P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Finished up going to A&E last night when the bag under my eye go quite large, so followed dentists instructions should that happen, after 11 hours sitting in A&E finally saw a doctor at 9:00 am. The doctor referred me to maxillofacial doctor who after examination and an X-ray said rather than an abscess it was cellulitis and has admitted me to hospital for up to 3 days for IV Antibiotics, I wasn’t expecting that.

Oh that's a shock Snow Hill. Good job you followed your dentist's instructions. After 11 hours in A&E you will hopefully sleep well tonight. Wish you better. Jane xx

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Looks beautiful. What are the temperatures out there at the minute ?

Sunny around 23 to 25c during day and only dropping to around 18c overnight.

Now at 6.30pm I am sat on the balcony outside wearing shorts and a short sleeved shirt with a glass of wine, and I expect we will be eating dinner out here at 8.30 tonight.

And just to add about the 910 bus, it is a wheelchair accessible 'bendy bus' and the food and drink kiosks at the beach have wooden walkways from the road.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, 9265359 said:

Sunny around 23 to 25c during day and only dropping to around 18c overnight.

Now at 6.30pm I am sat on the balcony outside wearing shorts and a short sleeved shirt with a glass of wine, and I expect we will be eating dinner out here at 8.30 tonight.

And just to add about the 910 bus, it is a wheelchair accessible 'bendy bus' and the food and drink kiosks at the beach have wooden walkways from the road.

Sounds wonderful - enjoy

22 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Sounds wonderful - enjoy

It is, a very nice change from the cold and damp UK, and when we both stopped working a few years ago I said I was not going to spend another February in the UK - and so far that has held out.

• Like 2

Just now, 9265359 said:

It is, a very nice change from the cold and damp UK, and when we both stopped working a few years ago I said I was not going to spend another February in the UK - and so far that has held out.

Well we have just finished working and only been back a week from 2 weeks in the Caribbean and have said the same and its only the 6th! 🙂 Enjoy every minute - it goes too quickly

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 9265359 said:

This afternoon was spent at Teresitas beach a short bus ride along the coast from Santa Cruz.

For anyone on Azura or any other ship calling in Tenerife then it is easy to get to on the 910 bus from the road just outside the cruise terminal - less than 2 euro each way, pay on the bus contactless, a bus every 10 minutes, and just ride it to the end of the line so no way to get lost!

The beach is absolutely fabulous, sandy with calm warm water because there is a breakwater a short distance out keeping the Atlantic at bay, and a number of food and drink kiosks that are spread along the length of the beach renting sunbeds and parasols (yes those are needed here) for 6 euro a set of two, and incredibly selling food and drink for no more than the prices in town.

image.thumb.jpeg.7ce746e057148f30f46430c2aa40ba8d.jpeg

Not jealous at all! 😁

• Haha 1

Our boiler is being serviced today and I have just received this message from British Gas.  We have never had this before despite having boilers serviced by British Gas for over 40 years.  We haven't had a dog since our last one died 12 years ago so I can only think that it is due to the bad publicity about some breeds of dogs.

Hi, your British Gas visit is due today between 8am-1pm. If you have pets, please keep them safely in another room while our engineer is at work. Track progress at https://www.britishgas.co.uk/trk

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Our boiler is being serviced today and I have just received this message from British Gas.  We have never had this before despite having boilers serviced by British Gas for over 40 years.  We haven't had a dog since our last one died 12 years ago so I can only think that it is due to the bad publicity about some breeds of dogs.

Hi, your British Gas visit is due today between 8am-1pm. If you have pets, please keep them safely in another room while our engineer is at work. Track progress at https://www.britishgas.co.uk/trk

Seems very sensible to me although I am saddened that there are obviously people out there who need to be told to keep their pets in a different room from the boiler. I don’t suppose it applies to rabbits, hamsters and goldfish though.

• Like 4

Morning only 4.c here this morning .

I think that British Gas are doing the right thing with the pet awareness reminders

as some pets are happy to see visitors and others are not .

As a school kid we had a woman who had a very big white rabbit that she used to let run 

free in her back yard .

My school mate said "go to open the gate " Quick as a flash it was at the gate making

a racket .   The woman who owned it said " He would have you ,if you open the gate "

as it had bit people in the past . 

Have heard of people who have cats that do not like visitors to their homes as well.

Have a nice day and take care everyone .

• Like 9

Yesterday I had the abscess drained and much of the pin is gone just the swelling under the eye to deal with. Drs are just in their rounds so I will know soon what the precautionary nil by mouth entails. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Yesterday I had the abscess drained and much of the pin is gone just the swelling under the eye to deal with. Drs are just in their rounds so I will know soon what the precautionary nil by mouth entails. 

Yay the consultant is happy the swelling has gone down and I can go home albeit with antibiotics and a contact number. 

• Like 17

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Morning only 4.c here this morning .

I think that British Gas are doing the right thing with the pet awareness reminders

as some pets are happy to see visitors and others are not .

As a school kid we had a woman who had a very big white rabbit that she used to let run 

free in her back yard .

My school mate said "go to open the gate " Quick as a flash it was at the gate making

a racket .   The woman who owned it said " He would have you ,if you open the gate "

as it had bit people in the past . 

Have heard of people who have cats that do not like visitors to their homes as well.

Have a nice day and take care everyone .

I turned my phone over to see if the joke was on the back.🤣

• Haha 5

55 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

I'm sure you meant pain, but.......many years ago I was eating a blackjack..4 for a penny....there's something sharp in it!. It was a brass pin attached to my filling.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Yay the consultant is happy the swelling has gone down and I can go home albeit with antibiotics and a contact number. 

Good news. I bet that's a relief.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, 9265359 said:

This afternoon was spent at Teresitas beach a short bus ride along the coast from Santa Cruz.

For anyone on Azura or any other ship calling in Tenerife then it is easy to get to on the 910 bus from the road just outside the cruise terminal - less than 2 euro each way, pay on the bus contactless, a bus every 10 minutes, and just ride it to the end of the line so no way to get lost!

The beach is absolutely fabulous, sandy with calm warm water because there is a breakwater a short distance out keeping the Atlantic at bay, and a number of food and drink kiosks that are spread along the length of the beach renting sunbeds and parasols (yes those are needed here) for 6 euro a set of two, and incredibly selling food and drink for no more than the prices in town.

image.thumb.jpeg.7ce746e057148f30f46430c2aa40ba8d.jpeg

Thanks for that - I was thinking of doing that on my next trip.  I think I’ve exhausted the town now as I’ve been so often!   Have you (or anyone else) taken the tram to La Laguna?   I was reading about it somewhere else but can’t remember where they said to catch the tram. 

42 minutes ago, zap99 said:

many years ago I was eating a blackjack..4 for a penny...

You got paid for eating Black jacks ,nice work if you can get it 😉

We were down St Ives and with the pin episode you had I had the same happen

eating a bag of chips. Cant remember how much they cost but turned out to be an 

expensive bag of chips with the dental bill that followed 😬

• Haha 4

37 minutes ago, kalos said:

You got paid for eating Black jacks ,nice work if you can get it 😉

We were down St Ives and with the pin episode you had I had the same happen

eating a bag of chips. Cant remember how much they cost but turned out to be an 

expensive bag of chips with the dental bill that followed 😬

I have a friend who lives in St Ives. He likes Chips, but can't read very well.

IMG_20220605_141112~2.jpg

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Ilovemygarden said:

Thanks for that - I was thinking of doing that on my next trip.  I think I’ve exhausted the town now as I’ve been so often!   Have you (or anyone else) taken the tram to La Laguna?   I was reading about it somewhere else but can’t remember where they said to catch the tram. 

You go to the left and past the big round pool. Just a bit further on you can see the tram station. Buy the tickets from the machine, it has English and you need the station at the end of the line. Face backwards to get the best views. When you get off head north. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

You go to the left and past the big round pool. Just a bit further on you can see the tram station. Buy the tickets from the machine, it has English and you need the station at the end of the line. Face backwards to get the best views. When you get off head north. 

Thanks for that - enjoy the rest of your stay. 

On 2/6/2024 at 10:00 AM, P&O SUE said:

I was going to mention Ian Lavender too, sadly I’ve seen nothing on the news about it as it was all about the King.

I saw a piece about him on the news after midnight on TV whilst in A&E which showed numerous clips of him include the “Don’t Tell him Pike” clip. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ilovemygarden said:

Details of tram here

https://metrotenerife.com/routes-and-timetables/

You catch the tram at Fundacion, one going to La Trinidad

You buy your ticket at the machine at any tram stop. Validate it when you get on the tram

Brian

• Like 1

On 2/6/2024 at 10:00 AM, P&O SUE said:

I was going to mention Ian Lavender too, sadly I’ve seen nothing on the news about it as it was all about the King.

We met Ian and his wife on our first cruise on Adonia in 2012. He was a very amusing guest speaker and they were both lovely friendly people. 

• Like 7