P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

5 hours ago, Angel57 said:

It would be great if this thread could be kept going in it’s current location as it always feels like chatting to old friends.
When you return back to the ship many of the P&O Captains will say “welcome home” and that is just what this thread feels like.

But I do appreciate you may have no say in the option of where it remains Sharon and we have all appreciated you keeping it going and occasionally having to keep us all in line!

Gill

Aah I love it when the Captain says that, really hope I hear that next year!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, zap99 said:

Just about to watch some program on 4+1 that DW has been banging on about. First glass of Chianti coming up. Seedy Ladies just brought back memories🤣

Ooh, you are awful, but I do like you.😉

Avril

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you for your reply.

I'm sure all of us on here pray that this thread will stay on the main boards for ease of access to the thread.

Graham.

Graham. It would nice if it stays, but those threads that have moved seem to have pretty much died. Would be nice, doesn't mean I will do much hoping, or praying to Cruise critic .CC as a commercial enterprise will do as they see fit. Advertisers will do the same.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I agree Sarah.

I am the only UK poster on the 2 Floataway lounge threads I post on and I think this thread will be lost on there unfortunately.

Graham.

Other cruise forums have had a similar thread, but has not seemed as popular, helpful, friendly, and nowhere the amount of posts as this one. They seem to have drifted off, but ours is going strong, which proves how important it still is.

Avril

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Yes, this thread brings us to the P&O part of the forum, and while we are here we post on other threads.

If this thread moves away, people will have less reason to visit, and the whole area starts to wither away 

One possibility could be to leave well enough alone and let it die a natural death. As people post on it less, it will just gradually drift down the threads on its own. 

Avril

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Other cruise forums have had a similar thread, but has not seemed as popular, helpful, friendly, and nowhere the amount of posts as this one. They seem to have drifted off, but ours is going strong, which proves how important it still is.

Avril

That's the problem "if it's out of the way ,they go away " and they will . The same happened in the "Lets smile thread "  It got to where I was almost posting to myself  and rarely visit it now .

Sharon has made it clear ,it's out of her hands so lets not shoot the messenger .

It's in the hands of  cruise critic  now to decide if our thread is welcome or not :classic_unsure: and we cannot question it as we are only posters and not owners of the site .

Nice while it lasted !

Edited by kalos
  • Like 7

35 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Graham. It would nice if it stays, but those threads that have moved seem to have pretty much died. Would be nice, doesn't mean I will do much hoping, or praying to Cruise critic .CC as a commercial enterprise will do as they see fit. Advertisers will do the same.

I was looking for Black Tie night and there is still an open thread from 2018 and another from 2010 which is now closed to posts.

I post on 2 Floataway lounge threads and it is easy to miss a day or two then it takes a while to find the thread.

I have seen numerous threads disappear quite quickly on RC forums.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, kalos said:

That's the problem "if it's out of the way ,they go away " and they will . The same happened in the 

"Lets smile thread "  It got to where I was almost posting to myself  and rarely visit it now .

Sharon has made it clear ,it's out of her hands so lets not shoot the messenger .

It's in the hands of  cruise critic  now to decide if our thread is welcome or not :classic_unsure: and we 

cannot question it as we are only posters and not owners of the site . Nice while it lasted !

I used to post on there too. It was a good thread that kept us smiling, but when it was moved it was a pain to keep going backwards and forwards between the the Pub and the P&O forum that I gave up in the end. 

Our happy little thread has suddenly become very sad now😟

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
added text
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

Host Sharon, I think the consensus of opinion is to please leave this thread here.

We promise to be good and if not, you can put us on the naughty step. 

But as Sharon says, the decision is not hers to make. The US will make the decision, and we as just a  mere 60 or 70 individuals,  don't count for much in the scheme of things.

• Like 7

Having read the above were to post message I will no longer be posting on this thread has I am not a P and O cruiser

That's what I wrote the other day and It seems that I was probable corrected in my assumption, it was nice while it lasted but nothing is forever. Bye all,

Eric

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, wowzz said:

But as Sharon says, the decision is not hers to make. The US will make the decision, and we as just a  mere 60 or 70 individuals,  don't count for much in the scheme of things.

That is true. Everything has to fit the corporate mould or it gets crushed. Quite a few now use other discussion forums where open discussion on any subject is encouraged, but this was always a friendly bunch of people too. I’m surprised that any commercial enterprise would go out of its way to lose such an active group, but so be it. It would be quite easy, if there were a demand, to meet elsewhere, on another forum.

• Like 3

Don't tell anyone but I've only cruised P&O once but I like the company here.I didn't have as much fun on the Princess and Marella boards.It aint gone yet so stay.Cheers,Brian.

3 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

Having read the above were to post message I will no longer be posting on this thread has I am not a P and O cruiser

That's what I wrote the other day and It seems that I was probable corrected in my assumption, it was nice while it lasted but nothing is forever. Bye all,

Eric

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

Eric

Eric, that’s a great shame and I hope you’ll reconsider. We’ve all valued your contributions. I find it very sad indeed that contributors feel forced off a forum like that, when everyone else wants them to stay.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

Thank you for reposting, sorry I missed it the first time! 

That did make me laugh, you having to carry teddy too. It's like a military operation isn't it? 

We've had a bit of a day of it so far, just sat down for a quick cuppa while little one is in bed. We were just getting up this morning when our daughter called to say her car had broke down this morning so we had to dash out and drive to hers to pick grandson up, hadn't even had time to brush my hair and clean my teeth. It took over an hours round trip with rush hour traffic. Then after breakfast and morning routine I got everything ready to take him in the garden, our house is a town house with lounge upstairs, so I'd packed a bag of toys, books, sun cream, sunhat etc. Went down to garden, applied suncream, replaced sunhat half a dozen times, got his slide out and got dive bombed by bees! Lots coming out from under our summer house. Took me ages to get it all back indoors again, gave up and walked to the park. We're trying to get hold of someone to come and see if they  can do something about the bees 🙄

Did you have any luck, Sarah?  Funnily enough we’ve had to get a beekeeper out this afternoon - a swarm on the back of the house, with a few strays somehow getting in. Beekeeper arrived, but without a long enough ladder, so if they haven’t gone by Tuesday he’ll come back with a longer one.

Windows closed for a while, but fortunately bees are rarely aggressive. 

1 hour ago, Host Sharon said:

Sorry but if it has to move it won't be up to me or my decision.

I accept that Sharon, and reading between the lines, my guess is that you would be happy if the post you started stayed here. If my guess is correct, could I please ask that you make representations to the powers that be on our behalf, possibly using the last couple of pages to support the case. If the answer is still no, at least we will know that we have tried and been unsuccessful. Thanks. 🙂

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

That is true. Everything has to fit the corporate mould or it gets crushed. Quite a few now use other discussion forums where open discussion on any subject is encouraged, but this was always a friendly bunch of people too. I’m surprised that any commercial enterprise would go out of its way to lose such an active group, but so be it. It would be quite easy, if there were a demand, to meet elsewhere, on another forum.

I'm trying to be diplomatic here - suffice it to say that CC is very much the epitome of a major corporation, despite the best efforts of some excellent mods, such as Sharon.

2 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Did you have any luck, Sarah?  Funnily enough we’ve had to get a beekeeper out this afternoon - a swarm on the back of the house, with a few strays somehow getting in. Beekeeper arrived, but without a long enough ladder, so if they haven’t gone by Tuesday he’ll come back with a longer one.

Windows closed for a while, but fortunately bees are rarely aggressive. 

That’s a shame he couldn’t sort it out today for you Harry.

My husband spoke to someone on the phone who said it sounded like we’ve got honey bees but told us to send us a photo. We’re still waiting for him to get back to us.

I wouldn’t be so worried if we didn’t have a one year old here most days.

I’m hoping we hear something tomorrow.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bloodaxe said:

Eric

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

Don't tell anyone but I've only cruised P&O once but I like the company here.I didn't have as much fun on the Princess and Marella boards.It aint gone yet so stay.Cheers,Brian.

I’m a real intruder, I have not stepped foot on a cruise ship...yet! 

I hope you keep posting.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

I’m a real intruder, I have not stepped foot on a cruise ship...yet! 

I hope you keep posting.

I hope all the nice people who have been posting including yourself Sarah keep posting.

• Like 9

24 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

That’s a shame he couldn’t sort it out today for you Harry.

My husband spoke to someone on the phone who said it sounded like we’ve got honey bees but told us to send us a photo. We’re still waiting for him to get back to us.

I wouldn’t be so worried if we didn’t have a one year old here most days.

I’m hoping we hear something tomorrow.

Hope he gets to you soon, Sarah.  So long as nobody disturbs them they'll probably not bother you, though - I'm sure you'll keep your little grandson well clear!

Ours aren't causing any real problem at the moment - they're quite high up towards the roof, and I don't think there's any way in from there.  The guy who called earlier thought they might just move on somewhere more suitable to them, and the numbers have decreased (unless they're all inside somewhere!).  It's the change in the weather that's done it - ours was the second swarm he'd been called out to since lunchtime.  At least they're honey bees, so beekeepers are interested in having them.  We have a purposefully bee-friendly garden - it's the price we pay!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

How is Michelle Andy?.

I hope she is feeling a lot better now.

Graham.

Thank you for asking Graham. 

She has just had me mowing the lawn at 8pm after a hard day's work, even though the grass is still too wet... 

So yes, normality has resumed...😊

Andy 

• Like 9
  • Haha 2