P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Dermotsgirl said:

We’re staying at Warner’s Bembridge on the Isle of Wight for the next week.  I’d post a couple of photos, but they are upside down 😞

The ferry crossing was nice, it’s so good to be on the water again

Love it there. On a sunny day you could imagine you are in the south of France... Enjoy.

• Like 2

Premium Bonds - a quick question:

This month (May) my winnings have not been paid into the nominated bank account, plus I have not been notified by email; normally it's paid in on about the 10th of the month. 

Gather from reading various press reports that NS&I are in a muddle - is that the reason, or have they singled me out, lol?😂 Has anyone had their prizes paid in  this month?

Edited by AnnieC
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

We’re staying at Warner’s Bembridge on the Isle of Wight for the next week.  I’d post a couple of photos, but they are upside down 😞

We've been looking at that hotel so I would be very interested in your opinion if you wouldn't mind.

Avril

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AnnieC said:

This month (May) my winnings have not been paid into the nominated bank account, plus I have not been notified by email; normally it's paid in on about the 10th of the month. 

Gather from reading various press reports that NS&I are in a muddle - is that the reason, or have they singled me out, lol?😂 Has anyone had their prizes paid in  this month?

Yes, mail received and money in bank. Very small amount but every little helps!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

We've been looking at that hotel so I would be very interested in your opinion if you wouldn't mind.

Avril

We have been there a few times Avril. It's pretty good, but worth spending a bit extra for a sea view. You can watch the cruise ships pass. Picture is an old police car in front of mine. It was the last sailing of that ferry before they flogged it to Italy.

IMG_20190125_120613.jpg

• Like 4

12 hours ago, AnnieC said:

Yes ours were paid in on the 10th.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AnnieC said:

My winnings have been reinvested as expected.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, zap99 said:

We have been there a few times Avril. It's pretty good, but worth spending a bit extra for a sea view. You can watch the cruise ships pass. 

We always choose a sea view hotel room, if there is one of course.☺️

Avril

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

I hope you manage to get away Avril, you and Frank have been through a fair bit over the

last few years . We also choose sea views and if at all possible avoid places that haven't

got them , such as hotels in the peak district  .🙃

Edited by kalos
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Hello @Dermotsgirl.

Sometimes I get a photo which is on its side.

If you press the 3 dots above more (android phone) you have the option to rotate your photo until it is the right way up.

Screenshot_20230516_111409_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Here are a few photos taken from my balcony there on my last trip (as usual, this strange site has turned some upside down). Bembridge Village is a lovely little place and there are so many other nice places very nearby like St Helens Duver and Seaview, where there is a nice seafront pub and several cafés.

My first stop after leaving the ferry at Fishbourne is Quarr Abbey where they have a nice café for lunch or tea and cake. It's only five minutes or so from Fishbourne.

20220202_075016.jpg

20220203_160252.jpg

20220131_160539.jpg

20220203_153819.jpg

Edited by Britboys
  • Like 11

2 hours ago, davecttr said:

I am thinking of converting the bulk of my old NS&I isa into Premium bonds. The problem is getting through to NS&I as I can't recall my log on details 😟

Is it just your password you can't remember Dave?  If so perhaps a password reset request would allow you to get in. 

If your ISA has come the end of the term so that you can access it, it's perhaps possible to give instructions to reinvest into Premium Bonds on-line.  I know I've switched their products quote easily on-line in the past. That would avoiding having to get through to speak to someone.  In light of the reports recently of the chaos on the system that could take a while.  But then again if their IT is struggling you may find that my suggestion isn't a solution either!   Good luck sorting it out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Down in that Dorset at the moment. Enid Blyton wrote some famous 5 books in the hotel.  That added 50 quid a night to the price.

Edited by zap99
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Teddy and I are safely home from Southwold. We had a great 10 days and the weather bar 2 days was really kind to us. We'll be going back later in the year if I can get a good deal but my goodness the prices have hiked beyond belief. I could have had a cruise in a balcony cabin for the same price I paid for Southwold. Having said that, and having read about the awful time MB2 is experiencing on Arvia, perhaps I was better off in a quiet little cottage!

I'm just catching up with all the posts I missed when my WiFi wasn't working so apologies if I've missed something I should have answered.

Be well everyone and best wishes as always. Jane xxx

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

We have booked a cottage on Isle of Wight for a week in July, just 10 mins drive from Yarmouth, been a few years since we have been there, around 47 years in my case, a camping holiday near Ventnor with my then fiancée. I remember getting back to our tent one, to find a beekeeper trying to remove a swarm from a tree behind our tent. 

We have visits to Osbourne House & Carisbrooke Castle pencilled in, places I have been to, but my wife hasn’t. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Teddy and I are safely home from Southwold. We had a great 10 days and the weather bar 2 days was really kind to us. We'll be going back later in the year if I can get a good deal but my goodness the prices have hiked beyond belief. I could have had a cruise in a balcony cabin for the same price I paid for Southwold. Having said that, and having read about the awful time MB2 is experiencing on Arvia, perhaps I was better off in a quiet little cottage!

I'm just catching up with all the posts I missed when my WiFi wasn't working so apologies if I've missed something I should have answered.

Be well everyone and best wishes as always. Jane xxx

I'm pleased to hear you had a lovely peaceful time in Southwold Jane.

Graham xx

12 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I'm pleased to hear you had a lovely peaceful time in Southwold Jane.

Graham xx

Thanks so much Graham. It's nice to be home even though I enjoyed it. Back to my own orthopaedic mattress and pillows - poor old girl!  Speak soon and best wishes to you and PauIine. Jane xxx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kruzseeka said:

Is it just your password you can't remember Dave?  If so perhaps a password reset request would allow you to get in. 

If your ISA has come the end of the term so that you can access it, it's perhaps possible to give instructions to reinvest into Premium Bonds on-line.  I know I've switched their products quote easily on-line in the past. That would avoiding having to get through to speak to someone.  In light of the reports recently of the chaos on the system that could take a while.  But then again if their IT is struggling you may find that my suggestion isn't a solution either!   Good luck sorting it out.

Thanks for the advice, when i tried a password reset it kept saying my email address was wrong.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Hello @Dermotsgirl.

Sometimes I get a photo which is on its side.

If you press the 3 dots above more (android phone) you have the option to rotate your photo until it is the right way up.

Screenshot_20230516_111409_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Hi Graham, I’ve got an iPhone, and couldn’t see any option to rotate the photos.

I think the problem is that, when I take a photo landscape orientation, I turn the phone the ‘wrong’ way (maybe something to do with me being left handed).

However, I’ve got a workaround - I’ll take a couple of photos for CC in portrait mode, and that seems to work ok 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Britboys said:

Here are a few photos taken from my balcony there on my last trip (as usual, this strange site has turned some upside down). Bembridge Village is a lovely little place and there are so many other nice places very nearby like St Helens Duver and Seaview, where there is a nice seafront pub and several cafés.

My first stop after leaving the ferry at Fishbourne is Quarr Abbey where they have a nice café for lunch or tea and cake. It's only five minutes or so from Fishbourne.

20220202_075016.jpg

20220203_160252.jpg

20220131_160539.jpg

20220203_153819.jpg

I think our room must be in a similar position to yours.

We are in the balcony room second from the left, and our sea view looks similar.

Yesterday evening about 10.30, we saw a lit up cruise ship going past, which we think was an Aida ship.

IMG_0848.thumb.jpeg.9a3420c8075ff8b7ca3e3b4a73137ef4.jpegIMG_2743.thumb.jpeg.0c6fd5fc67613f664e5533bd50a43481.jpeg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

We have booked a cottage on Isle of Wight for a week in July, just 10 mins drive from Yarmouth, been a few years since we have been there, around 47 years in my case, a camping holiday near Ventnor with my then fiancée. I remember getting back to our tent one, to find a beekeeper trying to remove a swarm from a tree behind our tent. 

We have visits to Osbourne House & Carisbrooke Castle pencilled in, places I have been to, but my wife hasn’t. 

We are thinking of going to Carisbrooke Castle tomorrow. Last time we went there was 41 yrs ago 

• Like 5