P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

As predicted it’s our least favourite pop group, Wet Wet Wet this morning and not much hope of it stopping before mid afternoon.  At least we were forewarned.  Haven’t got the forecast high winds at the mo though

So, our *thing to look forward to and keep spirits up* today, is The Repair Shop at 8pm tonight.  They didn’t show it last Wednesday - put our weekly routine all to ***** (I’ve realised that will be asterisked out.  Another word for rooster, or what you do to a gun before firing etc.  I don’t think that’s a rude phrase, is it?  Is it used everywhere or yet another of my archaic West Country sayings?)

Have a good day all.  Stay dry.  Best wishes to Eglesbrecht

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cold and wet here in Stoke this morning but the gales have not got here yet. 

I have been out for a walk this morning despite the weather because I have not managed a walk for the last 2 days due to my voluntary commitments.  I am now going to have a lazy day making some cards that I will need in the next few weeks and I have to finish a carrying cape that I am crocheting for my God-daughter's expected baby.

I hope that both Jean and Eglesbrech are feeling better this morning.

Stay well and safe everyone.

We got our form last week and I tried ringing for a paper copy only to be told that the line was busy and then it cut off. 

Wet,misty and windy down today, not as windy as it was last night but the local forecast has increased the expected wind speeds for later. 

Stay safe everyone.

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

You can complete the census anytime you like. I suspect the web site would implode if everyone tried to complete it in the 21st.

Complete it early, and if your circumstances change on the 21st (perhaps you suddenly become a Rastafarian) you go back on line and alter your information.

Rastacalised.🤣

You are all right, although the letter does say you should complete it on 21st March or as soon as poss. after.  You can do it before, but if things change you should 'let them know'.  I can see that working out!  If you can't do it online you have to phone an 0800  number for help.

I just need to make my mind up if either of us wants  to change gender or religion before 21st.  I wonder how many people deliberately answer the questions incorrectly?   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brian1 said:

Piers Morgan has fell on his sword.Love him or hate him,he made for exciting morning viewing,it's gonna be boring now.Boris can come out of the fridge at last.

I suspect it’s more of fall on your sword or we will sack you.

He has always been a bully and I admire Alex Beresford for standing up to him.

His dismissal of Meghan’s mental health problem doesn’t fit it in well with ITVs “Be Kind” mental health campaign so not surprising ITV took the action they have. They still have to face an OFCOM investigation after thousands of complaints were made about his comments on Monday & his attitude towards one of his co presenters yesterday in pushing her to stand up to show her mini skirt. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Snow Hill said:

I suspect it’s more of fall on your sword or we will sack you.

He has always been a bully and I admire Alex Beresford for standing up to him.

His dismissal of Meghan’s mental health problem doesn’t fit it in well with ITVs “Be Kind” mental health campaign so not surprising ITV took the action they have. They still have to face an OFCOM investigation after thousands of complaints were made about his comments on Monday & his attitude towards one of his co presenters yesterday in pushing her to stand up to show her mini skirt. 

No idea if she has or has had mental health issues, but most of her comments I take with a pinch of sort.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, lincslady said:

I wonder how many people deliberately answer the questions incorrectly?   

Or even how many accidentally answer incorrectly.

I am sure the ( cant remember the figure)   100,000   or so, illegal

immigrants will be only too pleased to complete it.

If not will that mean  £100,000,000  into the coffers?

Edited by Aulanis

11 minutes ago, lincslady said:

You are all right, although the letter does say you should complete it on 21st March or as soon as poss. after.  You can do it before, but if things change you should 'let them know'.  I can see that working out!  If you can't do it online you have to phone an 0800  number for help.

I just need to make my mind up if either of us wants  to change gender or religion before 21st.  I wonder how many people deliberately answer the questions incorrectly?   

With my job I access past censuses on a regular basis, people have always lied on the census form, either they age, their marital status or where they were born. I have scene a number of examples where the cat has been included on the census, protests are common as well, protests about tax, wife’s extravagant spending, suffragette often wrote no census without representation on forms. 

So writing Jedi as your religion is minor compared to what has gone on before. 

• Like 1

Cold, damp with increasing wind this morning, no I didn’t eat too many baked beans yesterday 😬

Had an evening out at my local A&E last night after blood pressure was much higher than it should have been and few chest pains. Bloods test showed no heart attack, but I do have tender skin across part of my chest which Dr believed maybe costochronditis inflammation of cartilage in rib cage, details passed to my GP, telephone consultation set up to discuss that and review of medication, plus possible BP monitoring. The joys of getting older! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Cold, damp with increasing wind this morning, no I didn’t eat too many baked beans yesterday 😬

Had an evening out at my local A&E last night after blood pressure was much higher than it should have been and few chest pains. Bloods test showed no heart attack, but I do have tender skin across part of my chest which Dr believed maybe costochronditis inflammation of cartilage in rib cage, details passed to my GP, telephone consultation set up to discuss that and review of medication, plus possible BP monitoring. The joys of getting older! 

Sorry to hear this.Glad no heart attack but still worrying.Take Care

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Good to hear it's not a heart attack. Hope GP gets things sorted soon.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Miserable day here but a good day as I am collecting a new car, very indulgent, but if I can't cruise I want something to cheer me up.

Yes I am collecting a new car on Friday, as the wife said "you cannot take it with you" and with the total of 5 cruises up to now being cancelled or never booked and 1 land based holiday we never had we have saved a fortune.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

No idea if she has or has had mental health issues, but most of her comments I take with a pinch of sort.

Take it with a big pinch of salt and dont forget she is an actress. What I cannot understand is seeing that they didnt get paid for the interview why did they do it and for Harry to be a part of "trashing" his family. You shouldnt wash your dirty linen in public.

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Yes - good you’re ok(ish)

I think someone else regular on this forum has had the same, recently.  Or perhaps a rellie?  Possibly Avril ... tho’ my memory might not be accurate

I was my daughter. So there's nothing wrong with your memory Eddie.

Avril

1 hour ago, bobstheboy said:

Miserable day here but a good day as I am collecting a new car, very indulgent, but if I can't cruise I want something to cheer me up.

You can't just leave it there. More details and a picture please!

54 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Sorry to hear about your trip to A & E but good news about no heart attack. Hope you feel better soon

Michelle

29 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Take it with a big pinch of salt and dont forget she is an actress. What I cannot understand is seeing that they didnt get paid for the interview why did they do it and for Harry to be a part of "trashing" his family. You shouldnt wash your dirty linen in public.

Perhaps he thought it was payback for how they treated his mother and empathised with her mental problems. Just saying🤔

7 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Perhaps he thought it was payback for how they treated his mother and empathised with her mental problems. Just saying🤔

The palace has said regarding Archie's colour ,they have a different version of what was said.

Thinking outside the box ..How many people have said " I wonder if the baby when born will

take after the dad or mum to be ?" in many families up and down the country?

Harry was the one who told Meg his version of what was said and has it been taken out of 

how it was meant by whoever said what.

Whilst talking about race and colour it's a pity Harry was not asked his feelings on when he 

got dressed up as Hitler or called an Asian soldier in his platoon a Paki and thought it ok to

do so . The palace's mantra is never complain or explain so if anything we will never find out 

what's going off .

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, kalos said:

The palace has said regarding Archie's colour ,they have a different version of what was said.

Thinking outside the box ..How many people have said " I wonder if the baby when born will

take after the dad or mum to be ?" in many families up and down the country?

Harry was the one who told Meg his version of what was said and has it been taken out of 

how it was meant by whoever said what.

Whilst talking about race and colour it's a pity Harry was not asked his feelings on when he 

got dressed up as Hitler or called an Asian soldier in his platoon a Paki and thought it ok to

do so . The palace's mantra is never complain or explain so if anything we will never find out 

what's going off .

I know one household who wouldn't even think to ask that kind of question in relation to colour. Not a thought that enters our head. Sorry to disagree.