Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Just now, Sunshine3601 said:

Hi!    I was thinking of you last night when I made pizza and used my stone.     did you pack your pizza stone?

Last weekend I had a dozen ears of corn from local farmers market and Sparky sat right there as I husked them on my patio, occasionally pulling a husk out of my hands and playing with it.    

No, we didn't take the stone up to Maine.  Tried premade deli bought pizza dough on a metal pizza pan...Bucky didn't like it.   

Ditto to making pizza last night now that we are back home in Florida.  I use my bread maker to make the dough, then onto the stone to prebake...then add toppings...then bake again.  Turned out great!!  No pictures...ate it too fast.  😉 

Katie used to try to gobble the corn husks...was tough to get it away from her when she nabbed one!  She was a unique kitty for sure.  😄 

37 minutes ago, island lady said:

Wow...where did the summer go??!!  😮 

82F and sunny here today.  No more end of summer pool closings for me.  I might have told this story already, but I called our pool company here when we moved in last fall asking to schedule a closing for the winter.  The woman on the phone replied with "Oh honey, we don't close our pools for the winter in the south".  You could almost hear her thinking "bless your heart".  It has also taken me a while to get used to being called honey by woman of all ages.  Seemed really strange when a 20 something waitress did it a few days ago.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

1 minute ago, BonTexasNY said:

Cute kitty!

Where in TX were you?  I'm in the Dallas area.  Maybe the sign on Kroger's door (masks required) was an old one but honestly the majority inside were wearing masks. And there was a clerk just standing inside the door even if his nose was exposed. 🤨

@George Cwhat is your experience in local stores?

We were in Longview. Didn't go to any grocery stores.  Just a hotel and gas stations along the way.  Plus a restaurant or two.   Drove through Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana.  Our local grocery store just recommends masks.

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Hi!    I was thinking of you last night when I made pizza and used my stone.     did you pack your pizza stone?

Last weekend I had a dozen ears of corn from local farmers market and Sparky sat right there as I husked them on my patio, occasionally pulling a husk out of my hands and playing with it.    

I miss NJ grown corn.  Always tasted like I dumped sugar in the pot while cooking. 

• Like 3

Just now, bobmacliberty said:

82F and sunny here today.  No more end of summer pool closings for me.  I might have told this story already, but I called our pool company here when we moved in last fall asking to schedule a closing for the winter.  The woman on the phone replied with "Oh honey, we don't close our pools for the winter in the south".  You could almost hear her thinking "bless your heart".  It has also taken me a while to get used to being called honey by woman of all ages.  Seemed really strange when a 20 something waitress did it a few days ago.

Indeed a different world in the south 'yall.  😉  

Grits, sweet tea, and Key West pink Shrimp!.  And much better coleslaw.  😄  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Cute kitty!

Where in TX were you?  I'm in the Dallas area.  Maybe the sign on Kroger's door (masks required) was an old one but honestly the majority inside were wearing masks. And there was a clerk just standing inside the door even if his nose was exposed. 🤨

@George Cwhat is your experience in local stores?

I am in grocery stores at least a couple times a week , I would say 80 to 90 percent wear masks , did see cashiers at winco with mask half off yesterday. I don’t think I could work at a job that requires mask wearing , have mild asthma.

Edited by George C
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, George C said:

I am in grocery stores at least a couple times a week , I would say 80 to 90 percent wear masks , did see cashiers at winco with mask half off yesterday. I don’t think I could work at a job that requires mask wearing , have mild asthma.

Yup, same here. Large percentage. We have to check out Winco.  Never been.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I like your TSOTA.  My best friend graduated from there and is still a big fan.  I will be pulling for Mizzou…….all the way until Thanksgiving !

SEC SEC SEC

Wooooooooooooo Pig Sooie Razorbacks

The Black Friday game has been a lot of fun

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'd claim that this is a cheap OH... knock off, but I'm probably better off just keeping my mouth closed right now.

We use it differently. And probably with a little more style😉

Scenario one is at the stadium. Alumni side chants MIZ...  Student side responds ...ZOU

Scenario two is a greeting or the end of a statement. First person says/types MIZ, response is ZOU. 

No knowledge, but OH and IO seems a little abrupt on it's own. Plus it just reminds me of this

I do appreciate dotting the 'i' in Script Ohio

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Yup, same here. Large percentage. We have to check out Winco.  Never been.

Winco has some very good deals , lots of fruits and there bagels are pretty good,  it’s also owned by the employees.I either go there or Kroger.

Edited by George C

On 9/17/2021 at 7:47 AM, John&LaLa said:

Found on FB

FB_IMG_1631877209206.jpg

Thanks for posting. I haven’t been on FB in a little while. Has he said when the house will be ready?

On 9/17/2021 at 11:40 AM, bobmacliberty said:

We both just successfully completed our Covid tests for our Allure cruise on Sunday.  Both negative!  Time to start packing.  If only we were allowed to take a wine filled broom closet with us.

Congrats, time for a nice cruise.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

No, we didn't take the stone up to Maine.  Tried premade deli bought pizza dough on a metal pizza pan...Bucky didn't like it.   

Ditto to making pizza last night now that we are back home in Florida.  I use my bread maker to make the dough, then onto the stone to prebake...then add toppings...then bake again.  Turned out great!!  No pictures...ate it too fast.  😉 

Katie used to try to gobble the corn husks...was tough to get it away from her when she nabbed one!  She was a unique kitty for sure.  😄 

Did you pack the stone for your RV trip to the panhandle?

Edited by Sunshine3601

22 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My wife’s surgery went well.I want to thank everyone for your prayers and well wishes.I appreciate everything .

Lenny

So happy that the surgery went well.

19 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Question:  How do you find out the time that the ships have their Sail Away?  The Equinox, and I believe the Connie, are sailing out of Fort Lauderdale today.  Does anyone know the timetable?

I was wanting to know that yesterday about the Freedom. It wasn’t in the Cruise Compass nor on the app. There was a site where it would tell you the ships schedule, but I couldn’t find that either.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

If you go to cruisemapper.com it shows Equinox sail away is 1800 (6 pm).

https://www.cruisemapper.com/ships/Celebrity-Equinox-739?tab=itinerary

Thanks for the info.

19 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Yes, The big Buck like's the Apple flavored corn I pick up at Royal King. He better not get used to the patio, there is going to be a hot tub sitting on there in a few days 😉  

Hot tub will be nice. Beautiful family of deer. That’s so cool.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1