P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 minute ago, zap99 said:

Our gas is £104 and electricity £167. 

Taken from my last bill ...

Your estimated annual cost £884.77 a year for electricity £1470.32 a year for gas This is an estimate based on your expected annual energy usage, and your current tariff rates, charges and discounts, including VAT.

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

Avril, that seems exorbitant. 

Our monthly standing order is £35 per month, which will incease to just over £50 from November. That is for basically for the same appliances as you, but two freezers, and using a tumble dryer twice a week or so in the winter. 

However our hot water is gas heated, which could explain some of the differential, but it still seems a high figure. 

There are 4 of us wowzz so the shower, washer and cooking  is obviously double, and they do pay towards the bill. Your gas water heater will make a difference as mine is heated with the solid fuel. It's been about 15 years since I had a monthly bill as low as yours.  Do you have gas central heating?

Avril

3 minutes ago, kalos said:

Taken from my last bill ...

Your estimated annual cost £884.77 a year for electricity £1470.32 a year for gas This is an estimate based on your expected annual energy usage, and your current tariff rates, charges and discounts, including VAT.

A bargain.🤣

9 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Our gas is £104 and electricity £167. 

Our last electricity bill, September, was £136.

This latest one, but only 26 days, was £133 before the £66 discount.

After what I was expecting, I'll take it.

Avril

52 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

I can’t seem to get rid of the box from presto above!!

Lovely day here in Rhodes today mid twenties and sunny, it’s a lovely town. We sail on to Crete overnight when we will have a full day on 4x4 trip exploring the island and sampling various delicacies (and feeding some goats)

5EACEE60-5874-4E91-9D82-901B32F297A6.thumb.jpeg.c40a6d2ddb3db6832a586cfdc9ffda68.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

Just seen that you had edited this one ---- tell Charlie thank you ---- must have been hard to write that one 🙂 

It’s amazing how he can type so well. Maybe he intended to say something entirely different. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Yes we do. Currently paying £100 pcm, but expecting that to double this winter.

I would think that your total gas and electricity versus my electricity and solid fuel costs would be much the same if either of us had the time or inclination to work out😁

However, as long as they are paid, I'm content.

Avril

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

To be ramped up in due course

I must admit that I don't get to excited about energy prices, but we are trying to cut down a bit on consumption.  21oC today, the heating can stay off.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Presto2 said:

This made me smile --- we are off to a Brewers Fayre for a snack lunch at today too ------ not sure if the photos will be too exciting enough to publish though! Will raise a glass to you 😉 

Happy birthday Presto,I forgot we share the same day.Brewers Fayre and Beafeaters are the only ones that allow our 3 year old grandaughter to eat after 6.But still a good deal.

• Like 1