P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

9 hours ago, brian1 said:

Bit stressed at the mo.It's a constant high 30s low 40s in Calabria now.Helicopters and planes scooping water just off the beach for small wildfires in the mountains are common this time of year but there has been a serious fire now for a few days.We are quite a way from this but our Italian neighbour at the end of our complex is bombarding me with emails about the Russians garden inbetween us which has grown into a tinderbox jungle cos they haven't been there for 18 months due to covid.I'm now conducting negotiations between Moscow,our gardener and the irate neighbour,I feel like bloody Henry Kissinger.On top of this my BIL has got his completion date for his move from Canvey to Upminster on the 20th.We have POA  due to his onset of dementure.We're dumping all his goods and chatels and taking him and the immediate family to Portsmouth on the 21st for my OH's belated birthday .When all this is over we can finally drive to Italy for 3 months and chill out as long as our house hasn't burnt down.Cheers,Brian.

Brian, this got lost a bit amongst impending birthdays, cruises and weddings

It’s really serious, isn’t it, in so many places on the Continent?  I see the original games site, at Olympus, is threatened, so that means my favourite Greek cruise stop at Katakolon must be in danger too

I’ll shut up because I don’t want to get too heavy.   I hope your property will be alright, and all your good neighbours out there

• Like 8

31 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Thank you all so much for your holiday and birthday wishes - you are a great group of people and I totally appreciate you all.  Jane.xxxxx

We appreciate you too Jane.

Best wishes for a fantastic cruise.

Graham x

15 hours ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning Everyone

Well it's finally here. One more sleep and we're on our way. I have booked a taxi to take us to Southampton which will arrive at 8.30am and, once poured into said taxi, we're on our way for a week on Virtuosa.  The weather forecast is abysmal, which I'm very disappointed about, so I hope Virtuosa has enough to keep a 15 and a 12 year-old occupied and entertained.  I think the reality of being in sole charge of those two is just setting in. Am I mad or what? No chance of quiet days on the (very wet) balcony for me! 

I will be celebrating my birthday on Sunday. I will be an official Senior Citizen, with a pension, on 8th August and I'm sitting here scratching my head and wondering where all those years went. Surely I'm only 36 not 66!

I'm very much looking forward to seeing Iona tomorrow too. I know some of you are on her, or travelling down to see her, so give us a wave won't you.

Today, I 'm dropping Teddy off to his carer for the week (I'll miss him terribly), then we're going on to my surgery for the girls to get their lateral flow tests done ( please God negative), then last minute shopping (umbrellas and raincoats if today is anything to go by - it's chucking it down here), and finally out to dinner with my daughter, son-in-law, and the girls.

Sorry this is all about me me me. I hope you are all keeping safe and well. Look after yourselves and stay safe. Best wishes to all. Jane.xxxx

Have a fabulous time Jane! As Sarah says the seacation cruises have chased the sun, I regularly see pictures in ‘other places’ on blue skies and it’s raining here! 

I will give you a wave if I see Virtuosa but Iona  doesn’t leave to about 9pm!! Eek so not sure I’ll see you sail  out.

Have a lovely birthday and I look forward to your report back.

3 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

It’s really serious, isn’t it, in so many places on the Continent?  I see the original games site, at Olympus, is threatened, so that means my favourite Greek cruise stop at Katakolon must be in danger too

I’ll shut up because I don’t want to get too heavy.   I hope your property will be alright, and all your good neighbours out there

Yes I echo this Brian. An old school friend of mine lives in Turkey and has had to flee! Terrible. Hope all is ok with your place and your friends.

11 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Well I am very excited at the moment. I am at Barony Castle in Peebles for a wedding at 1pm today.
We arrived yesterday, it’s so nice to be away and the setting for the wedding is fab!!

Just having a coffee then going to get ready and get dressed up for a change. I am so looking forward to today, this is the third rebooking for the wedding what with Covid. 

Have a lovely day everyone 

Michelle

Sounds wonderful, hope you’ve all had a lovely day.

12 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Thanks,I've heard the fires are not so bad now.The gardener has sent us a quote which I will relay to the Russians and hopefully it will get sorted soon.I wouldn't mind if I was getting paid for all this.I just agreed we would organise things as we were there most.I'm gonna ask the Italian lady to take over as she has just moved in and comes from the area.Cheers,Brian.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

It's chucking it down here, let's hope it clears up for passengers joining Iona. 

If the rain stops, I will wander down to the beach to wave as she passes tonight. 

If not, webcam it is... 

Have a great day everyone 

Andy 

I hope the weather clears up for you as well Andy as there is plenty to see tonight .

Regal Princess should leave at 17:00 followed by 

Anthem Of The Seas              at 17:30

Marella Explorer                      at 18.00

MSC Virtuosa                          at 19:00

Iona                                           at 21.00

I will be tuning in tonight and lets hope the weather is kind this evening for the departures.

Have a good time everyone and stay safe :classic_love:

• Like 6

1 hour ago, kalos said:

I hope the weather clears up for you as well Andy as there is plenty to see tonight .

Regal Princess should leave at 17:00 followed by 

Anthem Of The Seas              at 17:30

Marella Explorer                      at 18.00

MSC Virtuosa                          at 19:00

Iona                                           at 21.00

I will be tuning in tonight and lets hope the weather is kind this evening for the departures.

Have a good time everyone and stay safe :classic_love:

16°C and cloudy here.

Pauline has put flowers on her grandparents grave and is now putting flowers on her baby brothers grave.

Let's hope the weather improves at Southampton and Jane and her grandkids are safe and well and in Virtuosa soon.

Graham.

16283328914425887240167447711409.jpg

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

16°C and cloudy here.

Pauline has put flowers on her grandparents grave and is now putting flowers on her baby brothers grave.

Let's hope the weather improves at Southampton and Jane and her grandkids are safe and well and in Virtuosa soon.

Graham.

16283328914425887240167447711409.jpg

It has brightened up a bit here, dry but breezy... 

Lets hope it stays that way. 

Andy 

• Like 2

Its terrible here and we are off to a wedding soon.

Its not a big affair but the venue have told the bride at the last minute that their licence only covers upstairs (very narrow) or the garden when it was planned for the restaurant.  They were fully aware that there are three disabled people, me included, but the others are totally disabled.  I can get up the stairs but will come down on my bum... I'm not proud and we will laugh!🤣  It wont be the first time.   I'll just pick a couple of handsome blokes, one in front and one behind.  I am stubborn, and will not give up!!!!!

What a shame for the bride though   .I hope the venue have  managed to get the room decorated .. but we  WILL have a good time

• Like 12

15 hours ago, Beckett said:

Thank you all so much for your holiday and birthday wishes - you are a great group of people and I totally appreciate you all.  Jane.xxxxx

Best wishes from me too. I’m not remotely envious 🤬🤬!!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

Best wishes from me too. I’m not remotely envious 🤬🤬!

Nor me Ardennais.. I wouldn't want to be on board with a cocktail in hand, a luscious meal and grand entertainment.. no I'm ok here...

Good job that at least two of us  on here are totally honest😀:classic_rolleyes:🙃

• Like 6

1 hour ago, indiana123 said:

Its terrible here and we are off to a wedding soon.

Its not a big affair but the venue have told the bride at the last minute that their licence only covers upstairs (very narrow) or the garden when it was planned for the restaurant.  They were fully aware that there are three disabled people, me included, but the others are totally disabled.  I can get up the stairs but will come down on my bum... I'm not proud and we will laugh!🤣  It wont be the first time.   I'll just pick a couple of handsome blokes, one in front and one behind.  I am stubborn, and will not give up!!!!!

What a shame for the bride though   .I hope the venue have  managed to get the room decorated .. but we  WILL have a good time

Oh what a shame re the access- but I just love your attitude.

The weather has been dire here this morning but it does seem to be brightening up for the moment.

Have a fab time.

x

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ardennais said:

Best wishes from me too. I’m not remotely envious 🤬🤬!!

2 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Nor me Ardennais.. I wouldn't want to be on board with a cocktail in hand, a luscious meal and grand entertainment.. no I'm ok here...

Good job that at least two of us  on here are totally honest😀:classic_rolleyes:🙃

I make three 😁 soooooo envious!

• Like 2

Hello all, we’re resting up in Premier Inn West Quay after a lovely few hours at a beautiful NT place, Mottisfont where we were very lucky with the weather. It was dreadful coming down but brightened up quite a bit . Early dinner soon before going to see Iona (hopefully!) I spotted Regal Princess, Anthem of the Seas and I think Virtuosa (hello Jane!) on the way in.

7B861B72-FD3A-44C2-84B1-D92F4535E80C.jpeg

• Like 11

They were just a passing phase zap  - soared skywards for just an hour or so before falling back to earth with a damp pfftt 

Enjoy your cruise ?tomorrow? 🚢 

Edited by Eddie99
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We are off on our jollies at the minute in beautiful sunny Wales ... well it was yesterday but a bit grim tonight 🙂

Just looking on YouTube at clips of Iona and will watch some of the live stuff tonight. Always nice to see a new ship sail on her maiden journey and seems to mean more this year than ever.

Safe sailing to everyone and may the weather be kind !!!!

• Like 1

Evening all. 

Just catching up with all the posts. I've been at work all day and it wasn't nice to start with, torrential rain, but it cleared up nicely and was quite warm although breezy. 

Very jealous of all of you that are off on cruises, but hope you all have a lovely time.

I am very tempted to book one, but work has to come first, especially as it is only seasonal!!

Just will have to hang fire and wait for my cruise in January, at least I have something to look forward to.

Have a good weekend.

• Like 2

Morning all, it was 10pm before we saw Iona going past Calshot beach! She looked huge! A couple of photos for you but not brilliant as only on my camera phone! Had lovely clear view of Virtuosa in the light! Also one more of Mottisfont.

Have a lovely day everyone.

52234E8D-7DE1-4B88-92F9-43669E847A5F.jpeg

CD5C2A6A-8171-4274-806C-52EFF249E164.jpeg

0812C69F-21C3-4EED-AA3C-0D1896C04742.jpeg

9E82B71C-15FB-47B4-A18C-CA9C21BFFDD5.jpeg

3DD05455-420A-47AE-B451-2EB7E3DA05B2.jpeg

• Like 13

13 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Yes, I am disappointed about Iona's 9pm departure time which means I will not be able to relax on my starboard balcony taking in the views of the Isle of Wight and south coast.

Are all of Iona’s upcoming departures due to be that late? I assumed it was just for the maiden.

3 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Are all of Iona’s upcoming departures due to be that late? I assumed it was just for the maiden.

Hope not. it will take the edge off the cruise start.

BTW, any idea why Jamaica Blue in Hempstead is closed 'due to unforeseen circumstances' the Costa staff would like to know too.

• Like 1