Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I was on 10mg Norvasc .It was lowered to 5mg,then 2.5 .Now it is 7.5 a day plus 25 mg of Metoprolol.I watch my salt intake.I exercise as much as possible plus two days a week of Parkinsons exercise.Prior to January 2021 I had great BP readings.

Retirement in my opinion cures a lot,.

I’m temp retired pending hopefully getting disability retirement. 
within a few months of stopping my customer service job, my really bad Psoriasis on my elbows completely cleared up. Be well and take care.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Swelling is a very common side effect of amlodipine.

Very interesting because I began swelling this morning on one of my lower legs for seemingly no reason.I have had both phlebitis and cellulitis in the past and initially believed it could be the beginning of one of those.I had no idea that it could be related to the amlodiphine.Normally I read the inserts from the pharmacy but I stopped because if I saw something really horrific I would refuse to take the Rex.

• Like 1

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

Have you ever heard a tree split? Very impressive how loud it is.

I have heard my dad splitting a tree trunk, very loud indeed but I knew he was doing that. The ice breaking I had no clue about.

I seriously was looking for a shooter out of my window.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

As is dizziness.  I need to be carefully getting out of bed at night to go to the bathroom.  I sit on the side of the bed for a few seconds before standing up.  I also notice it when I'm doing something more strenuous, especially if I need to bend over.  One of the reasons that I'd like to get off it completely, or at least down to 5mg.

Every medication that I am on has dizziness as a side effect.When I go to the bathroom at night I have to wake Toby ,her idea,not mine.

So I will be doing a live trip report on my Oasis cruise 3/6/22.

I am taking an AirTag with me for my iPad, phone and watch, very curious to see if it will work.

When I’m back from my trip the tag will be protection for my IPad Pro.

I finally got something saying my cruise is paid in full after RCI billing mix up. 
I still paid $150 too much but customer service swears it’s correct.

Im so excited for this cruise!!!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

So good to have the good doctor here. I feel like I should give you my insurance card so you can bill.😉

Perhaps CC would be interested in hiring OB as a resident physician.If so ,I was a Psychologist for 26 years.Perhaps they would hire me as well.😀

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Eric has been orthostatic for several years.  Different doctors have tried different meds but never found the right balance for him.   He finds that plenty of fluids and exercise have helped him control but he still makes sure to get up slowly.    His sitting pressure can be 120/80 then standing can drop to something like 90/45 sometimes.

For those middle of night bathroom runs he will sit up and wiggle his feet and move his legs arounds before standing.  

My sitting pressure was always 120/70 but standing 100/60.That is why I am fearful of being on a Parkinsons medication because it lowers BP.I have refused since being diagnosed in 2014 but I am feeling worse every day.I promised my Neurologist that if I get really bad I will go on but I am not sure.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Perhaps CC would be interested in hiring OB as a resident physician.If so ,I was a Psychologist for 26 years.Perhaps they would hire me as well.😀

If everyone on CC who needed a Psychologist used you, you'd never have time for a cruise.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Dubai is lovely Dani. Are you cruising from Dubai? Hope you have a fantastic time there.

Graham.

Thank you, Graham.

No, no cruises from Dubai from us. Too many stops at Arab countries with which we don't have diplomatic relations. May be in a distant future....

Graham, I remember you and Pauline had tea at Burg al Arab... I wanted to splurge... Discontinued since January 1st. Oh, well 😢

Even Dubai is a first for us, at least those holding only an Israeli passport. Everyone is rushing to see this Arab country which initiated diplomatic relations with us 2 years ago. It is THE destination right now. Moreover, we don't want to repeat the mistake we've done when first we had diplomatic relations with Egypt. A big rush to see the Pyramids and everything else this amazing country has to offer. We thought ... let's wait a bit.... It is now a "cold" peace, without tourists... Our loss.

And a lot of work... PCR now (not free if you need it for travel). A special insurance, covering quarantine in case of Covid. Another PCR when landing, and another one before leaving. No BINAX antigen either.

On top of that, after carefully choosing 2 seats together and paying for them, our national airline decided, due to demand, to switch from 737 to 787 ( @Ocean Boy 😎), to change the departure time, and we found ourselves in different seats -- me in the middle of a 3 seater (!!!), and DH behind me, near the window.

And they don't take phone calls... Last time we'll fly with them. Enough is enough. Uhhhh.

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes you and I have the same taste. The Rip Van Winkle 10 was a huge score. I hope some day you can get a bottle. It's so fantastic. btw, still waiting on your address to send you some Melitti Amaro.

gpsteele7@gmail.com

Greg, CC usually advise putting spaces between names when citing emails... like g..  7  at   gmail  dot  com, so that robots fishing for addresses will not catch it. Just a thought 😘

• Like 10

32 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I have a 10am lab work appointment tomorrow, which due to the impending ice storm will not happen.  Walkins are welcome but with an appointment you don't have to wait around until appointments are seen.  It is impossible to cancel!

Phone robot:  If you want to change an appointment, please say your confirmation code right now.

Me:  ABCDEF

Robot:  POWVIS is that correct?

Me:  NO

Robot: If you want to change an appointment, please say your confirmation code right now.

Me: ABCDEF

Robot: I'm having trouble understanding you.  Please go to our website................

Me:  Hanging up and cursing.

I will wait until tomorrow to schedule an appointment for Monday.

I have a 1 PM appt for the Pneumonia vaccine which was already postponed once.If I can get out of the house tomorrow I will go regardless of the weather.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Thank you, Graham.

No, no cruises from Dubai from us. Too many stops at Arab countries with which we don't have diplomatic relations. May be in a distant future....

Graham, I remember you and Pauline had tea at Burg al Arab... I wanted to splurge... Discontinued since January 1st. Oh, well 😢

Even Dubai is a first for us, at least those holding only an Israeli passport. Everyone is rushing to see this Arab country which initiated diplomatic relations with us 2 years ago. It is THE destination right now. Moreover, we don't want to repeat the mistake we've done when first we had diplomatic relations with Egypt. A big rush to see the Pyramids and everything else this amazing country has to offer. We thought ... let's wait a bit.... It is now a "cold" peace, without tourists... Our loss.

And a lot of work... PCR now (not free if you need it for travel). A special insurance, covering quarantine in case of Covid. Another PCR when landing, and another one before leaving. No BINAX antigen either.

On top of that, after carefully choosing 2 seats together and paying for them, our national airline decided, due to demand, to switch from 737 to 787 ( @Ocean Boy 😎), to change the departure time, and we found ourselves in different seats -- me in the middle of a 3 seater (!!!), and DH behind me, near the window.

And they don't take phone calls... Last time we'll fly with them. Enough is enough. Uhhhh.

Greg, CC usually advise putting spaces between names when citing emails... like g..  7  at   gmail  dot  com, so that robots fishing for addresses will not catch it. Just a thought 😘

Hi Dani.

We went for afternoon tea at the Burj Al Arab in the Sky bar in February 2017 and I screenshot these photos from my TripAdvisor review in March 2017.

Bookings are still being taken for afternoon tea.

Graham.

Screenshot_20220202_200925.jpg

Screenshot_20220202_200849.jpg

Screenshot_20220202_200824.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@Maitaivegas Are you ready for the ice and snow?  The ice is my biggest concern.  1/2 to 1 inch predicted.  We finally got the garage cleared out enough to get the car in. The last time I remember a lot of ice, it sound like shotguns going off when the branches snapped off.  Stay safe.  

When are you due for the storm to hit?  We're expecting 1/2 inch of ice as well.  

Ditto to stay safe!

57 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I was on 10mg Norvasc .It was lowered to 5mg,then 2.5 .Now it is 7.5 a day plus 25 mg of Metoprolol.I watch my salt intake.I exercise as much as possible plus two days a week of Parkinsons exercise.Prior to January 2021 I had great BP readings.

25 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have a 1 PM appt for the Pneumonia vaccine which was already postponed once.If I can get out of the house tomorrow I will go regardless of the weather.

When I was put on a low sodium diet, it amazed me how much sodium there was in everyday items like bread, cheese, so much more.  There's salt in just about everything, it seems. Probably because it's a preservative.

My doctor told me to throw out most canned goods in my pantry.

Lenny, please don't endanger your and Toby's lives by going out in dangerous weather.  It is so not worth it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

We're hoping to be there a week from today.... Just scheduled the dreaded PCR test. It will be a first for us, somehow we managed to dodge his unpleasant test until now....

And no, Dubai isn't "settling" for less than a PCR 😢

It really isn't that bad.    Just relax while they are performing the swab and hope you don't have someone who wants to swab your brain.     My nose always tickles for a couple of minutes after they are done.   😍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Another winter storm is coming to our area. I was sent on a mission with another 12-16” of snow expected to come. You might just call it another day in Canada. 😆

C221A78E-B9BD-4E07-9521-B050CCD401DA.thumb.jpeg.baa84248848604f3761105ab83181b8b.jpeg

Mission completed. Storm chips and ice cream, hot chocolate, and a coffee to go. I got milk too, but that’s not as exciting. Bring it on Mother Nature. 

D29B47F0-A291-4444-8F39-644076FF3D77.thumb.jpeg.2b9306997e701fde880817887727564b.jpeg

03758F8B-A82F-42C5-92A8-942470E754D2.thumb.jpeg.052b5c34313c6640cf68300888f9b420.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 22

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

I have a 10am lab work appointment tomorrow, which due to the impending ice storm will not happen.  Walkins are welcome but with an appointment you don't have to wait around until appointments are seen.  It is impossible to cancel!

Phone robot:  If you want to change an appointment, please say your confirmation code right now.

Robot: If you want to change an appointment, please say your confirmation code right now.

Robot: I'm having trouble understanding you.  Please go to our website................

I agree totally hate phone robots, I left Walgreens since I could never get a human to answer. I got my physical today before weather got bad , luckily doctor could not find anything new that was bad , time for a drink.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Same here. As I said before, my mother loved being a mother and my father's only concerns were his wife and kids. It was really a great house for my brothers and me to grow up in. I'm not sure we always appreciated at the time how fortunate we were.

My Brother and I were very fortunate to have very loving and very hard working parents.    My Mother was an English Teacher for 35+ years and my Father worked as a mailman walking over 7 miles a day for 30+ years and for several years when we were very young he worked a 2nd job at a candle factory for a couple nights a week just to make sure we all had everything we needed.    Which we did and more!    

Some of my best memories are at our family shore house (my parents bought their first shore house at LBI with my Nana when I very young...probably around the time Dad was working 2 jobs) and our many road trips.     We all loved doing road trips and as a family had lots of fun.

IMO, they were the BEST Parents Ever!   

Although at 13 or 15 years old I may not have said that-LOL!

When Eric met my family and got to know them I remember him telling me how Lucky I was to have them.    

• Like 10

21 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

When are you due for the storm to hit?  We're expecting 1/2 inch of ice as well.  

Ditto to stay safe!

When I was put on a low sodium diet, it amazed me how much sodium there was in everyday items like bread, cheese, so much more.  There's salt in just about everything, it seems. Probably because it's a preservative.

My doctor told me to throw out most canned goods in my pantry.

Lenny, please don't endanger your and Toby's lives by going out in dangerous weather.  It is so not worth it.

The weather people said 3pm for snow but even though it’s 24F no snow yet.

Not in the hurry for it to arrive, someone forgot to tell the snow I live in the south lol.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

We also have been doing MTD for years and request the same waiter and table too.  We have had no issues doing this on any ship and have sailed every class ship but Vision class.

Great!   Happy to hear that.    I guess I will give MTD a try.    I cannot believe after all our years of cruising we have never had MTD but I guess we will give a try.     For the most part we will probably eat around the same time anyway but nice to be flexible especially on port days.    I always hate when you get back onboard at 4:30ish and have to rush to shower, do hair, etc to make a 5:30 seating.  

• Like 5

For all those anticipating winter /ice storms,especially in parts of the country where such storms are not a common occurrence , please be careful and stay home if possible.

It seems that Long Island is supposed to get a wintry mix on Friday.

If so, Lenny, the weather may cooperate with your pneumonia shot appointment.

I need to get to the market and do  some other errands tomorrow as the cupboard is getting bare !  We haven’t been out of the house since last Thursday due to the snow storm and subsequent frigid temperatures. I need to get out of the house !  

@A&L_Ont I do like your storm preparation ! That ice cream stash looks yummy !

Take care,

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 6

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

That happens to me also, but it is usually blamed on my British accent. !!! 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Keksie said:

They may not have actual jurisdiction but she probably doesn't know that.  I do think if you ask they will do walk throughs of homes for fire concerns.  I had the Dr. tell my mom that alcohol would have a bad interaction with one of her meds.  Not really true but it stopped her from drinking.  My mom would argue with me but if an authority told her the same thing she would go along with it. 

Cleaning crew was her at house today.    She has only 1 space heater left in the house as fire chief took 2 of them to throw out and I snuck 2 of them and put in my truck to throw out at home.   One of the guys unplugged her heater and said he had to because he is plugging in a hepa air purifier to help remove the smoke odor.     He also told her she really shouldn't be using that especially if the fire was due to space heaters.     She gave him a nasty look and walked out of the room.     Ha!  

I had a conversation with the supervisor outside and asked if he could casually mention to her that township building inspector may be stopping by in the near future to make sure the electrical is to code and that house is safe and habitable.      He had no problem with helping out.    When his crew was getting ready to leave for the day he gave her an estimated timeline of the work that will be done with sheetrock repair, painters, etc. and casually slipped in about township L & I inspector (perfect!)

• Like 10