P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

10 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Good day everyone, just catching up on here with you all and I’ve just read Sharon’s post about the thread not moving yet 🙏 very happy with that . Seems a few of us have been having problems with bees and neighbours, mine is my grandchildren from last Sunday my granddaughter (8) fell balancing on poles up at the beach front , with suspected broken pelvis and wrist, waited over 2 hrs for ambulance which never turned up anyway sea rescue came to help in the end and made assessment to get her in the car to hospital but good news was she was ok in the end but very nasty bruises and lessons learned,  so this week now it’s my grandson who’s in hospital now , he 14 has cerebral palsy and fell at school and smashed his face in with a possible broken noise 😤 , and then there’s my father in law , with his plastered arm hurting him at the top and bottom of wrist decided he would cut some off with scissors 😡 which left it all jagged and sharp which cut him so I had to take him to hospital for a complete new cast  , so they say it comes in 3’s , hopefully things will look up for next week and you get your fence sorted out for your party next week sue .

Oh dear.Sounds like you need a cruise! Take Care

• Like 3

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

16°C cloudy with light rain.

We had a run out to the lakes and went over Kirkstone Pass.

IMG_20210528_163148.jpg

IMG_20210528_161524.jpg

IMG_20210528_160624.jpg

Went over there in 1971 in a Mini Traveller, with 4 of us inside. Just about managed to get to the top without overheating, but coming down was worse! Had to decide whether to sacrifice the gear box or the brake pads! 

Happy days.  

• Like 5

8 hours ago, peteukmcr said:

Good afternoon all. Hope everyone is recovering from their illnesses and injuries.

I was going to post earlier but have been reorganising my life as my main job wants me back off furlough. So need to sort out my temp job (hate letting people down at short notice), rearranging plans in the pipeline (only yesterday we were told to plan to the date on our letter confirming furlough, which was 30th Sept!).

Not too happy really as still on enforced part time and reduced pay until July, that's when I wanted to go back. But beggars can't be choosers.

Only highlight is that we are sailing on Marella Explorer 2 at a colleagues concession rate (they work for TUI) in July. Will be nice to see what the old Celebrity Century ship is like now.

Right better go rearrange something else as this coming weekend will be my last on the Covid Mobile Testing Unit.

Thank you for helping with the fight against covid.You deserve the concession rate on Marella Explorer2. Enjoy the cruise! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bloodaxe said:

They did, he was in a real panic, he was the sort that tried many things but rarely made made a good job and then gave up.

He has passed on but his Son still lives there and he is even worse, the Garden is like a jungle, he says it's a wildlife garden, I say he is bone idle.

Could be worse,he could have tried lion taming.

• Haha 1

Good morning hope everyone is feeling good today :classic_smile: The weather is certainly 

improving as the days go by around here anyway . A bank holiday with nice weather,

who would have thought it?:classic_unsure: Things seem to be getting better as I even managed

to get into my dentist practice yesterday, I haven't seen him for almost two years due 

to the lockdown ,so will be needing a bit of work done . He said he'd need to do an

impression of my mouth first. Next minute he hid his teeth behind his lips and said

"How does this look?":classic_ohmy: ( He didn't really:classic_smile:) Sorry to read on here that some people

are not turning up for their second jabs !  How stupid is that ?  I wonder if they are the 

same people who book a dozen seats at a restaurant and then fail to turn up, wasting 

other peoples time and costing money ! Strange people !  Regardless of them I hope

the virus and varient's keep going down. Last night I thought I would have a look  at 

my old film collection :classic_love:  Have you ever played the film  Jaws backwards ?  You should

it is a heartwarming story about a kind shark who gives arms & legs to people with

missing arms and legs .:classic_smile: Sometimes I think I watch far too much telly even my 

dreams have adverts in them now :classic_wacko: so I think I may get out in the garden and test 

drive our new sun brolly ,the one I bought before it rained for 40days & 40 nights :classic_sad:

Whatever your getting up to today ,stay safe and take care :classic_love::classic_smile:

• Like 11
  • Haha 3

Morning kalos.  Enjoy that parasol! 🏖 

Lovely morning here, presaging a lovely day, we hope.  The roads are busy, so people from elsewhere are coming down to get a shot of our lovely scenery and beaches.  
We’re going to do a long walk this morning and then have an invitation to a brewery re-opening, with free drinks and pizza.  🍻 🍕 Sounds a nice way to while away the afternoon 

Enjoy the sun everyone.  Hope we all get to see some ☀️ 

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I have done a vaccination volunteer shift this afternoon, we had 300 booked in but 24 did not show up, we stayed open for an extra 15 minutes in the hope that some were just late but unfortunately not.  4 wasted vaccines because everyone in attendance had already had both doses.  It was AZ and the doctors stopped drawing up when it became clear that we were going to have no shows because some were already up to an hour late.  This is the first time that this has happened at this particular surgery.  Why do people make appointments for the vaccine and not keep them ?

That’s awful. I’ve seen too on the BBC Wales news that many people aren’t turning up. However in our area anyway people don’t actually make appointments - we’re just sent a letter with a set time about 14-18 days beforehand. I wonder whether some letters get lost in the post or possibly some people just put them aside and forget or perhaps they go to a previous address in the case of students. With the younger groups now, I’m sure that a text message would work better. 

• Like 1

Good morning Kalos and Eddie, it’s a bit cloudy here at the moment but I can see the sun coming out soon . I’m going to stay in the garden today and do some gardening and hopefully get a little tan ready for my cruise next month, not going anywhere near the beach this bank holiday weekend the traffic been very busy here so visitors are down here , so it’s gardening, hot tub , and bbq this afternoon.

Have a good bank holiday everyone 🌞😎

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Good morning Kalos and Eddie, it’s a bit cloudy here at the moment but I can see the sun coming out soon . I’m going to stay in the garden today and do some gardening and hopefully get a little tan ready for my cruise next month, not going anywhere near the beach this bank holiday weekend the traffic been very busy here so visitors are down here , so it’s gardening, hot tub , and bbq this afternoon.

Sounds like my day today too except the bbq, that’s tmoro.
The hotels are busy and the main shopping street looked busier than normal yesterday. Pictures were posted last night on a local site of busy motorways coming our way.

Daughter and grandchildren are coming tmoro and staying over which we are looking forward to.

Going to an outdoor Cher tribute tonight at Lowther Hall, bring your picnic chairs, picnic & prosecco type evening. What a nice change it will be to do something different 

Have a lovely bank holiday everyone 

Michelle

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

OMG,that's 3 dangerous pastimes.Sharp gardening tools,hot water and hot coals.Do you feel lucky today.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Many years ago I used to see a lot of tribute bands but I cannot remember where

I saw Cher but 🎶If I could Turn Back Time  🎶  I might remember:classic_unsure:

Lovely new avatar by the way :classic_smile:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kalos said:

Many years ago I used to see a lot of tribute bands but I cannot remember where

I saw Cher but 🎶If I could Turn Back Time  🎶  I might remember:classic_unsure:

Lovely new avatar by the way :classic_smile:

Hahaha!! I wish I could turn back time, to be about thirty again would be fab!!! 
Not bothered if the tribute isn’t great, just looking forward to going out and doing something different 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

The hotels are busy and the main shopping street looked busier than normal yesterday. Pictures were posted last night on a local site of busy motorways coming our way.

Daughter and grandchildren are coming tmoro and staying over which we are looking forward to.

Going to an outdoor Cher tribute tonight at Lowther Hall, bring your picnic chairs, picnic & prosecco type evening. What a nice change it will be to do something different 

Michelle

Fab photo Michelle. You look lovely. Have a great weekend and hope the Cher tribute is good. Jane.x

• Like 1

Good morning everyone. 

I awoke to fog this morning. Not surprising really, the ground was wet and the temperature around 15c, like being in a sauna earlier on. The sun's burning it back now , so a good day is in the offing. Nothing much planned for today, just the continuing garden tidy up and constant battle against the weeds because of the awful weather that kept us indoors while they flourished. We might even manage a little relaxation in the the sun before Kalos puts up his parasol and brings the rain in 😁.

I have to admit to being a little concerned about the missed 2nd dose appointments. I have a positive attitude, but I'm also a realist, and can't help but worry about the possible outcome of appointments missed or refused, the Indian varient and a sunny Bank Holiday weekend. A recipe for disaster if we're not careful. 

Nice to see Michelle's (Peanut) new avatar. We are gradually showing our faces and I wonder how many of us recognise them from past cruises. I haven't yet, but I hope to in the near future.

Have a lovely Bank Holiday everyone whatever you're up to. Stay safe and take care.x

Avril

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

Sounds like a great weekend ahead Michelle and what a bonus that you should stay dry. Enjoy the music and the Prosecco tonight.

Lovely photo by the way.

Gill x

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

Have a great time tonight I enjoy those outside music and picnic advents and have a wonderful time with your daughter and grandchildren tomorrow. Nice to put a picture to your name 😎

2 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

Sounds like you have a fantastic bank holiday weekend arranged Michelle.

I like your new avatar photo too.

Graham.