P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 minute ago, brian1 said:

We're going to Warners for 4 days over Christmas.All crises solved.

Lovely... candle lit dinners and the turkey toasted over the flame like we used to do with marshmallows in the power cuts in the 'good old days'... performers singling acapella or only with acoustic instruments... so evocative.... and the show-lounge lit by hundreds of phone-torches... just breath-taking.... in the frosty air!

But seriously... no need to worry they all have emergency power supplies and so hope you have a great break... we did the last time we visited. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, twotravellersLondon said:

Lovely... candle lit dinners and the turkey toasted over the flame like we used to do with marshmallows in the power cuts in the 'good old days'... performers singling acapella or only with acoustic instruments... so evocative.... and the show-lounge lit by hundreds of phone-torches... just breath-taking.... in the frosty air!

But seriously... no need to worry they all have emergency power supplies and so hope you have a great break... we did the last time we visited. 

I could always dig out my old work genny out of the shed.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

If I has never done so, this picture wouldn’t tempt me to start cruising 😬

What about you?

05E945B5-777F-4688-B606-FEF298F38DC7.thumb.jpeg.ef4975df75e90418f01d9df06531a079.jpeg

Those guys at Fisher Price are so innovative.Have to get one for our grandson.

• Haha 5

Oh shucks - that’s the second time I’ve inadvertently posted a pic Graham posted first.  Ho hum - I don’t suppose he’ll be bothered, but I’ll apologise anyway.  I found the pic on Twitter, hadn’t seen it here

It’s hard work taking part in social media.  It’s kinda all or nothing - do it part time & you end up embarrassed 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

Morning everyone on this cool wet miserable Bonfire Night😐

I actually prefer the night before mischievous night but I'm far too old to go knocking on 

peoples doors and running away .I  leave that to parcel force guy.

What I do requires little effort , I phone up a few BW hotels and when they answer " Best Western " I say John Wayne True Grit " and hang up .😉

I'm not bothering with any fire works this year , last year I watched them on our TV. 

Thinking about it it would have been better ,if I had took them outside to light them .

Whatever you do stay safe and take care .😊

firework-kid.gif.f66ed132be07535e4ed400d8ac0ae894.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

58 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

If I has never done so, this picture wouldn’t tempt me to start cruising 😬

What about you?

05E945B5-777F-4688-B606-FEF298F38DC7.thumb.jpeg.ef4975df75e90418f01d9df06531a079.jpeg

I saw that same image on FB earlier today with the comment that the poster’s son had described it as looking like ‘human lasagne’.  I can’t better that!

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

We're going to Warners for 4 days over Christmas.All crises solved.

We are currently at a Warners on IOW and even just the bathroom’s towel rail keeps the room too warm for me (and this is a very rare event) so we have had the windows open.  Sure you’ll be toasty at least!  Oh, and we arrived yesterday and was bemused to see it decked out with Christmas decorations, but apparently their first Turkey and Tinsel event had just ended.  Who knew 😄😄

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

We are currently at a Warners on IOW and even just the bathroom’s towel rail keeps the room too warm for me (and this is a very rare event) so we have had the windows open.  Sure you’ll be toasty at least!  Oh, and we arrived yesterday and was bemused to see it decked out with Christmas decorations, but apparently their first Turkey and Tinsel event had just ended.  Who knew 😄😄

We are off to Littlecote in 3 weeks.  Christmas decorations had better blooming well be up. Only the John Lewis advert to go. Ho ho 😶🎅

Edited by zap99
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

We are off to Littlecote in 3 weeks.  Christmas decorations had better blooming well be up. Only the John Lewis advert to go. Ho ho 😶🎅

We're at Gunton Hall over the xmas period.A first for us.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Oh shucks - that’s the second time I’ve inadvertently posted a pic Graham posted first.  Ho hum - I don’t suppose he’ll be bothered, but I’ll apologise anyway.  I found the pic on Twitter, hadn’t seen it here

It’s hard work taking part in social media.  It’s kinda all or nothing - do it part time & you end up embarrassed 🙂

Thank you but I don't mind at all.

The fireworks have been going off all night around here tonight.

Graham.

8 hours ago, purplesea said:

I spent another evening at work yesterday with Christmas songs playing and I expect it will be the same tonight!  

It's my daughter's birthday today, but we had a surprise party for her last week.

Happy birthday to your dear daughter Pam.

98A89CFC-4E2D-43FB-9727-12DBCD01770C.jpeg.fe4ce792e3b1f28a21a73e03e616a64e.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

We will be spending 4 days next week at Warner’s in Nottinghamshire. Not sure whether it is Turkey and Tinsel (hopefully not because it is only November) but good to know it will be warm. 

• Like 3