P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Just now, brian1 said:

Us poor retired plumbers can't afford that place Bob.Some of the toffs over at Cunard might help.I'm sure that Port Royal bloke has probably been there,lol.

Lol !   I wouldn't usually pay that kind of money but it is a special occasion, our 25th wedding anniversary.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

I know I'm probably being paranoid, but with current technology,  if you post a photo of yourself on here, or any other forum, it is quite easy for unscrupulous individuals to identify you, and work out where you live.

Telling everyone what cruise you are on, including dates, obviously is not a great idea either, when coupled with your photo.

I may be a little over dramatic, but sometimes it is best not to share too much information to complete strangers.

Hmmm. Very good point you make there. I bet there are unscrupulous people checking out the Roll Calls right now. 😔

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bobstheboy said:

Lol !   I wouldn't usually pay that kind of money but it is a special occasion, our 25th wedding anniversary.

No worries,have a good time.The most we've paid is 200 quid for a suite with a patio overlooking lake Lugano on one of our drive backs.

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Morning everyone, lovely day here too. I was complaining about no sun a few days ago and yesterday it was so hot I was sat in the shade most of the day.

All four grandchildren slept last night, the three eldest are still asleep. Going to beach for a couple of hours today then bbq for tea tonight. 
Have a nice Bank Holiday everyone.

Michelle

Have a nice time, but don't forget to post some pictures of the grub. There are some gardening experts as well, so edit the pictures carefully 😂

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Our Anglo Italian friend Mario and his wife Dawn live in Broadstairs.We are going there soon for a couple of nights.Never been there but I'm sure he'll find us a nice restaurant as he and his family own a famous coffee and ice cream chain in the area.We normally meet up in Italy but that's a few weeks away now.

Brian . Don't you read folks posts. We now know you will be away from home stuffing your face at Mario's Gelato emporium and not at home. 😂

• Haha 1

Good morning I hope you are all well this morning and enjoyed yesterday that

seemed a nice day and I finally got our sun brolly out in between of taking the 

old oven out and fitting the new one in once it arrived . Mrs Kalos is happy  with 

it which means I am happy with it as well .:classic_smile: I was thinking about languages of 

other countries we visit when cruising or on holiday and wondered how many of 

us take the time out to learn the basics like thank you for the countries we are to

visit. I know a lot of visitors to our shores seem to take the time out to learn our 

language's basics. I thought I would try and learn a new language but I'm glad I

am not learning ours .Lets face it English can be  a stupid language

There is no egg in the eggplant. No ham in the hamburger and neither pine nor

apple in a  pineapple. English muffins were not invented in England French fries

were not invented in France, What's going on here ? :classic_unsure:
If we examine its paradoxes we find that, Quicksand takes you down very slowly
Boxing rings are square and a guinea pig is neither from Guinea nor is it a pig.
If a vegetarian eats vegetables then what the hell does a humanitarian eat ! ?
Why do people recite at a play yet play at a recital? We park on driveways and drive

on parkways You have to admire a language where a house can go up in flames as

It burns down. We can can be under the weather and the next day walking on sunshine ,

no wonder poor old Manuel out of Faulty Towers  says " qué " :classic_wacko:
We tell someone to take a seat ,where to? They never do ,they just sit on it .
Last night as night fell ,how come no one heard it and at the crack of dawn, no one

peered through it and when dawn broke as far as I'm aware nobody fixed it and it seemed

ok to me .The Strangest  one to me anyway is which you fill in a form by filling it out

We are part of the human race but no one is racing as we are not in a race at all .

It's just as good we all know what we are on about isn't . :classic_smile: Most important  though 

is that no matter how we say it you all stay safe and have a good day guys ,take care :classic_love:

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

10 hours ago, Bloodaxe said:

At one time I would have said the same but now realise that it depends on the meat

A really good steak is ruined if to well done, medium is now my choice, some other meats I still like well cooked.

Like many things it's all down to personal choice.

I agree. It's strange how tastes change over the years. I used to love lamb, roast beef or a nice (well done😉) steak, but now it doesn't appeal to me at all. The only beef I eat now is in a stirfry or pasta dish. I much prefer pork, chicken or fish. Frank doesn't like pork, so the only time I eat it is on a cruise. I don't know what I'm missing more, the cruising or the lovely pork😁

Avril

4 minutes ago, kalos said:

old oven out and fitting the new one in once it arrived . Mrs Kalos is happy  with 

it which means I am happy with it as well .:classic_smile: I was thinking about languages of 

us take the time out to learn the basics like thank you for the countries we are to

visit. I know a lot of visitors to our shores seem to take the time out to learn our 

language's basics. 

The customer, he say to me ' can I get roast beef '. No mister, I get it for you, I am waiter.     Some people's...crikey😂

• Haha 1

Good morning - still hazy here, but will be hot and sunny fairly soon.

Regarding Yorkshires - I believe they used to be served first with onion gravy to fill up the kids before having to give them lots of the expensive meat?  They seem to be served with pork , lamb, etc. nowadays - IMO they are just the thing with beef;  mint sauce or redcurrant with lamb, and apple sauce and stuffing with pork?  It is difficult to serve them newly out of the oven and crispy, especially I guess in restaurants.

Regarding safety - I think I am perhaps over-private and paranoid, but do not use my real name or give much clue as to where I live on here.  It seems less friendly, but maybe safer?  And could not do pics. anyway, being computer-dopy.

I hope everyone has a sunny happy Bank Holiday Monday.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bloodaxe said:

Yorksire Puddings without gravy, never, the best way is the real Yorkshire way with lashings of Onion Gravy has a starter.

That's the 'proper' Yorkshire way, fill you up with pudding first so you didn't eat much of the expensive meat. We had ours with the dinner, and mum would make small puddings, put them on my plate, then fill each one with the vegetables, potatoes and meat, then cover the lot with lovely, thick Bisto gravy. My mouth's watering just thinking about it.

Avril

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Brian . Don't you read folks posts. We now know you will be away from home stuffing your face at Mario's Gelato emporium and not at home. 😂

We knew when you were away in Cornwall too Zap😁

Avril

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, kalos said:

language's basics. I thought I would try and learn a new language but I'm glad I

am not learning ours .Lets face it English can be  a stupid language

There is no egg in the eggplant. No ham in the hamburger and neither pine nor

apple in a  pineapple. English muffins were not invented in England French fries

were not invented in France, What's going on here ? :classic_unsure:
If we examine its paradoxes we find that, Quicksand takes you down very slowly
Boxing rings are square and a guinea pig is neither from Guinea nor is it a pig.
If a vegetarian eats vegetables then what the hell does a humanitarian eat ! ?
Why do people recite at a play yet play at a recital? We park on driveways and drive

on parkways You have to admire a language where a house can go up in flames as

It burns down. We can can be under the weather and the next day walking on sunshine ,

We tell someone to take a seat ,where to? They never do ,they just sit on it .
Last night as night fell ,how come no one heard it and at the crack of dawn, no one

peered through it and when dawn broke as far as I'm aware nobody fixed it and it seemed

ok to me .The Strangest  one to me anyway is which you fill in a form by filling it out

We are part of the human race but no one is racing as we are not in a race at all .

It's just as good we all know what we are on about isn't . :classic_smile: Most important  though 

is that no matter how we say it you all stay safe and have a good day guys ,take care :classic_love:

Kalos, that has to be your best post yet. I'm still laughing.🤣

Avril

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, zap99 said:

Silly me, I won't make that mistake when we go to Dorset in 3 weeks😂

.....and if you think no-one knows what you look like, you posted some on the photos thread recently, but I won't tell anyone.🤐

Avril

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, lincslady said:

being computer-dopy.

I use my laptop all the time but I  would honestly say I'm a bit of a technophobe.  I couldn't sort a problem or learn something new from reading.  I have to be shown.. more than once.

I much prefer "computer-dopey and will use that in future.. so long as its not copywrited.🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, zap99 said:

Silly me, I won't make that mistake when we go to Dorset in 3 weeks😂

Well if you post your card details I will come and guard your house until  you

get back . 

PS ..Leave the door key under dustbin for me :classic_smile:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, kalos said:

Well if you post your card details I will come and guard your house until  you

get back . 

PS ..Leave the door key under dustbin for me :classic_smile:

There's this Nigerian prince who takes care of the house and accounts when we are away. He feeds our lions  as well and looks after the fish in the moat. Nice little fishes came all the way from the Amazon.🤣

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

I use my laptop all the time but I  would honestly say I'm a bit of a technophobe.  I couldn't sort a problem or learn something new from reading.  I have to be shown.. more than once.

I much prefer "computer-dopey and will use that in future.. so long as its not copywrited.🤣

I was told by my boss at work that I reminded him of a computer ..Left alone for 15 minutes 

and I would go to sleep :classic_unsure:

Regardless of if you are PC savvy or not the most important thing is your password .

I was using "FORTNIGHT"  and my laptop told me it was "too weak"  It seems my 

laptop is good with dates but crap at spelling :classic_wacko::classic_unsure:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good post thanks.

We never go on any other social media sites.

I only post on CC and TripAdvisor.

Fortunately I have CCTV cameras around our house and can check them on my phone app from anywhere in the world.

Graham.

Playing devil's advocate, I'm not sure how much use CCTV cameras are, if someone breaks in at 2 in the morning, while you are sound asleep in your cabin in the Mediterranean? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Playing devil's advocate, I'm not sure how much use CCTV cameras are, if someone breaks in at 2 in the morning, while you are sound asleep in your cabin in the Mediterranean? 

Our house alarms would go off if anyone enters our property and a trusted neighbour has our keys.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Our house alarms would go off if anyone enters our property and a trusted neighbour has our keys.

When a car alarm goes off in our road, it seems to take an age before anyone attends to it🤔

• Haha 1