P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

59 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Cheers Bob, this will be our second cruise with Ambassador, if it as good as the last one there will be more, especially when the second ship comes online and the new itineraries come out.

Us too.  We enjoyed ours.    We hope to try the new ship.

The only slight problem was at Tilbury  They were having a huge car park right by the terminal but it fell through and the new car park was badly signposted so a lot of people were being tipped  off to drop off the passengers with the  luggage, then following the shuttle bus to the new car park.  Of course it may all be sorted by now.

2 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Lovely sunny day here after an overnight frost. Our bags are packed ready for the trip to Tilbury tomorrow for three weeks down to the Cape Verde islands. So please behave and I will look in if and when I get wifi.

I hope you and Mrs YP have a great time Phil. I wish you calm seas, good food, sun, warmth, and coasters. We will all try and behave in your absence. Best wishes. Jane xx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Us too.  We enjoyed ours.    We hope to try the new ship.

The only slight problem was at Tilbury  They were having a huge car park right by the terminal but it fell through and the new car park was badly signposted so a lot of people were being tipped  off to drop off the passengers with the  luggage, then following the shuttle bus to the new car park.  Of course it may all be sorted by now.

The car park across from the ship is currently in use since the containers were moved, I think once the new ship comes on line the back up car park will be required which as you say is not very well sign posted, hopefully that will be rectified.

Some breakfast time entertainment. 

Found a new way of scaring the local moggy to stop it stalking the birds on the feeder.

I have enable the speakers on the security camera at the back of the house and say “don’t you even think about it” thru the app on my phone in my best “this is the voice of the mysteries” impersonation, one confused cat looking around and seeing no one makes a run for it.  😂

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Haha 8

58 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Found a new way of scaring the local moggy to stop it stalking the birds on the feeder.

I have enable the speakers on the security camera at the back of the house and say “don’t you even think about it” thru the app on my phone in my best “this is the voice of the mysteries” impersonation, one confused cat looking around and seeing no one makes a run for it.  😂

I could use that when Mrs W opens the fridge door, looking for a sneaky chocolate !

• Haha 7

12 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Lovely sunny day here after an overnight frost. Our bags are packed ready for the trip to Tilbury tomorrow for three weeks down to the Cape Verde islands. So please behave and I will look in if and when I get wifi.

Have a great time

Michelle

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Morning everyone, hope you are all ok today.

Its certainly getting lighter in a morning and evening I have noticed and we can now say we change the clocks next month to really make it seem Spring is on its way. We have started tidying the garden too which is another good sign that Spring ur well and truly on its way.

Going across to Yorkshire today to collect three grandchildren for a couple of days. Taking them to Sandcastle(indoor water park) in Blackpool tomorrow afternoon which they love.

Have a good day everyone 

Michelle

• Like 8

12 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Best wishes on your late dad's 20th memory.

I had a follow up appointment with the skin cancer surgeon this afternoon.

He confirmed it was a basal cell carcinoma and it was all cut out during the operation in December.

Glad to hear it was all cut out & you’re clear!  X Dad not so lucky, I’m afraid he spent so much time sailing & outside shirtless 😢 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Have a great cruise. We love Cape Verde. Seas have been quite kind around the Canaries. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Better than my way. Running outside. screaming like a banshee and terrifying the neighbours as well as the cat😱

Avril

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

On 2/13/2023 at 4:30 PM, Harry Peterson said:

Absolutely! Fascinating subject. Snap may well be across Yorkshire and a lot of the north (define ‘north’ - that’s a game on its own). Cheese cobs in the midlands, rolls in the south. Baps in the north? 

Hull has its tenferts - the ten foot access strip at the back of a lot of houses. Ginnels is rarely used in the south, I think, where it’s usually just alleys or alleyways. 

image.png.04f917c6e987f7caaffc8cc861b25dc3.png

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Better than my way. Running outside. screaming like a banshee and terrifying the neighbours as well as the cat😱

Avril

We have new neighbours, next door but one and their cat will use our garden.  Our main problem are the seagulls, especially the one that comes knocking at our back door🤬 

• Like 3

We are off to a Fawlty Towers Dinner tonight.  It should be fun.

Anybody been to one ?  I have told OH not to open any tins (remember the mouse in the tin episode) and if Basil shouts at me I have my walking stick ready.

Following the success of the evening I took the family to Mamma Mia The Party at the O2, which was brilliant (but expensive and worth every penny) I asked my daughter t price up 8 of us at  the ABBA Voyager Concert.  The tickets for the seats/area we wanted were £140 without any food,  drinks or hotel stay.  To upgrade for food and drink is another £99 pp.   I've told them all to watch it on Youtube!!!!🤣😂😀

• Haha 5

55 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

We are off to a Fawlty Towers Dinner tonight.  It should be fun.

Anybody been to one ?  I have told OH not to open any tins (remember the mouse in the tin episode) and if Basil shouts at me I have my walking stick ready.

Following the success of the evening I took the family to Mamma Mia The Party at the O2, which was brilliant (but expensive and worth every penny) I asked my daughter t price up 8 of us at  the ABBA Voyager Concert.  The tickets for the seats/area we wanted were £140 without any food,  drinks or hotel stay.  To upgrade for food and drink is another £99 pp.   I've told them all to watch it on Youtube!!!!🤣😂😀

We have seen Mama Mia The Party too, like you say worth every penny , highly recommended 

Michelle

I'm sure if you liked that Astrojet you might like Mamma Mia The Party.. it buzzes.

I told my 23 year old grandson that I wouldn't tell his friends he held me up dancing for ages!   He didn't care he was having a ball. 3 generations all having a great time.

Edited by indiana123
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Noticeable that we haven’t see the cat since I did my voice of the mysterons scaring technique, did I traumatise the cat? 

• Like 3