P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

I watched the programme and although I have some sympathy, there were some big discrepancies.  for instance they said they were told Archie would not be a Prince.  Well that is set down in protocol.  The monarch's first in line great grandchildren are prince/princesses.  Only when Charles becomes king do all his grandchildren become princes.  So Archie would then be a prince.  They do need to get it right.

If something was said to Harry about what colour skin his baby would have,  (a) why on earth mention it to your wife?  (b)  There would be no way to tell what colour it would be.  There is black, less black, and white/redhead in the parents.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I watched the programme and although I have some sympathy, there were some big discrepancies.  for instance they said they were told Archie would not be a Prince.  Well that is set down in protocol.  The monarch's first in line great grandchildren are prince/princesses.  Only when Charles becomes king do all his grandchildren become princes.  So Archie would then be a prince.  They do need to get it right.

If something was said to Harry about what colour skin his baby would have,  (a) why on earth mention it to your wife?  (b)  There would be no way to tell what colour it would be.  There is black, less black, and white/redhead in the parents.

Jean, happy to hear that your recovery is progressing well.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Afternoon all.  Recovery is going better than I expected.  I am Day 10 post op and managing to walk 200 yards twice a day.  Doing my exercises has become easier.   Hip and thigh just feel stiff, there is very little pain, but then I am a healthy little bunny!  Friday I get the clips out and am at last allowed a shower.  I am already managing on one crutch and can make my own coffee/tea etc. 

Hope to be able to work from home again from about 22nd March.  The dog is still sniffing round me and being very careful.  He obviously knows I'm not quite my usual self.

Nice to hear you're improving. Slow and steady wins the race. Did you have a nice visit with friend on Sunday?

Avril

47 minutes ago, kalos said:

Well Jane there's nothing up with your eye sight :classic_wink: Your not on your own with 

the Royle Family ,I love any of the old comedy series ,Open All Hours/ Porridge/

Last Of The Summer Wine/Only Fools & Horses/One Foot In The Grave . To mention 

A few, I could watch them all day long. Maybe I'm getting old but I'd rather watch the 

above than the newer  TV programs " My Grannies Breast Enlargement At 92 year old."

and other such weird stuff is not TV to me .Each to their own I suppose.

I hope you and your other half is keeping well and not getting to worn out with all this 

Jabbing your all doing a great job . I bet your getting ready for a break now ? 

Keep safe and take care :classic_love:

Yes to all of your suggested programmes Kalos and I'll add Rising Damp to that.  I agree about the more modern selection of offerings.  I can't bear them!  Reality shows, game shows, Z-list-celebrities on ice, Z-list-celebrities pretending to be the SAS and well.........just Z-list-celebrities really.  I am keeping well thank you and so is my other half, Ted, who is a beautiful, gorgeous, 3-year old Cockapoo.  I have to confess that  I do feel I need a break now.  Working at the vaccine hub is not such a pleasure any more.  The demographic has changed and the younger groups, who are much more entitled, are not so much fun. Give me the old and decrepit any time.  They have manners, they have a laugh with you, they are kind.  The younger element are much more likely to complain that they've had to queue (God forbid!) and are going to report us for wasting their time.  Yes, I definitely need a break!  Best wishes to you and Mrs Kalos.  Jane.x

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Nice to hear you're improving. Slow and steady wins the race. Did you have a nice visit with friend on Sunday?

Avril

Yes even though it was illegal!!  we are all vaccinated so we just did it.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Yes to all of your suggested programmes Kalos and I'll add Rising Damp to that.  I agree about the more modern selection of offerings.  I can't bear them!  Reality shows, game shows, Z-list-celebrities on ice, Z-list-celebrities pretending to be the SAS and well.........just Z-list-celebrities really.  I am keeping well thank you and so is my other half, Ted, who is a beautiful, gorgeous, 3-year old Cockapoo.  I have to confess that  I do feel I need a break now.  Working at the vaccine hub is not such a pleasure any more.  The demographic has changed and the younger groups, who are much more entitled, are not so much fun. Give me the old and decrepit any time.  They have manners, they have a laugh with you, they are kind.  The younger element are much more likely to complain that they've had to queue (God forbid!) and are going to report us for wasting their time.  Yes, I definitely need a break!  Best wishes to you and Mrs Kalos.  Jane.x

Sorry that you are having to put up with moaning youngsters, as you say so many of them behave as though they are entitled, unfortunately as "us oldies" are all getting done now you are going to get more or the youngsters.  Remember most of us are enternally grateful for what you and your colleagues are doing for us.

Edited by Josy1953
Spelling
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Well Jane there's nothing up with your eye sight :classic_wink: Your not on your own with 

the Royle Family ,I love any of the old comedy series ,Open All Hours/ Porridge/

Last Of The Summer Wine/Only Fools & Horses/One Foot In The Grave . To mention 

A few, I could watch them all day long. Maybe I'm getting old but I'd rather watch the 

above than the newer  TV programs " My Grannies Breast Enlargement At 92 year old."

and other such weird stuff is not TV to me .Each to their own I suppose.

I hope you and your other half is keeping well and not getting to worn out with all this 

Jabbing your all doing a great job . I bet your getting ready for a break now ? 

Keep safe and take care :classic_love:

I agree, we have started watching the forces TV channel, watched 2 episodes of Please sir the other night. Can't beat th'owd uns.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

I’d agree with you. If we’re to have a Royal Family at all, I’d much prefer to see the slimmed down, much less costly Scandinavian or Netherlands model.

There does seem to be an awful lot of them. I did watch the crown. That couldn't possibly have any truth in it, could it?🤔

30 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

If something was said to Harry about what colour skin his baby would have,  (a) why on earth mention it to your wife?  (b)  There would be no way to tell what colour it would be

and (c) why does it matter?

Avril

• Like 4

the idea of cruising round UK coastal waters does not do anything for me at all.  I shall sit still and hope our October 19 nighter still goes.  After this accident, the idea of sunbathing on board in Greece is becoming more appealing.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Aulanis said:

I partly agree but there was no way you would get to Greece  without this first step to actually get on a cruise:)

Cruises to nowhere won't suit us but a round Britain cruise would be fine in summer, it is a positive step to going cruising again regardless of personal choice, bring it on.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

It is something that no-one with any self-respect would ever do.

Avril

Did you notice at the end when they thought the filming had stopped how Meghan's sad face suddenly started laughing uncontrollably followed by Harry doing the same.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Did you notice at the end when they thought the filming had stopped how Meghan's sad face suddenly started laughing uncontrollably followed by Harry doing the same.

They are trained to turn their smiles on and off.

• Like 3

I have been doing sales calls at convenience stores for 7 hours and just stopped now for lunch.

It has been mild today but the sky has darkened and rain is on the way.

Hope everyone has had a nice day and hopefully Eglesbrech and Jean are recovering well.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Afternoon all.  Recovery is going better than I expected.  I am Day 10 post op and managing to walk 200 yards twice a day.  Doing my exercises has become easier.   Hip and thigh just feel stiff, there is very little pain, but then I am a healthy little bunny!  Friday I get the clips out and am at last allowed a shower.  I am already managing on one crutch and can make my own coffee/tea etc. 

Hope to be able to work from home again from about 22nd March.  The dog is still sniffing round me and being very careful.  He obviously knows I'm not quite my usual self.

Glad to hear you are well on the road to recovery. As others have said take it slowly and take care.

43 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Glad to hear you are well on the road to recovery. As others have said take it slowly and take care.

Office has just told me that if I get a GP note saying I can return to work with restrictions, I can work from home from 22nd.  Yippee  I would be round the bend by then!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

I didn't watch it, but if that's what happened it says a lot doesn't it?

Avril

• Like 1