P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Another lovely sunny morning here in southbourne just been down to beach for early morning walk and now back for a bacon and egg butty took grandson go kart racing yesterday he throughly enjoyed it , pleased he did as it’s expensive and I was jealous I couldn’t do it , getting down that low with my knees would of been painful for others to watch 😂

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Another lovely sunny morning here in southbourne just been down to beach for early morning walk and now back for a bacon and egg butty took grandson go kart racing yesterday he throughly enjoyed it , pleased he did as it’s expensive and I was jealous I couldn’t do it , getting down that low with my knees would of been painful for others to watch 😂

What a super thing to do with your grandson - so pleased to hear that he enjoyed it so much.  That took me back many, many moons to my early 20s when I used to race karts, one of only a very few girls to do so at the time!  But, as you say, getting down that low nowadays is a definite no no 🙁!

Enjoy your day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

If you put deer poo down, would it attract lions ?. I understand there is a lions club in Barnsley, so they are around.

I think you'll find there are well over 900 Lions Clubs in the UK zap, so keep an eye open when on your travels and steer well clear of any deer poo😁😉

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

Every F1 driver started in karting,there's always that dream.London white plumbing van driving is almost as exciting.

• Haha 3

On 6/27/2022 at 10:59 AM, Snow Hill said:

Not a good start to the week, my wife has tested positive, seems those she was with on a course last week didn’t just have hay fever like they said, as she and 3 others have all tested positive this morning. 🤬

Be careful out there. 

Oh no hope she’s ok. Very selfish if they knew they were ill.

Hello all, sorry I haven’t been around, it’s been all go since we got home from Guernsey. My parents have moved to their ground floor flat now but we’ve been over there nearly every day this week. There’s still so much to do as they still have too much stuff!

Things have happened such as the built in washing machine doesn’t work properly! I’ve got our friend to go and look at it this Wednesday as she’s not really bothered about the dishwasher so we’re thinking of putting a new washing machine where the dishwasher is (that’s not built in) then turn the washing machine space just to a cupboard.

In the meantime I’m sitting in my garden looking at their washing on my line!

We did get out to a lavender farm not too far from us on Friday.

DA8955C8-BC98-4831-892F-CF4149392322.jpeg

2A8680A7-EE00-41E6-87CD-51EF5B8A4FD1.jpeg

• Like 19

9 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Hello all, sorry I haven’t been around, it’s been all go since we got home from Guernsey. My parents have moved to their ground floor flat now but we’ve been over there nearly every day this week. There’s still so much to do as they still have too much stuff!

Things have happened such as the built in washing machine doesn’t work properly! I’ve got our friend to go and look at it this Wednesday as she’s not really bothered about the dishwasher so we’re thinking of putting a new washing machine where the dishwasher is (that’s not built in) then turn the washing machine space just to a cupboard.

In the meantime I’m sitting in my garden looking at their washing on my line!

We did get out to a lavender farm not too far from us on Friday.

DA8955C8-BC98-4831-892F-CF4149392322.jpeg

2A8680A7-EE00-41E6-87CD-51EF5B8A4FD1.jpeg

I love lavendar, we have some bushes in the garden. Brings back lovely memories of sitting with Gran and making lavendar bags together.

Avril

• Like 9

I’ve just remembered, I don’t think I’ve posted since Ventura did not arrive in Guernsey on Friday 24th. Such a shame as 3 other days we were there other cruise lines got in. I must say P&O do seem very cautious. It was grey and a bit damp first thing but it brightened up to a lovely day again and wasn’t as windy as other days! I know all about the notorious undercurrents at Guernsey but it really was a lovely calm afternoon. I expect the captain did what ours did last time we couldn’t get in and found some sun for everyone to enjoy on the decks!

We were  at Castle Cornet in the afternoon as our ferry didn’t go until 7pm!! The castle in right on the mouth of the harbour so we would have had a great view.

2E3A9C37-954B-4249-9DF7-16C4526589F8.jpeg

FF587D00-4CD4-44E2-A980-A12EF4C06BEB.jpeg

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, Astrajet said:

What a super thing to do with your grandson - so pleased to hear that he enjoyed it so much.  That took me back many, many moons to my early 20s when I used to race karts, one of only a very few girls to do so at the time!  But, as you say, getting down that low nowadays is a definite no no 🙁!

Enjoy your day.

I too raced Karts in my youth. Nowadays getting down no problem, but getting up out of one may be fun   ........to watch.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

6 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I love lavendar, we have some bushes in the garden. Brings back lovely memories of sitting with Gran and making lavendar bags together.

Avril

We have a couple of bushes that we bought a few years ago from this farm, Castle Farm at Shoreham near Dartford for any locals!

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Oh no hope she’s ok. Very selfish if they knew they were ill.

She is up and about again, got her ”freedom to move” text last night, still got remnants of cough and gets tired easily, but LFT shows only a very feint pink line against the T. 

There were 8 people on the course plus tutor, excluding the individual who carried it, 6 of course participate have gone down with, plus the tutor, the only one not to catch it was the oldest lady on the course, aged 80. Since then, 4 of the partners have caught it, I seemed to have avoided it, testing negative again this morning. Hopefully can avoid it as have my big birthday coming up next Sunday. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

She is up and about again, got her ”freedom to move” text last night, still got remnants of cough and gets tired easily, but LFT shows only a very feint pink line against the T. 

There were 8 people on the course plus tutor, excluding the individual who carried it, 6 of course participate have gone down with, plus the tutor, the only one not to catch it was the oldest lady on the course, aged 80. Since then, 4 of the partners have caught it, I seemed to have avoided it, testing negative again this morning. Hopefully can avoid it as have my big birthday coming up next Sunday. 

Fingers crossed for your birthday.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, kalos said:

Out for a Sunday dinner at Doncaster again. Had the lamb hock which just fell off the bone. Had the place to ourselves today. 

20220703_123556.thumb.jpg.b14fc1b6c0d741afddb7519e582f0645.jpg20220703_122813.thumb.jpg.d7fdcb5cfa0863e9a8b22a3ba32f5d90.jpg

It’s amazing how quiet places still are now. Even my local shopping centre isn’t anywhere near as busy as it used to be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

We have a couple of bushes that we bought a few years ago from this farm, Castle Farm at Shoreham near Dartford for any locals!

Lovely pub there right on the bend across the bridge.

13 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

It’s amazing how quiet places still are now. Even my local shopping centre isn’t anywhere near as busy as it used to be.

This place has other function rooms one looked to be doing a baby shower event in one of them. We feel safe and relaxed here.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Have you tried making lavender biscuits ?  I make them every year and everyone seems to like them, at the bowling club last week there were complaints that there weren't enough and I should double up my recipe.

My grandma, mum and aunts all used to make lavender bags to put in drawers and wardrobes but I don't like to think of my clothes smelling of it.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Have you tried making lavender biscuits ?  I make them every year and everyone seems to like them, at the bowling club last week there were complaints that there weren't enough and I should double up my recipe.

My grandma, mum and aunts all used to make lavender bags to put in drawers and wardrobes but I don't like to think of my clothes smelling of it.

Could you share the biscuit recipe please, sounds absolutely lovely.

I like homemade lavender syrup, lovely mixed with sparkling water and ice as a summer soft drink. (In winter it’s a spiced syrup with hot cider).

• Like 3

4 hours ago, pete14 said:

Beautiful 10 course tasting menu at Lunar restaurant last night. Superb.

723A5194-AA9C-45F7-8EEF-9AEFBAE5BD6C.jpeg

26057FBF-B1A2-4C7A-BFF2-F16269A4BC6B.jpeg

62D4F927-2436-4C6C-92C0-F856F3911FD4.jpeg

702C4B3D-F8F4-4713-BEAD-BB50F29AAFFC.jpeg

Those portions look ginormous compared to the tasting menu we ‘endured’ af Ynyshir Hall a few years ago. We were laughing our heads off by the end of the ‘meal’ as they took it so seriously and in all honesty, it was so pretentious and bizarre. The portions there were minute and we were still so hungry when we left after 14 courses I think. The whole thing was a gift but I would have felt robbed had I paid with my own money. Anyway, Ynyshir has come out top of the Michelin Guide this year, so what do I know! 

• Like 2