Happy to be of service.

Ours was installed by an independent fitter, and his lead time is only a week or so. Does the waiting time relate  to a WB service ? You don't have to use them. 

7 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Five years? That’s a shockingly short life!  There seem to be three particularly good boilers, and WB is one of them, and I’m guessing you’ve opted for the 10 year warranty, so I doubt you’ll regret the extra cost.

Ours is now coming up for 17 years old, condensing too, so it’s done remarkably well given that they were saying back in 2006 that condensing boilers would only last 10 years!  It did have quite a lot of its insides replaced three years ago though, and it’s not going to last forever. No hesitation whatever though in getting another WB. At some point maybe a heat pump, but certainly not yet.

We had our 16 year old boiler replaced with a WM Greenstar in May, noticeably quieter and gas usage was down on same period last year, so certainly more efficient than the old one. 

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Happy to be of service.

Ours was installed by an independent fitter, and his lead time is only a week or so. Does the waiting time relate  to a WB service ? You don't have to use them. 

Our WB is under a service plan with our independent fitter, lead time on service is usually a week.

In and out of rain showers today, planting shallots and garlic for next year. Plus harvesting the last of this year’s tomatoes, squashes and chillies…..pots of chutneys next!

And looking at excursions for next year’s cruises in case something grabs me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

I wouldn't worry too much Dave.Modern boilers don't need servicing in the old way ie. flue brushes and loads of mess.Just flue gases readings and visual inspections.Main thing is to have a service plan in place to cover breakdowns.