P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

6 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

You are right, all having trials and tribulations.  Also can't get post, can only speak to a Doctor over the

phone, road works on every corner and on and on it goes. 

The Medway Pain Clinic has  nearly a one year waiting list even though  there is severe pain.. its ok for me as I can spend the children's inheritance  and hopefully get some help but maybe not easy for some.

I hope you managed to get an appointment before Christmas and can start the ball rolling on hopefully getting the pain under control.

Gill x

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

hopefully getting the pain under control.

Thank you so much.  Yes I am going next Tuesday for spinal nerve block injections under a general (?😃)

Pain can change places in an instant  so all very unstable.  Some things they can't actually diagnose, although the back's had it, so they have suggested nerve blocks and fingers crossed.

There is a big formal dinner the night before, so have had to cancel the starter and dessert. and that hurts and no alcohol and that hurts more.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Thank you so much.  Yes I am going next Tuesday for spinal nerve block injections under a general (?😃)

Pain can change places in an instant  so all very unstable.  Some things they can't actually diagnose, although the back's had it, so they have suggested nerve blocks and fingers crossed.

There is a big formal dinner the night before, so have had to cancel the starter and dessert. and that hurts and no alcohol and that hurts more.

Ha ha. Oh that’s a pain 🙄, but missing out on the night before will be so worth it if the nerve blocks give you some much need relief. How marvellous will that be?

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

How marvellous will that be?

Very marvellous and a great relief to OH  and the kids.

They have never seen me cry before,  not even with the Big C or the heart attack or any other problems.  I don't like this crying wreck either, but the strangest thing is that the one thing that never left me is my sense of humour.

Oh well better get off to bed.  Goodnight x

• Like 11

I was sorry to see Anabel Croft go out even though she has been the weakest dancer for the last few weeks.

I was hoping that the girl who used to be in Coronation Street would go out even though she was clearly the better dancer.  I just think that she is the most irritating person when ever she speaks.  I hope that Layton and Nikita win.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I was sorry to see Anabel Croft go out even though she has been the weakest dancer for the last few weeks.

I was hoping that the girl who used to be in Coronation Street would go out even though she was clearly the better dancer.  I just think that she is the most irritating person when ever she speaks.  I hope that Layton and Nikita win.

I’m the opposite and hope Layton doesn’t win. 🤣

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

I will stick my neck out, (having failed to not have any spoilers, though suspect it doesn't matter now) and say that after Saturday I slightly hope Bobby might win.  I am afraid I really don't want Layton to win - two reasons only; he truly has been a professional dancer and should not have been entered, and their routines are very much showbiz and not ballroom dancing.  I think he is sure he is going to win, however.  Sadly, personalities do tend to shine through when we get to know so much about them, and I suspect my judgement is partly based on likes and dislikes.  

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, lincslady said:

I will stick my neck out, (having failed to not have any spoilers, though suspect it doesn't matter now) and say that after Saturday I slightly hope Bobby might win.  I am afraid I really don't want Layton to win - two reasons only; he truly has been a professional dancer and should not have been entered, and their routines are very much showbiz and not ballroom dancing.  I think he is sure he is going to win, however.  Sadly, personalities do tend to shine through when we get to know so much about them, and I suspect my judgement is partly based on likes and dislikes.  

I’m in complete agreement with what you say.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Morning all,catching the Marrakech Express today.Well, it sounds better than the 11.30 from Victoria to Gatwick via Clapham junction.Overnight at Premier Inn North terminal and 8.00 flight in morning.

Remember to buy pressies for the folks at home when you're on holiday. Just remember our suggestion for those with a sweet tooth! More rock... Oh! 😅🤣

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, indiana123 said:

I don't like this crying wreck either, but the strangest thing is that the one thing that never left me is my sense of humour.

Hope next week brings you pain free .

Glad to read your sense of humour is still in fully working order 🙂

Here's todays weather report 🙃

f1880f430ec098905c3cc42343dfa482.thumb.jpg.9a9ec1c405f067e289d16e4dce5072af.jpg 

Have a good day everyone 😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 16

30 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

I’m in complete agreement with what you say.

Oh Gill, I'm not sure who I want to win! I really didn't like Layton in the early weeks but he's grown on me - mainly because I felt sorry for him re all the trolling and hate mail. There's no doubt he's a wonderful dancer but I personally don't think he should have been in the show in the first place. Maybe next year the BBC will not permit entrants with such a pro dance background.

Ellie has done incredibly well and I've loved some of her performances but her parner, Vito, drives me mad with his nonsensical ramblings. Methinks he loves himself just a bit too much.

Bobby - not sure - a bit hit and miss for me. He looks like a string of spaghetti because he's so gangly. I did love his Quickstep though. He's so light on his feet. I think he seems like a sweet boy and I probably like him the best.

Either way I'm really looking forward to the final!

Have a good day. Jane xx

• Like 10

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

I agree about Layton background in dancing and that most of his routines are twisting the dancing to suit his showbiz style, I’m afraid that it leaves me cold watching him being a contestant but very good as a performer. I read that he hasn’t done a ballroom dance for several weeks, as opposed to Latin. He has not been doing well in the public voting with Ellie then Bobby doing better, Annabel has been getting a lot of the public vote so it will be interesting where her votes go to now. I don’t think Layton will win.

• Like 5

Much better day here with some sun, especially after the two mainly wet and windy days we have had. Travelling down to Chesterfield for lunch with relatives later, we will stop off  at Medowhell as Mrs YP wants to see the decorations and won't accept a drive by. Enjoy the week.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

Farage did quite well. I thought he would go out fairly early.

• Haha 3

Since all the dancers have been so good, and in most cases learned such a lot and obviously worked very hard, it does tend to come down to who the public like most.  I really liked Annabel, and she and Johannes are so genuinely good with and for each other. Bobby is a likeable young lad, and a gorgeous ballroom dancer,  and Ellie is just a northern lass, rather inarticulate but she has become an excellent dancer which she was not at the beginning.  Layton, sadly, does have what appears to be a bit of petulant streak, and obviously if he does not win I fear will put it down to homophobia, which I don't think would actually be the case.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Farage did quite well. I thought he would go out fairly early.

I read Nigel earned £1.5 million which was more than the rest of them put together.

We missed the first week as we were on Iona but watched every day of the last 2 weeks.

Last 2 deserved to be last 2 and well done to Sam in his win.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I read Nigel earned £1.5 million which was more than the rest of them put together.

We missed the first week as we were on Iona but watched every day of the last 2 weeks.

Last 2 deserved to be last 2 and well done to Sam in his win.

I read that Posh negotiated his fee. I bet she had a cut as well. £1.5m is quite decent for 4 weeks work.

30 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

I was out early seeing a long time customer.

It is sunny and 6°C at the beach.

I hope everyone has a great day.

IMG_20231211_091853.jpg

There's something missing Graham............🤫

I've got it.........no Greggs😁

Avril

• Haha 7