P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

10 hours ago, Waju said:

Well............... I've booked 4 nights in the North East, 4 nights in Wales and 4 nights East Sussex - all before the end of April - so thanks again indiana x

Who needs cruises? 😊  ps I DO but a change is as good as a rest as they say 😉

I'm having an expensive day - just booked Aurora for 16 nights in May - my first time back on my absolutely favourite ship since just before the pandemic

• Like 14

I had a lovely start to the day, and now fog has descended, but I feel it will go back to blue sky in time.

As I can't really do gardening any more, I rely on my lovely team of 3 gardeners to mow the lawn and edge in summer, and appear around now for a big tidy up, including cutting back hedges and shrubs and gently digging my long border.  They arrived yesterday, and now I can see my snowdrops and the daffodil leaves emerging.  They will be here again for maybe two days, and it costs, but is so worth it.  And they do not charge as much as many do.  The garden will look pretty tidy until after midsummer when some of the shrubs and climbers get straggly.

• Like 8

Morning all,

A lovely sunny day and spring it feels as though spring is just around the corner, as it is sunny and temp is currently showing as 11c.  Hope it warms up for those of you with freezing temp.

Meeting a friend for coffee and a catch up before she heads off for a cruise next week and we head off on holiday a few days later.

Have a good day everyone.

Pam 

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning Everyone.

Happy Valentines Day to those who have a Valentine and happy Tuesday to those who don't - just think of the money we've saved!

Best wishes to you all. Jane xx

I have my gorgeous Valentine right here…..

Wishing everyone a great day.

Gill x

E646CF85-C5B1-44A8-8A6A-A1A6D3ACE64C.jpeg

• Like 13

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

I had a lovely start to the day, and now fog has descended, but I feel it will go back to blue sky in time.

As I can't really do gardening any more, I rely on my lovely team of 3 gardeners to mow the lawn and edge in summer, and appear around now for a big tidy up, including cutting back hedges and shrubs and gently digging my long border.  They arrived yesterday, and now I can see my snowdrops and the daffodil leaves emerging.  They will be here again for maybe two days, and it costs, but is so worth it.  And they do not charge as much as many do.  The garden will look pretty tidy until after midsummer when some of the shrubs and climbers get straggly.

We were planning on walking into Lincoln from the Grandstand this morning, but the fog rolling in off the Trent put us off. 

Looks like a day of leisure beckons - much as every other day, to be fair.

• Like 6

Morning all, sat watching the frost thaw off the car windscreen with a nice cuppa tea and 

will be staying inside the house  where it's warm.

To all of you who do Valentines day ,hope you have a good one and to all the ones who don't,

never mind it will soon be pancake day 😉

I once had that many valentine cards it left me breathless ! 😍

Well what really happened was I couldn't run as fast as the card shop security lad and had to

go back and pay for them 😉

Take care and keep warm .

• Haha 14

25 minutes ago, kalos said:

Morning all, sat watching the frost thaw off the car windscreen with a nice cuppa tea and 

will be staying inside the house  where it's warm.

To all of you who do Valentines day ,hope you have a good one and to all the ones who don't,

never mind it will soon be pancake day 😉

I once had that many valentine cards it left me breathless ! 😍

Well what really happened was I couldn't run as fast as the card shop security lad and had to

go back and pay for them 😉

Take care and keep warm .

Ah, you romantic fool you 😊

Avril

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

We were planning on walking into Lincoln from the Grandstand this morning, but the fog rolling in off the Trent put us off. 

Looks like a day of leisure beckons - much as every other day, to be fair.

Wowzz, We have a holiday cottage booked in Lincolnshire in May, a tiny village between Louth and the coast. What can you recommend for days out?

16 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Wowzz, We have a holiday cottage booked in Lincolnshire in May, a tiny village between Louth and the coast. What can you recommend for days out?

Hmm - I'm struggling!  A drive through the wolds is pleasant, Louth on market day passes a couple of hours,  and obviously fish and chips in Cleethorpes. 

Although it is an hour or so away, the obvious main attraction is Lincoln, with the castle and cathedral. 

• Like 1

I left my walk this morning, hoping that the fog would lift but it didn't so I have braved the cold and fog to walk to the post box to post a birthday card.  I only met one person even though it is a 2 miles round walk, I think everyone must be staying inside today.

I hope you all have better weather than we have.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Lovely sunny day here after an overnight frost. Our bags are packed ready for the trip to Tilbury tomorrow for three weeks down to the Cape Verde islands. So please behave and I will look in if and when I get wifi.

Have a lovely cruise.

Pam 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Caullkhead said:

Hope everyone’s had a good day? Saw dr today & have been prescribed a new inhaler, so we’ll see how that goes. Today is 20 years since my dad died, so been thinking of him today, luckily it’s been a lovely sunny day. 

Best wishes on your late dad's 20th memory.

I had a follow up appointment with the skin cancer surgeon this afternoon.

He confirmed it was a basal cell carcinoma and it was all cut out during the operation in December.

• Like 11

40 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Lovely sunny day here after an overnight frost. Our bags are packed ready for the trip to Tilbury tomorrow for three weeks down to the Cape Verde islands. So please behave and I will look in if and when I get wifi.

I hope you have a fantastic cruise Phil.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

Have a great cruise. I will be interested in your thoughts on Ambassador Cruises.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Have a great cruise. I will be interested in your thoughts on Ambassador Cruises.

Cheers Bob, this will be our second cruise with Ambassador, if it as good as the last one there will be more, especially when the second ship comes online and the new itineraries come out.

• Like 1