P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Morning everyone. I wonder how many are still unable to log in to post - quite a few, I’m guessing.

iPad working for me only by bypassing the built in browser and using Chrome.

This site does seem to have extraordinarily frequent and protracted access and login difficulties.  Obviously a prime target for Putin, though the prospect of up to a week without power if he pulls that off is a lot more concerning!

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

It is looking promising here at the moment after heavy rain overnight. I struggled to get on yesterday afternoon, the site kept telling me the password I have logged in with  for over 10 years was wrong. But here now, so onward and upward.

Oh  a new avatar Phil, dare I ask have you been messing with the Botox or is that really a pig with dentures 😉  😊  :classic_unsure: 

• Haha 3

I’m back too! Scary moment there 😱. @grapau27 always a hard day, but enjoy the happy memories you will have today no doubt you’ll play a bit of the music he liked & bring out some photos. 20 years for my dad next February 14 th. 
Today is 32 years since dh & I first date, he took me to see Ghost. He picked me up in his rickety mini van, we had to stop half way so he could mend the heater, I e put the hose back under the bonnet! I was a bit shocked as we met at the local Ford dealership at the launch of the new XR2 & I thought he drove a new car! 🤣 Some years of many minis & passing  spanner’s, we’re still together, no mini now though. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Luxury first date!

I was taken to Highbury to watch Arsenal play Glasgow Rangers in a pre-season friendly.  ️ Might have been friendly on the pitch - not so on the terraces.  Bottles and other missiles flew overhead as my beau tried to shield me from the violence and guided me out to safety!  55 years ago, we’re still here, and still prefer rugby to footie 😉

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Luxury first date!

I was taken to Highbury to watch Arsenal play Glasgow Rangers in a pre-season friendly.  ️ Might have been friendly on the pitch - not so on the terraces.  Bottles and other missiles flew overhead as my beau tried to shield me from the violence and guided me out to safety!  55 years ago, we’re still here, and still prefer rugby to footie 😉

Wow ! Just as good it only a friendly :classic_unsure:

A soccer hooligan appears before a judge.

He was charged with disorderly conduct and assault after a match.

The arresting police officer states that the accused was caught throwing something into the river not far from the football stadium.
“What exactly did the accused throw into the river?” the judge asks.
“ It was Stones, sir,” the officer replies.
The judge looking  confused asks. “Well, that’s hardly an offense, officer.”
“It was in this case, sir,” said the officer. “Stones was the name of the referee.”😲😉

• Haha 10

2 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Morning everyone. I wonder how many are still unable to log in to post - quite a few, I’m guessing.

iPad working for me only by bypassing the built in browser and using Chrome.

This site does seem to have extraordinarily frequent and protracted access and login difficulties.  Obviously a prime target for Putin, though the prospect of up to a week without power if he pulls that off is a lot more concerning!

Didn't really notice it. Wedding anniversary yesterday. 47 years. I thought looking at the phone in the restaurant, or taking pictures of the food was probably not a good Idea. 

• Like 9

Congrats for yesterday 😊 47 years !  Our next door neighbour has also been married 47

years . When she shouts him into the house from the garden shed , he always replies ..

"Coming my love /petal /babes " or words to that effect .

I told him that I thought it was great after all those years ,he showed her such affection 

and asked him what was the secret ? 

" It's been that long I've forgot what her name is "😉

Roll on year 48 and many more !:classic_love:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, kalos said:

Congrats for yesterday 😊 47 years !  Our next door neighbour has also been married 47

years . When she shouts him into the house from the garden shed , he always replies ..

"Coming my love /petal /babes " or words to that effect .

I told him that I thought it was great after all those years ,he showed her such affection 

and asked him what was the secret ? 

" It's been that long I've forgot what her name is "😉

Roll on year 48 and many more !:classic_love:

One of our neighbours planted some ivy to grow up the house. Why you doing that?. Helps me remember the wife's name.

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, Caullkhead said:

I’m back too! Scary moment there 😱. @grapau27 always a hard day, but enjoy the happy memories you will have today no doubt you’ll play a bit of the music he liked & bring out some photos. 20 years for my dad next February 14 th. 
Today is 32 years since dh & I first date, he took me to see Ghost. He picked me up in his rickety mini van, we had to stop half way so he could mend the heater, I e put the hose back under the bonnet! I was a bit shocked as we met at the local Ford dealership at the launch of the new XR2 & I thought he drove a new car! 🤣 Some years of many minis & passing  spanner’s, we’re still together, no mini now though. 

We went to the memoriam room at the crematorium this morning to leave a message in the book and to see my late mam's memory in the memorial books.

This photo is outside the memoriam room.

IMG_20221102_101713.jpg

• Like 8

Morning everyone (just!), only just been able to log back in again.

Hope everyone is ok today. Just collected dog from the groomers and booked her Christmas appointment. 

Forecast to get very windy here shortly so going to take dogs out for walkies soon.

Congratulations for those who have been celebrating Anniversaries.

Graham, happy and sad memories today for you I expect.

Take care everyone 

Michelle

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sorry to hijack your personal thread, however regarding yesterday's outage did anyone else get diverted to an authorisation company used by CC, Auth.o?  Having been promoted to enter my email address and password I now apparently have an account with this company from that link and are being asked to authenticate it despite not wanting it.  Attempts to contact Auth.o have to date failed apart from a form to send to sales.  I have asked CC to assist but have an email saying they're very busy!

Any offer of what to do much appreciated.

12 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Sorry to hijack your personal thread, however regarding yesterday's outage did anyone else get diverted to an authorisation company used by CC, Auth.o?  Having been promoted to enter my email address and password I now apparently have an account with this company from that link and are being asked to authenticate it despite not wanting it.  Attempts to contact Auth.o have to date failed apart from a form to send to sales.  I have asked CC to assist but have an email saying they're very busy!

I got as far as entering the email and password page, and then bailed out ! As long as you haven't given them any personal details, (I'm sure you haven't) I think you can just ignore them. 

But, I would delete the app from your appliance,  if you installed it.

As I said yesterday, a thoroughly unprofessional update from CC.

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I got as far as entering the email and password page, and then bailed out ! As long as you haven't given them any personal details, (I'm sure you haven't) I think you can just ignore them. 

But, I would delete the app from your appliance,  if you installed it.

As I said yesterday, a thoroughly unprofessional update from CC.

I haven't got the app, I don't use them.  However they have all my details as it linked from my Google account! I apparently have 28 days free and then will be invoiced!!!!

2 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

I haven't got the app, I don't use them.  However they have all my details as it linked from my Google account! I apparently have 28 days free and then will be invoiced!!!!

Hopefully you haven't linked your Google account to a credit card .

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Hopefully you haven't linked your Google account to a credit card .

Same as you Wowzz was in doubt so I also bailed out.

As for Mega , I wouldn't worry about it (annoying as it is) providing they have not got 

your bank details ,address.  I would wait it out and see if they actually do try to invoice you .

or simply block their e-mail ,if you have it .

Be nice for Cruise Critic to put another Info bar at the top of the pages ,instructing  how to 

opt out of yesterdays mess that after all was caused by them not shutting the site off until 

ready for public use .

ps Do not  authenticate it then you don't have it .

Edited by kalos
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

I followed the link from CC, asked me for my user name, email & tel no. Nothing requested for bank details. 

I was able to log back in later through Google 

Michelle

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

I followed the link from CC, asked me for my user name, email & tel no. Nothing requested for bank details. 

I was able to log back in later through Google 

Michelle

Did you give them your telephone number ? Cc have no need for that.

5 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Do you think this was some sort of scam? I tried to change the password and it accepted it but still no access until late last night. i think i will try the old password.

I don’t know but just in case I will be keeping a close eye on my bank account transactions & credit card

Michelle

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The update is same as Dave's where once logged out ,it takes me to the Community page

where I have to select from all the sites pages . It does not stay on the P&O page anymore.

I have to select P&O UK if I want to return . Nor does it remember my user name but 

that's no big deal. I have to fill in the blank password box .

Everything works as before but should I log out, I am taken back to the Community page.