Constellation "Revolution"

Gracie115

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

From what my TA found out, all Celebrity Revolution Refurbs that were canceled this year will not happen until 2022 at the earliest. It makes no sense that the FV cabins will not still be FV for the 2021 season, my understanding is they do not become the new Sunset Suites until the Revolutionizing is finished on the ship.

I agree that it doesn't make sense, but Celebrity isn't making sense at the moment.  The agents are already seeing these FV cabins on Constellation as reclassified to SV cabins, and can't book FV out to the Lift & Shift date a year from now because of it.   It would be REALLY nice if Celebrity would just make the call official in order to straighten out their inventory for the future.

On 6/2/2020 at 5:55 PM, Blackduck59 said:

I'm one of the many the put forward the thought that Constellation may be laid up or struck off. That being said, there are many possabilities. Might I suggest that a more economical refit may happen possibly in a year. I think someone mentioned on some thread that Many of the components for the refit are already sitting in a warehouse somewhere and I suspect that is true. There will be a mandatory drydock maintenance at some point and perhaps they will use that time to do a refresh just not the full blown "Revolution"

I still stand by my rant that if you already have a cruise booked on Constellation you should temper your expectation of the full "Revolution"

Is there any precedent for Celebrity to cancel existing cruises in order to rehab a ship?  Connie is booked through March 2022. Maybe her rehab will be then along with the mechanical inspection that is required in 2022.  I hope not because she is too shabby as she is now (based on other reviews) to represent the Celebrity image. 

1 hour ago, VitaminSea53 said:

Is there any precedent for Celebrity to cancel existing cruises in order to rehab a ship?  Connie is booked through March 2022. Maybe her rehab will be then along with the mechanical inspection that is required in 2022.  I hope not because she is too shabby as she is now (based on other reviews) to represent the Celebrity image. 

I sailed Connie fairly recently and found her to be aging here and there but definitely overall well maintained. If you personally have concluded based on your research that Connie is too shabby for you to cruise based on some reviews, you will find just as many that disagree with that.  So it is really just your money and your choice of course. It is what you believe that counts.  I think (but don't know) that Connie will not undergo the Revolution type refurbishments in 2020 or even 2021.  RCCL is not operating currently and has almost no cash, and is trying to avoid bankruptcy.  Not a good formula for renovating ships.  To your question as for 2022 who knows?  If it were me and I did not want to sail on what I was convinced was a shabby ship then I would review other choices.  Why take the chance if you might be unhappy? Loads of new ships out there and hopefully many will be sailing again by next year.

16 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

I sailed Connie fairly recently and found her to be aging here and there but definitely overall well maintained. If you personally have concluded based on your research that Connie is too shabby for you to cruise based on some reviews, you will find just as many that disagree with that.  So it is really just your money and your choice of course. It is what you believe that counts.  I think (but don't know) that Connie will not undergo the Revolution type refurbishments in 2020 or even 2021.  RCCL is not operating currently and has almost no cash, and is trying to avoid bankruptcy.  Not a good formula for renovating ships.  To your question as for 2022 who knows?  If it were me and I did not want to sail on what I was convinced was a shabby ship then I would review other choices.  Why take the chance if you might be unhappy? Loads of new ships out there and hopefully many will be sailing again by next year.

I agree and from what my TA found out do not expect any more Revolutionizing on Celebrity until 2022 at the earliest. I have been on older ships many times and other than maybe a few rust spots I have not ever seen anything I would classify as "Shabby". I would have enjoyed having the Infinity refurbished for next years cruise, but not having it will in no way effect our enjoyment of the cruise. We choose cruises for the itinerary not the age or when the last refurbishment was done.

Last summer we did an Alaska cruise on the HAL Noordam which underwent refurbishment after the Alaska season last October. We saw terrible reviews talking about how "shabby" and tired looking the Noordam had become , but other than some carpet wear and tear and a few rust spots on our balcony, we saw nothing that looked shabby. It was a great cruise on a very nice ship.

On 5/31/2020 at 7:08 PM, Blackduck59 said:

Chrisclaire, I feel your pain. We almost cancelled our cruise but the price and perks were good and the "Revolution" had little for non suite guests so we stuck with it. Now we have the Pandemic that may kill the cruise anyway.

Many of the things that have transpired over the last few months have really made me wonder about doing business with Celebrity in the future.

This is from CruiseCritic re the revolution for the Constellation. It was not only improvements for the suites. When I booked the prices were higher because of the revolution. It will be interesting to see if I receive any onboard credit or adjustments.

Celebrity Cruises

Ship: Celebrity Constellation

Dates: April 2020

Details: Celebrity will overhaul all staterooms, taking everything down to the steel and rebuilding with a new layout and design; rooms will also be outfitted with RFID locks, the line's high-speed Xcelerate Wi-Fi and Bluetooth capability. Additionally, Constellation will see its Main Dining Room redesigned with a lighter, airier decor; Michael's Club will be transformed into the Retreat Lounge, exclusively for the use of suite passengers; and a suites-only Retreat Sundeck will be added. Other changes include: the addition of the Le Petit Chef experience at Qsine; Cellar Masters will be transformed into a gastrobar; and the spa will be totally redesigned.

On 6/3/2020 at 12:42 PM, canderson said:

I agree that it doesn't make sense, but Celebrity isn't making sense at the moment.  The agents are already seeing these FV cabins on Constellation as reclassified to SV cabins, and can't book FV out to the Lift & Shift date a year from now because of it.   It would be REALLY nice if Celebrity would just make the call official in order to straighten out their inventory for the future.

I am in the same situation as you, cannot lift and shift and no help from Celebrity to offer any comparable cabins.  When you go into your reservation and click on change your cabin, the pic comes up as Sunset Suite, with a lovely description of everything that is included  even though reserved an FV.   Our cruise is in April 21 so I wanted to change to April 22.  I’ll hold out final payment not due for a while and we have a refundable deposit

6 hours ago, canderson said:

I believe Constellation already has Le Petit Chef.

Too bad..we really enjoyed  Q sine on Connie,,

We like the ship  and  Tampa is the big draw for us.....

Just hope she is not sold or chartered for our dates!

6 hours ago, canderson said:

I believe Constellation already has Le Petit Chef.

That is correct. I had Le Petit Chef pre-booked for Sept 2020 in Italy on the Constellation . I have however lifted and shifted to 2021 that reservation successfully for the same price with just a few extra dollars for taxes. 

7 hours ago, sunonfire said:

This is from CruiseCritic re the revolution for the Constellation. It was not only improvements for the suites. When I booked the prices were higher because of the revolution. It will be interesting to see if I receive any onboard credit or adjustments.

Celebrity Cruises

Ship: Celebrity Constellation

Dates: April 2020

Details: Celebrity will overhaul all staterooms, taking everything down to the steel and rebuilding with a new layout and design; rooms will also be outfitted with RFID locks, the line's high-speed Xcelerate Wi-Fi and Bluetooth capability. Additionally, Constellation will see its Main Dining Room redesigned with a lighter, airier decor; Michael's Club will be transformed into the Retreat Lounge, exclusively for the use of suite passengers; and a suites-only Retreat Sundeck will be added. Other changes include: the addition of the Le Petit Chef experience at Qsine; Cellar Masters will be transformed into a gastrobar; and the spa will be totally redesigned.

Indeed the M Class revolution was a more complete renovation than the one for S class ships. We don't know if the price was higher because we were supposed be on a post "revolution" cruise.

The revolution of eclipse was postponed last October. Celebrity didn't even bother to let us know. I found out in early December. There is no adjustment or on board credit offered.

Attention Blackduck59.

Celebrity was really “pushing “ the Revolution when I was booking and I felt the price was reflective of the new improvements.
I’m sorry to hear Celebrity didn’t offer you anything. I think they should have.

9 minutes ago, sunonfire said:

Attention Blackduck59.

Celebrity was really “pushing “ the Revolution when I was booking and I felt the price was reflective of the new improvements.
I’m sorry to hear Celebrity didn’t offer you anything. I think they should have.

They made a big deal about it with us as well. I was even at a Celebrity Cruise sales event and we talked to the Celebrity rep, he basically said too bad so sad.

Of course, as discussed the scope of work on the M Class and S Class are 2 different things. About the only thing we would have encountered as non suite guests in Eclipse was the new bedding and Craft Social in place of the always deserted Cellar Masters.

I'm not sure if we're having some kind of argument here, I don't think we should. 

All I was saying is don't expect any compensation for the refit not being done. If by chance you do get something...good on you.

Many, like us,  who booked early on Connie when the change in homeport to Tampa was announced got great prices and perks  during the initual booking window. 

We  were able to reserve a Sky Suite for much less than we usually pay for AQ Class,

Not sure where pricing is at the moment for our early Jan 2021 itin,

10 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Indeed the M Class revolution was a more complete renovation than the one for S class ships. We don't know if the price was higher because we were supposed be on a post "revolution" cruise.

The revolution of eclipse was postponed last October. Celebrity didn't even bother to let us know. I found out in early December. There is no adjustment or on board credit offered.

I'm really not sure that I understand the problem.  Economic conditions will not allow a Revolution anytime soon.  If it's no longer a good value for people already booked, then cancel the cruise. This has been known for a while and people could have cancelled all of the cruises outside of final payment.  Most cruises are still outside of the final payment window.

1 hour ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I'm really not sure that I understand the problem.  Economic conditions will not allow a Revolution anytime soon.  If it's no longer a good value for people already booked, then cancel the cruise. This has been known for a while and people could have cancelled all of the cruises outside of final payment.  Most cruises are still outside of the final payment window.

Welcome, I guess you missed my rant a couple of days ago. That's pretty much what I said then.

7 hours ago, hcat said:

Many, like us,  who booked early on Connie when the change in homeport to Tampa was announced got great prices and perks  during the initual booking window. 

We  were able to reserve a Sky Suite for much less than we usually pay for AQ Class,

If you got as good a deal as we got the prices are now double.   I will stick with my SS and be happy no matter what they do to the ship.  I almost fainted when I checked the prices they are now charging for a SS for our Jan 4th cruise.  And they are sold out on our March Touch Canal. 

11 hours ago, hcat said:

We had the same experience.  Read the repositioning announcement, checked the internet, and got on the phone ASAP to reserve Sky Suites for a nice B2B.  I certainly would prefer the ship be refurbed (I was looking forward to hanging out in the Retreat), but at this point I would be oh so happy if it is safe to be on a ship, and twice as happy to be in a Sky Suite as we are usually priced out of them.  I just hope they don't need to reduce capacity such that they start bumping some of us that snagged awesome deals.  I tell myself it is WAY too early to worry about something like that, but I confess it has occurred to me.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, hcat said:

Hope us "early bookers" will  get preference by booking date if they reduce capacity,    I think their IT system can handle that...but then again, it's X!

Don't "bet" on it.  We are early bookers and umped on a great price for an SS.  I don't expect that to hold.  Itineraries will change, on board procedures will change, social distancing will be required, and that plus a myriad of other things will wee "X" going to a whole new pricing structure for everyone.

1 minute ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

Itineraries will change, on board procedures will change, social distancing will be required, and that plus a myriad of other things will wee "X" going to a whole new pricing structure for everyone.

In your opinion, of course.  Until ships sail again, nobody really knows.  And even when they do sail, the situation will be fluid and will ultimately begin to relax with time...IMO. 🙂