P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

14 minutes ago, pete14 said:

No storm here in North Wales. Sunshine and fluffy clouds. Warm enough to sit outside reading my book and drinking tea. I wish storms were always this nice. It did tip it down with rain during the night though. 

Looks like your in a good place regarding the weather . 

Hopefully ,if the forecast is right a low will develop and track up the middle of the country and with a bit of luck keep the high winds away from us .

https://www.ventusky.com/?p=54.2;2.5;4&l=gust

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pete14 said:

No storm here in North Wales. Sunshine and fluffy clouds. Warm enough to sit outside reading my book and drinking tea. I wish storms were always this nice. It did tip it down with rain during the night though. 

I spoke too soon. Now it has clouded over and is raining☹️

• Like 3

Odd showers through the day & still a bit blowy. Helped at my friends fundraising meal last night for the towns new xmas lights, which went well. Met another friend for coffee this morning, we ended up having an early lunch of huge local bread, ham & cheese sandwiches with a helping of a delicious curry (coleslaw?). Now waiting for Morrisons to arrive.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, pete14 said:

I spoke too soon. Now it has clouded over and is raining☹️

Spoke with my brother earlier, he lives in Prestatyn, said there is Yellow Warning for rain tomorrow, the weekend I am visiting him, typical! 

I was in Worcester this after, although cloudy & mainly dry, temperature was 19C, ridiculous for late October. 

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 7

Quite warm and dry here too, and sunshine for the last couple of hours.  Hard to believe it is awful anywhere, and I just hope that Scotland does not again have the awful power outages - two half hours last night was enough to make me aware how dreadful  it is.

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Spoke with my brother earlier, he lives in Prestatyn, said there is Yellow Warning for rain tomorrow, the weekend I am visiting him, typical! 

I was in Worcester this after, although cloudy & mainly dry, temperature was 19C, ridiculous for late October. 

We are just a bit further round the coast from Prestatyn although home tomorrow for a few days.

• Like 2

Good morning all.

Well we were battered with wind and rain all night last night. Kept getting woken with things flying around outside and wind howling through the trees and chimney.

It’s still dark so I will go out and check what’s what when the sun rises.

So today is definitely a day for doing things indoors in the cosy.

• Like 15

I hope that everyone is staying safe during the rain and the floods.  I just opened the curtains and our road had turned into a stream overnight.  We are high enough up.that the rain is flowing down away from us.  I hate to think what it is like in the road below where their roofs are on the same level as our garden

@pete14 take care driving back from Wales.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

I hope that everyone is staying safe during the rain and the floods.  I just opened the curtains and our road had turned into a stream overnight.  We are high enough up.that the rain is flowing down away from us.  I hate to think what it is like in the road below where their roofs are on the same level as our garden

@pete14 take care driving back from Wales.

Thanks Josy. I will do my best but the beautiful weather of yesterday is a thing of the past. Heavy rain through the night and continuing. 

• Like 8

Very dark, dreary and damp here but strangely calm. Trees and shrubs hardly moving so can't be too windy. A very mild day, 13⁰c at the moment. Friends in Spain have been having rough weather too. Malaga Airport was diverting ALL flights for several hours yesterday evening due to high winds, heavy rain in some parts of Andalusia and the first snows fell on the Sierra Nevada.

I need to pop out and get some birthday presents today and may get a swim in this afternoon.

• Like 6