P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

@Purdey16 have a wonderful cruise, sounds like you are off to a good start. 

I take it you read the info about the package changes since you have the old pricing eg they are now charging for room service except breakfast on some packages and for Alfredo’s which was previously free (2 free visits with the “new” plus package and unlimited on premium) etc, etc.. They didn’t grandfather anything in for those of us who got the better pricing by booking early.

Look forward to hearing all about your cruise, have fun.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, DamianG said:

Thanks for the update and photos @Purdey16 all looks great so far.

We had a pleasant late afternoon watching the ships depart from Southampton and I took the below photo of my laptop screen capturing 3 out of 4 on the Solent.

IMG_3381.jpg

Lovely photo Damiam. It all looks very calm and peaceful. I hope your journeys into London this week are the same! Jane xx

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning Everyone and Happy Sunday

Lovely pics from @Purdey16 Have a great cruise and look forward to seeing more.  Also @indiana123 I hope you have a lovely cruise on NCL. Enjoy.

Great result yesterday @grapau27 I bet you were thrilled with 5 goals.

@brian1 Well Brian - what a great start for WHU. Have a good and successful season.

I'm just going out for breakfast with Ted. We have a lovely cafe here that allows dogs and he loves it (because he gets a bacon sarnie!). I hope you all have a good day and a good week ahead. I feel so sorry for the kids going back to school in what looks like one of the hottest weeks of the non-existent Summer. There will be moaning aplenty.

Best wishes to all as always. Jane xx

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

PS. Has anyone had an invitation yet for the new seasonal Covid jab? I know they are bringing it forward by a month because there are worries about this new Pirola variant. Having said that, and after it was reported in The Mail, friends at my old surgery hadn't at that point been instructed about anything. God bless the Mail  - not! Jane xx

• Like 1

Good morning, a lovely few days forecast so the patio will have visitors. Managed to book the Olive Grove and the Beech House for a couple of nights at each for our 17th Sep cruise on Arvia. Will be interesting to see the differences between her and Iona.

Perdy, many thanks for pics and info of Sky Princess, have a lovely cruise.

• Like 5

A lovely warm day down here already at 17c. My daughter gets back from her holiday today and has invited herself round to dinner, so I need to take a trip up to Tesco as the only joints in my freezer are not big enough. 

Hope everyone had an enjoyable Sunday.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Beckett said:

PS. Has anyone had an invitation yet for the new seasonal Covid jab? I know they are bringing it forward by a month because there are worries about this new Pirola variant. Having said that, and after it was reported in The Mail, friends at my old surgery hadn't at that point been instructed about anything. God bless the Mail  - not! Jane xx

We have a video conference with our GP tomorrow- they run zoom ones regularly regarding vaccination and health initiatives. The text invite states as we have our flu vaccination booked for 20 September we will be hopefully having our covid one on the same day as the vaccine is due to arrive on the 18th.  

We apparently as under 70's are now going to be offered the shingles one too, hopefully not on the samy day!

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Good morning all I am awake early so thought I’d drop a few lines and pictures of yesterdays boarding, travel into Southampton was horrendous traffic along the main road leading to the mayflower terminal a standstill really and we were caught in it until we changed lanes to go to the QE II terminal which wasn’t so busy , I really felt sorry for everyone going to the mayflower it just looked gridlock in all directions, anyway we got to the terminal about 10.15 , 15 minutes late by my schedule 😂 got our cases loaded up which was a good organised line and straight into terminal to check in which was also fast all they wanted was just passports, we collected our medallions and sat in the platinum and elite area for 5 minutes then at 10.45 we were called to board, so once on board it was a quick March up to the sanctuary to book our sunbeds for the 4 sea days we got, by then there was only a few left to pick from but we we’re still very pleased to get two and after us many people were disappointed but we did help a couple in a wheelchair get to the sanctuary as quick as us buy guiding them and helping with the lifts and getting a place in the Que for them and I think they got the last beds , so when that was done off we went to vines to get a nice glass of bubbly and meet our favourite bar tender again and then that’s when i started to chill a bit . Some photos of our inside cabin which had a lot more cupboard space than our suite in June so very happy with that and No hanging dresses on the walls , and some pictures of the sanctuary which if anyone is interested is $20 pp for the morning / afternoon or $40 pp for the whole day . If you want the cabanas it’s $240 a day 😬

IMG_3844.jpeg

IMG_3845.jpeg

IMG_3846.jpeg

IMG_3848.jpeg

IMG_3854.jpeg

IMG_3855.jpeg

IMG_3862.jpeg

IMG_3863.jpeg

IMG_3864.jpeg

Great photos and enjoy your cruise @Purdey16

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Beckett said:

Yes - I got a letter yesterday although I’ve just been online to change it as I’ll be away on the date they gave me.  Looks like it’s starting up here on 1 October as that was the first date offered.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

So I hope I’m not boring you all on this Sunday morning 😂 after our bubbles we went to the dining room for lunch which was peaceful and had 3 courses with two glasses of wine, we our on the princess plus package which is alcohol up to $15 a drink and 15 a day , crew gratuities, and internet on one device, when we booked this cruise the cost of that package was $40pp per day , it is now $ 65 ish !!! 
After lunch we went to see if our cases had arrived but no and they didn’t turn up until 4.45 which is late for us . We had a reservation in the crown grill at 7.30 so once unpacked, showered, pre dinner drink then off to dinner, scallops and something I can’t remember for starters then black & blue onion soup, a 18oz T bone steak, sorry I forgot to take pictures of the veg &chips then pudding we had what’s in the pictures I can’t recall the names but all in all a lovely dinner, staff all very nice and attentive, smiling happy faces but we have always found that on princess, then off to the theatre for a Welsh lady singing different songs but by this time I was starting to fall asleep and Andy so we called it a night . Sea is calm and expected to be calm around the bay of biscay captain said , todays plan is go to a couple of port talks on Cadiz and  Barcelona and chill . Enjoy your day everyone 

Never bored reading about cruising!   Enjoy 🥂

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning Everyone and Happy Sunday

Lovely pics from @Purdey16 Have a great cruise and look forward to seeing more.  Also @indiana123 I hope you have a lovely cruise on NCL. Enjoy.

Great result yesterday @grapau27 I bet you were thrilled with 5 goals.

@brian1 Well Brian - what a great start for WHU. Have a good and successful season.

I'm just going out for breakfast with Ted. We have a lovely cafe here that allows dogs and he loves it (because he gets a bacon sarnie!). I hope you all have a good day and a good week ahead. I feel so sorry for the kids going back to school in what looks like one of the hottest weeks of the non-existent Summer. There will be moaning aplenty.

Best wishes to all as always. Jane xx

Thank you Jane.

Fantastic football result yesterday at Sunderland.

I hope you and Ted had lovely bacon Sarnies.

We had a lovely church service today with a few of our favourite hymns and a great Sermon which I have put the link on today's HAL daily.

It is currently sunny and 24°C.

Graham xx

IMG_20230903_115147.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Jane.

Fantastic football result yesterday at Sunderland.

I hope you and Ted had lovely bacon Sarnies.

We had a lovely church service today with a few of our favourite hymns and a great Sermon which I have put the link on today's HAL daily.

It is currently sunny and 24°C.

Graham xx

IMG_20230903_115147.jpg

Thanks Graham. I'm just heading over to HAL now. Yes thanks we both enjoyed our sarnies very much! Jane xxx

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, July morning said:

We are getting the C and flu on 16th Sept. My husband 's already had the shingles vaccine before don't know if I'll be offered it or when as I don't have three arms 😂

I asked for the flu and Covid jab last year on the same arm - one sore arm is better than two!  

• Like 4

Had a chill day today with a port lecture on Cadiz then went to the normal talks on gems etc to collect my cheapie necklaces and bracelets for my 9 yr old granddaughters , been very sunny and hot , smooth seas and the pool in the middle of the ship is sardines packed in a tin ( not for me ) looking forward to my sanctuary bed tomorrow, had a few of these 12 crt gold margaritas and a good lunch in the buffet, roast dinner with turkey and lamb , Bircher mullesli for breakfast in the international cafe which is lovely and quite in the morning.

IMG_3880.jpeg

D7B260BF-6D83-4F1C-8156-6C385B1E3C85.jpeg

IMG_3889.jpeg

IMG_3882.jpeg

IMG_3883.jpeg

• Like 10

6 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

Good morning, a lovely few days forecast so the patio will have visitors. Managed to book the Olive Grove and the Beech House for a couple of nights at each for our 17th Sep cruise on Arvia. Will be interesting to see the differences between her and Iona.

Perdy, many thanks for pics and info of Sky Princess, have a lovely cruise.

Bob interesting, we tried to book the Beach House but were unable to book 7-8pm, only the 5.30 or 5.45 were available to book. What time did you manage to book if you don't mind me asking?