P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

39 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

Not sure this thread is working, very unusual that there is no activity today.

Might have all gone out buying a pint and a pie (with or without gravy )😉

Maybe had too much pie or too much pints ...

image.jpeg.cf3f324b316bf0ccfca9368d21d03750.jpeg

• Haha 16

57 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

Anyway, just to say we are off to the Fjords tomorrow. Hopefully the coach journey will be OK and we manage to get to the docks for our boarding time of 12.45. The weather forecast is wonderful - 6 days of rain but lovely on Tuesday. We will still have a great time, been on Iona already and we love her and been to the Fjords on Arcadia in 2019. I don’t think we will be getting a tan though!

Have a fabulous time!!

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, Lizzyanne said:

I was wondering where everyone was, it has been unusually quiet on here.

I thought everybody must have been watching the tennis!   Enjoy your cruise Jennizor - it can’t be any wetter than it’s been up here for the past three weeks. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Likewise gravy on pancakes - sounds disgusting to most southerners but when you change the word 'pancakes' to 'Yorkshire Puddings' it's suddenly OK.

Same batter!  😉

I use pancake to wrap around my beef when making beef wellington. Stops a 'soggy bottom'😀

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Ilovemygarden said:

I thought everybody must have been watching the tennis!   Enjoy your cruise Jennizor - it can’t be any wetter than it’s been up here for the past three weeks. 

Hideous today yet again. It’s never stopped raining all day.

Im sick of the site of rain. It may be too hot in Central Europe but it’s far too wet here!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Jennizor said:

Anyway, just to say we are off to the Fjords tomorrow. Hopefully the coach journey will be OK and we manage to get to the docks for our boarding time of 12.45. The weather forecast is wonderful - 6 days of rain but lovely on Tuesday. We will still have a great time, been on Iona already and we love her and been to the Fjords on Arcadia in 2019. I don’t think we will be getting a tan though!

The Fjords views are amazing.

I hope the weather is okay and you have a wonderful cruise.

Homemade fish and chips.Fresh cod fillets,Lidl breadcrumbs,parboiled chips all bunged in oven with a drissle of sunflower oil.Tartare sauce.Saving the gravy for Sunday roast😊.

IMG_20230714_192311654[1584].jpg

IMG_20230714_192044652[1582].jpg

• Like 9

33 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Hideous today yet again. It’s never stopped raining all day.

Im sick of the site of rain. It may be too hot in Central Europe but it’s far too wet here!

Yes it is, but my daughter lives in Athens and it’s 40 degrees there today - I tell her every year to send us 10 degrees but it never happens!   

• Haha 9

46 minutes ago, kalos said:

There's no answer to that   :classic_blush::classic_blush::classic_blush:

I think there are probably a few, none of which are particularly edifying and certainly not for the perusal of the good innocent souls on here.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

On 7/12/2023 at 7:24 PM, Josy1953 said:

The last one reminded me of when I was ill and  had been forbidden to walk around by the surgeon so DH had to do the shopping alone.  I gave him a list and he went Tesco, he came back with everything from the list except a bottle of juice but he had a jar of jam.  When I asked why he a bought jam when neither of us ate it his reply was that I only wrote blackcurrant on the list so he ask my sister,  who wahappened to be in Tesco what I meant by blackcurrant and she told him to buy blackcurrant jam.

I couldn't  decide who was the stupidest, me for assuming that he knew what we kept in the cupboards, him forgot knowing that we never had jam or the sister who had spent the first 20 years of her life eating daily with me.

That takes me back to the days of the Pandemic when most people were not at work but we were allowed to food shop in supermarkets. I'm fairly focused doing my food shop with a list. It was very obvious who the men were that normally left the shopping to their female partners. Pick up this pack of fruit, put it down, look at another, stand awhile looking lost, pick up another pack, repeat...😂. Very frustrating for us fellas who were used to doing the shop!

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Jennizor said:

Hope you have a lovely time. We're making a return trip in September.

The first time we sailed to the Fjords it was wet and horrible in Southampton, but we had sunny weather and temps of 23c the whole time we were in Norway and returned home to the same weather that we had set sail in!

On 7/12/2023 at 8:10 PM, grapau27 said:

It was lunch in the Library bar at Lumley castle Chester-le-Street Co Durham.

We regularly have fish and chips wherever we eat.

Pauline has had fish and chips in Epicurean restaurant on P&O as well as in the London Ritz hotel when we stayed there.

The fish was delicious and £47 for 2 fish and chips,pint of Caffreys and a lime and soda.

The restaurant is only open for breakfast and dinner with a larger menu.

We have also stayed and had meals at Langley castle which is just past Hexham Northumberland.

I thoroughly enjoy a plate of fish & chips but personally can't imagine going to a posh restaurant and paying £40 for it. I'd rather have posh nosh in a posh restaurant 😀

• Like 4

Hope you have a fabulous cruise and that the weather is kind to you

Michelle

• Like 2

Bon voyage. Have a wonderful cruise!

3 minutes ago, Britboys said:

I thoroughly enjoy a plate of fish & chips but personally can't imagine going to a posh restaurant and paying £40 for it. I'd rather have posh nosh in a posh restaurant 😀

My American and Canadian friends on HAL and Royal Caribbean forums love and appreciate food photos especially fish and chips and steaks.

We eat regularly in nice restaurants in this country and abroad but are not snobs.

It is the castle ambience at Lumley or Langley castle which makes them special and the food was delicious too.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

My American and Canadian friends on HAL and Royal Caribbean forums love and appreciate food photos especially fish and chips and steaks.

We eat regularly in nice restaurants in this country and abroad but are not snobs.

It is the castle ambience at Lumley or Langley castle (photo)which makes them special and the food was delicious too.

IMG_20220422_125059.jpg

• Like 3

I spent the best part of 6 hours driving to and from a funeral 91 miles away yesterday. Oh the joys of the M25. With that and the thoroughly miserable weather today, I decided to chill out and watch the tennis. Wonderful game between Alcaraz and Medvedev. Let's hope Sunday's final is the game we all expect it to be.

Nice relaxing evening with First Night of the Proms on the tv.

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

It is the castle ambience at Lumley or Langley castle which makes them special and the food was delicious too.

We're all different Graham and if you enjoyed it and found it good value, that's all that matters.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Britboys said:

We're all different Graham and if you enjoyed it and found it good value, that's all that matters.

The fish was white and all of the skin was removed and the batter was so nice I ate it all.

If we like something the cost is irrelevant.

Sadly on here I am now reluctant to post food photos anymore.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Britboys said:

I spent the best part of 6 hours driving to and from a funeral 91 miles away yesterday. Oh the joys of the M25. With that and the thoroughly miserable weather today, I decided to chill out and watch the tennis. Wonderful game between Alcaraz and Medvedev. Let's hope Sunday's final is the game we all expect it to be.

Nice relaxing evening with First Night of the Proms on the tv.

Condolences to the family and friends of the person whose funeral you went to.