Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Went to Sams club in Niles Ohio and they were out of paper towels as well as TP.  Even their brand they carry.

So took a chance and went to Home Depot, and golly Gee, they had TP  (our brand SCOTT) and Bounty paper towels fully stocked on the shelf limit of 2 each.  Bought the limit on Wednesday and went back Thursday for another limit.

Not a hoarder, giving to the DD 2 packages of each, TP and Bounty.

She has no clue of planning ahead until she puts her last roll of TP on the holder and then golly gee got to go to the store to buy some..................not going to happen girlfriend. 

Guess when you go to the path less beaten you find what you need.

Stay healthy

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yep, time to do the last couple remaining outside chores while it’s nice.

Same here in Pa, should be 60ish today and tomorrow.  Heading to work soon so I guess tomorrow will be last good day to finish up outdoor christmas decorations and last ride on tractor to run it out of gas for winter storage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I just don’t understand why people think they need so much Toilet Paper. 

I’m a Charmin Ultra Soft guy while the boss is a Ultra Strong lady. She has an advantage though, her Toto Washlet. 😎

I bought a Sam’s bundle of Ultra soft a few weeks ago, after scoring the ultra strong a month earlier.  We are good for months.  We have a Toto Washlet in our guest bathroom (my new favorite bathroom) the DW never uses the Washlet feature, but she does like the heated seat.  

TMI....  sorry

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I am suspicious that the real reason the Canadian boarder is closed is to protect our toilet paper supply.  

Does anyone else wonder what people in other countries think when they see our response to rising Covid numbers is "Quick get all the toilet paper you can." 

Edited by Domino D
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

11 minutes ago, Domino D said:

Does anyone else wonder what people in other countries think when they see our response to rising Covid numbers is "Quick get all the toilet paper you can." 

I don't know about other countries, but we have this stash from March.... just in case 😕

IMG_0419.JPG

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I know I always felt guilty when i would leave on vacations, especially when gone for 2 to 4 weeks on some.  I am very lucky to have a great neighbor who took very good care of her.  

The neighbor loved to come hang out, watch tv or relax on my patio as an escape from her hubby.  I would always buy her a special gift from wherever we traveled to.  

Me too.  I had a fantastic cat sitter who would not just feed, etc.  but play with them, posted a detailed "visit report" email each day with 4-5 pictures every day.  Made it a joy to check my emails while on a cruise.  🙂   

But same thing..one week was good, but two weeks was max for me.  Missed them too much, and they missed me.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I’m a Charmin Ultra Soft guy while the boss is a Ultra Strong lady. She has an advantage though, her Toto Washlet. 😎

I am with "the boss"...but we don't do "his and hers" TP.  Bucky would probably not even care if it was the Sear's catalog...oops...dated myself there.  Back to Grandma's farm.  😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

For those of you missing Lucy, here’s a photo.

What you don’t realize from the photo, upwind the neighbour is spreading their pig manure. Looks like a great day to work outside, till you inhale. 99% of the time the wind blows the right way, I guess today we are what you call the 1%. 😂🤮

54DE9AF6-45D8-4C09-9138-10F490FFA9DD.thumb.jpeg.7ed9063822640fde04524ea0850bad9d.jpeg

Awww...you  had me at "purrrrrrrrr....".  🙂 🐱

49 minutes ago, Domino D said:

I am suspicious that the real reason the Canadian boarder is closed is to protect our toilet paper supply.  

That is exactly what I thought when the "first wave" hit us around March.   "Are you kidding me...hoarding TP??!!"  😄    I bet some of those hoarders actually still have stock from then.  😉 

17 minutes ago, island lady said:

I am with "the boss"...but we don't do "his and hers" TP.  Bucky would probably not even care if it was the Sear's catalog...oops...dated myself there.  Back to Grandma's farm.  😄 

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Oh my hell! I (we) could take this in a whole new direction, but I'll be a good boy and refrain from saying anything else.😇😈

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Went to Sams club in Niles Ohio and they were out of paper towels as well as TP.  Even their brand they carry.

So took a chance and went to Home Depot, and golly Gee, they had TP  (our brand SCOTT) and Bounty paper towels fully stocked on the shelf limit of 2 each.  Bought the limit on Wednesday and went back Thursday for another limit.

Not a hoarder, giving to the DD 2 packages of each, TP and Bounty.

She has no clue of planning ahead until she puts her last roll of TP on the holder and then golly gee got to go to the store to buy some..................not going to happen girlfriend. 

Guess when you go to the path less beaten you find what you need.

Stay healthy

My daughter plans like yours! When this began in the spring and she couldn't find toilet paper or paper towels I did what any nice, caring mom would do. I shipped it to her. $65 for 6 rolls of tp and 2 rolls of paper towels! I told her never again. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Oh my hell! I (we) could take this in a whole new direction, but I'll be a good boy and refrain from saying anything else.😇😈

My Grandma was considered one of the "rich farmers"....they had a "two hole" out house.  Though I never could figure why that was needed.  Yikes...   😮 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

My daughter plans like yours! When this began in the spring and she couldn't find toilet paper or paper towels I did what any nice, caring mom would do. I shipped it to her. $65 for 6 rolls of tp and 2 rolls of paper towels! I told her never again. 

Our go to place was Lowes, Home Depot, and Ace Hardware during the last shortage.  Many don't think about checking those places.   I also found the bleach, laundry detergent, and disinfectant there as well.  😉 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, island lady said:

Our go to place was Lowes, Home Depot, and Ace Hardware during the last shortage.  Many don't think about checking those places.   I also found the bleach, laundry detergent, and disinfectant there as well.  😉 

I agree with all of those and I've found stuff at local health food stores, especially during hurricane season. My daughter is in Chicago, without a car, so she walks everywhere. She is also a nurse so I told her to pee before she left work and then hold it until her next shift or else just drip dry. Right now she is quarantined with covid and I'm too scared to ask if she has TP.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This...

F230A921-3668-460A-9961-5F4683820B96.thumb.jpeg.b8e965653f856fc2ec01ecc7887c20b1.jpeg

has become this after 3 hours work. Thanks to my neighbour and the guy who hunts our bush for stopping and wasting😉 some of my time. Was nice to visit with them though.

Now just headed back to fix the fence.

93072E30-8D5D-4E85-815C-73AED79C4ABA.thumb.jpeg.2164e270e99174871f01e0370f4c0b65.jpeg

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Well dang @Lionesss, it looks like we are almost neighbors.  That is the same Sam’s we shop at, although we would now have to quarantine for 14 days when we cross back into PA. 🤷

Plenty of TP and Bounty at our stores this morning. 

Well if you travel to Niles from Pa. on rte. 82 or Warren Sharon road you go by our street. 

Yup off the beaten path. 

Be safe. 

Edited by Lionesss

It might sound very weird but I kept working.. even harder than before because I had to literally move my office into my apartment. It was horrible. I could rarely leave home and I all the free time was devoted to my work.. not the best lock down I had lol 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Well, since we're posting cat pics, and we don't have pets, I've borrowed a pic of my "stepcat" from our neighbors next door... her name is Licci and I've been asked to consent to this name 😁😁

image.png

Ahh - too cute!    Thank you for sharing.    She looks like a sweetie

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I don't know about other countries, but we have this stash from March.... just in case 😕

Somehow this actually make me feel better.  Thank You for sharing.  Now quick move it to another hiding spot, people now know it's there. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

@dani negreanu

this is the plan in the making...still lots of tweaks and additions to be made...likely going to end up being a 3 week trip once we add in Israel and/or Turkey

Spring 2022.jpg

I love this.  This is eerily reminiscent of my vacation planning workbook. I will eventually include the cost of each excursion and often times where we will eat (if I learn of a unique place).  When we did the 9 day Greek Isle cruise out of Rome, I had to include ifsums and check fields so Jane could choose various excursions each day and see a total cost for the trip. 

The part that makes my wife laugh is my cross referenced "Clothing Need by Day" tab.  But that thing is the key to packing light, especially if I can plan in a laundry day. 

I like planning almost as much as going.  

Edit: I am probably the only one that is as excited by this as the cat pictures

Edited by Domino D
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1