P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

34 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Welcome back Zap. How was the cruise?

Avril

Thanks Avril. Cruise was fine, but a bit busier than the last one, but still fine. That's 2 staycations on Britannia now, so the next one is on Iona in 3 weeks.🛳️🤣

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Thanks Avril. Cruise was fine, but a bit busier than the last one, but still fine. That's 2 staycations on Britannia now, so the next one is on Iona in 3 weeks.🛳️🤣

You are quite right, make hay while the sun shines. I think winter will be tough so we all need to make the most of any chances for a holiday while things are relatively opened up.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Unbelievable  - we had the odd spell when the temperature hit 38c, and that was miserable enough.

People don't realise our part of Italy is on the same latitude as Athens.It has reached 50+ in our back garden but that's in the blazing sun shining on a cheapo barometer,lol.Main thing as you know is that my OH has to try and keep out of the sun due to her BCC.Cheers,Brian.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, brian1 said:

People don't realise our part of Italy is on the same latitude as Athens.It has reached 50+ in our back garden but that's in the blazing sun shining on a cheapo barometer,lol.Main thing as you know is that my OH has to try and keep out of the sun due to her BCC.Cheers,Brian.

Yes, the 38c was in the shade,  so goodness knows what the temperature in the sun was. 

I'm the same as your wife - try and avoid the sun due to my BCC history.

• Like 2

A sweet grandmother telephoned St. Joseph's Hospital. She timidly asked, "Is it possible to speak to someone who can tell me how a patient is doing?"
The operator said, "I'll be glad to help, dear. What's the name and room number of the patient?"
The grandmother in her weak, tremulous voice said, Norma Findlay, Room 302."
The operator replied, "Let me put you on hold while I check with the nurse's station for that room."
After a few minutes, the operator returned to the phone and said,
"I have good news. Her nurse just told me that Norma is doing well. Her
blood pressure is fine; her blood work just came back normal and her
Physician, Dr. Cohen, has scheduled her to be discharged tomorrow."
The grandmother said, "Thank you. That's wonderful. I was so worried. God bless you for the good News."
The operator replied, "You're more than welcome. Is Norma your daughter?"
The grandmother said, "No, I'm Norma Findlay in Room 302. No one tells me anything."
  • Like 2
  • Haha 13

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

That is not a pleasant temperature at all.  Very nasty all these fires in Greece, Italy etc.

Someone remind me when the 2023 summer cruises are out.  I am thinking of moving April 2022 a year.

Normally about mid September, but things aint what they used to be so unless Moley lets on we will have to wait. We have a cruise in Jan 22 and are now considering pushing that on if the new cruises are out before we pay our balance.

Just now, yorkshirephil said:

Normally about mid September, but things aint what they used to be so unless Moley lets on we will have to wait. We have a cruise in Jan 22 and are now considering pushing that on if the new cruises are out before we pay our balance.

Yes, I am not prepared to cruise wearing masks and being forced to go on excursions, so I expect that' what we will do. 

It's  a lovely day here with bright sunshine to dry the washing.

David said that he would like curry for dinner tonight so I dug out my Indian recipe book and I have been for walk to the Asian supermarket to get some ingredients. I had forgotten how cheap that place is compared to Tesco and Sainsburys.

20210812_132256.jpg

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

That is not a pleasant temperature at all.  Very nasty all these fires in Greece, Italy etc.

Someone remind me when the 2023 summer cruises are out.  I am thinking of moving April 2022 a year.

We are thinking of moving March 2022 to April 2023.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

We are thinking of moving March 2022 to April 2023.

Looks like we all feel feel rather the same. 

I also make real Indian curry.  Have about 3 different books.  Nothing like making it from scratch.  I buy my ingredients on Ebay usually, much cheaper than any supermarket.  No Asian grocer near.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

Hope everyone has been kind to my stand-in? Just back from a wonderful two weeks on Saga's newest ship. All I can say is watch out P&O.  SOoooo good to be back on board a cruise ship!

Welcome back Sharon.

I'm pleased you had a wonderful cruise.

Hattie was lovely.

Graham.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, zap99 said:

Pleased you had a great time Zap.

Was the lunchtime buffet open or were all meals served to your table?

20 hours ago, SarahHben said:

It’s lovely when they arrive in the morning and equally lovely when they leave in the evening 😂 

Absolutely 😊 He is a little darling but it’s definitely harder when you get older!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

It's  a lovely day here with bright sunshine to dry the washing.

David said that he would like curry for dinner tonight so I dug out my Indian recipe book and I have been for walk to the Asian supermarket to get some ingredients. I had forgotten how cheap that place is compared to Tesco and Sainsburys.

20210812_132256.jpg

Where’s the recipe gone. 

24 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Pleased you had a great time Zap.

Was the lunchtime buffet open or were all meals served to your table?

Buffet was open. This time you helped yourself to tea & coffee but went up to the counter where you pointed and they plated it for you. A bit more relaxed, but still quite Covid friendly. I don't know how many passengers. Last time 1800, I would guess about 2100 this time.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, zap99 said:

Buffet was open. This time you helped yourself to tea & coffee but went up to the counter where you pointed and they plated it for you. A bit more relaxed, but still quite Covid friendly. I don't know how many passengers. Last time 1800, I would guess about 2100 this time.

Thanks Zap.

40 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Absolutely 😊 He is a little darling but it’s definitely harder when you get older!!

It most certainly is!!

A couple of weeks ago we had our grandchildren four days three nights, aged 3 to 13.

To say I was tired was an understatement, I def needed a cruise afterwards but I wouldn’t have had the energy to get ready and pack!! 

Michelle

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oops!, I have final balance to pay by tomorrow and I forgot to cancel it, nah, just can't be bothered and anyway it was a very low deposit. The good news is my lateral flow test this morning was negative again and the home kidney function test result was normal. It turns out you don't need a smartphone to use it, just a mobile phone to receive the verification code text. Any smart device that runs apple or google apps and has a camera can do it, say a friends phone "will you just hold this cup while I pee into it thanks" Your actual ID is in a QR code embedded in the colourful dotted test board the app scans. 😁

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

Oops!, I have final balance to pay by tomorrow and I forgot to cancel it, nah, just can't be bothered and anyway it was a very low deposit. The good news is my lateral flow test this morning was negative again and the home kidney function test result was normal. It turns out you don't need a smartphone to use it, just a mobile phone to receive the verification code text. Any smart device that runs apple or google apps and has a camera can do it, say a friends phone "will you just hold this cup while I pee into it thanks" Your actual ID is in a QR code embedded in the colourful dotted test board the app scans. 😁

You surely need to cancel though otherwise you will be due to pay 50% or have I misread this?