P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Our CCTV system also covers all our house and records 24/7 for over a month 

that can be retrieved so can prove useful .A Story that springs to mind is one of 

suspected vandalism to our neighbours car that was parked in view of one of our

cameras . One nice sunny morning we were sat having a cuppa when we heard a

loud bang, we ran out to find that the neighbours driver side window was smashed.

At this point he came running out asking " Who had done that did we see who it was ?"

There was glass everywhere "If I get my hands on them I will kill them " he said.

On playing the CCTV back we found that one second it was there the next gone and 

no one to be seen . The guy who came to repair his car window said " It is not as

uncommon as we would think " he told us a slight fault in the glass  and he had seen 

this happen on very cold days as well as really hot ones . To this day our neighbour

says he was convinced someone had done his window until he saw for himself that 

was not what happened . 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Our house alarms would go off if anyone enters our property and a trusted neighbour has our keys.

Be a brave neighbour to go into the house with no back up!

3 hours ago, brian1 said:

Our Anglo Italian friend Mario and his wife Dawn live in Broadstairs.We are going there soon for a couple of nights.Never been there but I'm sure he'll find us a nice restaurant as he and his family own a famous coffee and ice cream chain in the area.We normally meet up in Italy but that's a few weeks away now.

I’m sure you’ll enjoy . I normally avoid weekends if I can but now I don’t have every Thursday and Friday off like I used to it’s difficult. I think I may know the ice cream place you mean, if it’s on the front there was a long queue outside yesterday! We stayed in the Royal Albion once with a fantastic sea view, it was fabulous.

Morning all, the promised sun has arrived and I’m writing this in the garden. 
Have done a bit of housework before I came out here. Don’t intend to do much else today except watch John cut the hedge 😀

Regarding social media I have one account which only my friends can see. Better not post on here my Lake District photos til I get home 🙄

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Graham, you’ve left a light on in the sitting room..........

Lol .

Pauline left the bathroom window open once and we noticed it when we checked the camera's when we were in the Airport lounge.

Fortunately our trusted friend closed the window for us when we rang them.👍😀

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Our CCTV system also covers all our house and records 24/7 for over a month 

that can be retrieved so can prove useful .A Story that springs to mind is one of 

suspected vandalism to our neighbours car that was parked in view of one of our

cameras . One nice sunny morning we were sat having a cuppa when we heard a

loud bang, we ran out to find that the neighbours driver side window was smashed.

At this point he came running out asking " Who had done that did we see who it was ?"

There was glass everywhere "If I get my hands on them I will kill them " he said.

On playing the CCTV back we found that one second it was there the next gone and 

no one to be seen . The guy who came to repair his car window said " It is not as

uncommon as we would think " he told us a slight fault in the glass  and he had seen 

this happen on very cold days as well as really hot ones . To this day our neighbour

says he was convinced someone had done his window until he saw for himself that 

was not what happened . 

Yes we have 28 days recording which is handy when the nasty neighbour is my BIL/SIL who are not our trusted house watchers ☹️

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

Just now, wowzz said:

No need for CCTV cameras around here. The neighbours see everything!

Our neighbours CCTV camera was quite useful last week as the neighbour could tell us that he had seen a deer running down our drive one night.I'm keeping a watch now in the hope of seeing it again!

• Like 5

We have had the strangest experience this morning at a local dealership.  When we were walking last night we passed a car and I said that I would really like to swap mine for one of those so we went to try to buy one today.  The salesman was fine up until he tried to explain financing options to us and OH told him that we weren't interested in finance because it would be a cash purchase, he then got quite stroppy saying that no-one buys cars without finance so we were obviously time wasters and then said he had no wish to continue with the sa!e.  Does anyone know if car salesmen get a bonus of something if they persuade customers to take out expensive financing ?

3 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

We have had the strangest experience this morning at a local dealership.  When we were walking last night we passed a car and I said that I would really like to swap mine for one of those so we went to try to buy one today.  The salesman was fine up until he tried to explain financing options to us and OH told him that we weren't interested in finance because it would be a cash purchase, he then got quite stroppy saying that no-one buys cars without finance so we were obviously time wasters and then said he had no wish to continue with the sa!e.  Does anyone know if car salesmen get a bonus of something if they persuade customers to take out expensive financing ?

yes finance kickbacks

4 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

It's not just kick backs, his KPIs will need to show he is promoting finance so if he does too many cash sales, his finance conversion percentage drops... 

Strange mindset, but it happens... 

Andy 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I would have spoken to his manager and said I was going to pay cash  but your salesman was rude and I am going elsewhere.

No salesman should talk to customers like that.

I have been a sales representative for 40 years.

Graham.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

It's not just kick backs, his KPIs will need to show he is promoting finance so if he does too many cash sales, his finance conversion percentage drops... 

Strange mindset, but it happens... 

Andy 

Thank you for explaining that to me, we have always been in the fortunate position of not needing finance for anything and had never come across this before.  I don't urgently require a car, mine is just coming up to a year old so normally I wouldn't be changing it.  David has suggested that we go to Stafford tomorrow and try to buy the one that I like from the dealership there but I don't think that I will bother now,  I will just take mine in next week as previously planned for it's first service.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

We have had the strangest experience this morning at a local dealership.  When we were walking last night we passbasied a car and I said that I would really like to swap mine for one of those so we went to try to buy one today.  The salesman was fine up until he tried to explain financing options to us and OH told him that we weren't interested in finance because it would be a cash purchase, he then got quite stroppy saying that no-one buys cars without finance so we were obviously time wasters and then said he had no wish to continue with the sa!e.  Does anyone know if car salesmen get a bonus of something if they persuade customers to take out expensive financing ?

Very poor show to say the least.  Bit surprising that he refused to sell you the car, thereby losing out on his commission on the cash price.  Maybe he felt that he could easily get another buyer who would be buying on finance and therefore get the commission on that as well.  Awful customer service though.

When we bought our current car, it was on finance,.  After collecting the car I re-did the sums.  Due to a recently matured investment, I had some money which I could only re-invest at considerably less than finance rate.  Re read the T & Cs for the car finance and applied the 14 day cooling off period and paid the car off in full.  It was a manufacturer's dealership and they were ok about it - they had to be I suppose.  They still touch base every now and then to see if I'm interested in replacing.

• Like 1

One of my relatives had a CCTV camera set up on the front of their house several years ago, very well hidden, they set it up because they were having problems with someone who was supposed to stay away from them. The lady checked her footage regularly  and discovered that a stranger was standing outside the house every night looking through a gap in the curtains into their front room where her university age daughter was studying in the early hours 😱

She called the police who took it very seriously, fitted a panic alarm and sent patrols round every evening. Eventually the guy was caught and given a restraining order. She checks her CCTV footage every day now. 
If they hadn’t had the cameras up they would never have known the daughter was being watched. 

Edited by SarahHben
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Thank you for explaining that to me, we have always been in the fortunate position of not needing finance for anything and had never come across this before.  I don't urgently require a car, mine is just coming up to a year old so normally I wouldn't be changing it.  David has suggested that we go to Stafford tomorrow and try to buy the one that I like from the dealership there but I don't think that I will bother now,  I will just take mine in next week as previously planned for it's first service.

I can understand salesmen get bonus’s or whatever but to say to you ‘no one buys with cash now’ is downright rude! We don’t normally buy for cash but had an inheritance to buy our last car.

I would go somewhere else !

I will never forget years ago at the Ideal Home exhibition a lady tried to get me to buy a DVD subscription I said (truthfully) I didn’t have a DVD player. As I walked away I heard her say ‘yeah right’ I kept walking but now I’d turn around and tell her it was the truth. How dare she assume!