Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

33 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

in Israel it's a 4 years study + sitting tight several months to prepare for the board

For me it was very similar to this ^...5 years of studies (BBA & MBA degrees) and then studying to pass the exam a few months later. I was 23 when I finished university and then 24 when I passed the CPA exam.

Edited by TravelGirlinDallas
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

That's very impressive, given the "ripe" age... Masters & CPA? I'm impressed since in Israel it's a 4 years study + sitting tight several months to prepare for the board. Or is it Masters & CPA the same degree?

👍 My [late] dad too, he was passionate for his "métier" [job].

Hannah took college level classes while in high school, and started university at 16. She went year round, kept a high grade point average, and worked on her Master’s concurrent with her Bachelors. 
As soon as she graduated, she began studying and testing for her COA while working for a multinational accounting firm. 
I only mentioned all of that to underscore how practical and determined she is but how totally other worldly at the same time. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

When I asked Andrew if he wanted to go see Santa this year, he told me he thinks he is too old to sit in Santa's lap now (he's 11). I was a little bummed since we didn't get to do it last year, either, because Covid. Then he proceeds to tell me that he now knows that Santa is really the Christmas spirit in our hearts when we do nice things for other people. WHAT?!?! That is the speech I was supposed to tell HIM! How did he figure this out? He told me that last year some girls at school were talking about how Santa isn't real, but at that time he didn't want to believe it. Then over the last year, he accepted it. And he didn't tell us because he knew it would make us sad. 😭

My baby is growing up too fast!

Good smart kid. I am an adult and I still believe in Santa Claus. Like he said, Santa is a spirit that can live in all of us if we want to believe. Even in the movie "Miracle on 34th St. a judge ruled that Santa is real. Santa represents the kid and goodness in all of us. We believe in a lot of things we can not see, so why not Santa?

4 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Bosley Thomas

April 2010-December 9, 2021

RIP😢

My heart breaks for you Marietta. Please know you have my deepest sympathy. 

• Like 7

8 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I'm Jewish and celebrate Chanukah.  However, as a young child I assumed Santa visits all good kids of which I was the "good-est".  I never discussed this with my parents but I was totally bummed NOT because we didn't celebrate Christmas but because we didn't have a chimney for Santa to slide down with all my presents.

In NY, we would invite our good friends who had a daughter the same age as ours, for a Chanukah celebration, playing the dreydel game, lighting candles on the menorah, eating potato latkes, and the kids exchanging gifts.  Then to their house to admire their Christmas decorations and exchange more gifts.  My daughter was allowed to pick a candy cane off of their tree!  Such good memories.  Both girls met when they were 2 and still keep in touch.  Wish the tradition would continue with their kids but alas, they can't seem to get together except for the book of Faces.

When I was 9 years old my mother took me to A&S on Fulton St in Brooklyn to see Santa Claus.Every kid got their picture taken and a bag of candy.I still have the 5 x7 picture.Then I went to my friend John’s house to look at his Christmas tree.We are still friends to this day and even though her lives in Nevada we will discuss those childhood days .My friends came to my house and got their Hanukah gelt (chocolate ).

• Like 2

On 12/8/2021 at 7:41 PM, Luckynana said:

We just enjoyed our Annual visit from Santa and his Fire truck entourage, Christmas music and all, with the Firemen handing out candy canes to us on our block a few minutes ago.  🎄🎀

The kids in the town I live in currently receive a visit from the members of the local Fire Dept .and bags of goodies.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Good smart kid. I am an adult and I still believe in Santa Claus. Like he said, Santa is a spirit that can live in all of us if we want to believe. Even in the movie "Miracle on 34th St. a judge ruled that Santa is real. Santa represents the kid and goodness in all of us. We believe in a lot of things we can not see, so why not Santa?

My heart breaks for you Marietta. Please know you have my deepest sympathy. 

Thank you so very much

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I will turn 66 in March.  We share the same birthday month!  There isn’t a right time that fits everyone.  Everyone has different situations.  I held off so when I passed away Sharon will draw more.  I’m a spreadsheet guy so I have the future calculated with and without me here.  😂 I even have my taxes figured for 2022 paid 2023 figured out 😂.  I was blessed with a great pension and annuity etc so the decision was more about Sharon’s future more than current need. About the only real change for us now is we will draw less out of the 401k’s after SS starts.  If you don’t need it now and you don’t start right away and you die early, your not going to care once you are dead.  On the other hand pull it now and go on a couple more cruises.   

I have a pension and an annuity from the company that employed me for 25 years.My goal was to work there 38 years as the longest that anyone worked there was 37 years but alas I was downsized along with other employees at the 25th.year.I took my pension at 55 but I continued to work in other companies for 6 years.I took SS at 62.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

It never ends.One of Toby’s friends died last night.Her husband had Alzheimer’s and died 5 years ago.She moved to Florida and got sick .

She was one of the nicest people I ever knew.

Last Sunday we went to a funeral and this Sunday will be another funeral.

So sorry to hear the loss of another friend.😥

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Hannah took college level classes while in high school, and started university at 16. She went year round, kept a high grade point average, and worked on her Master’s concurrent with her Bachelors. 
As soon as she graduated, she began studying and testing for her COA while working for a multinational accounting firm. 
I only mentioned all of that to underscore how practical and determined she is but how totally other worldly at the same time. 

That is something to be very proud of ,Mimi.😀

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

There are a lot of great reasons why you are still here.  The biggest one is your family😍

Yes,I know that .I was referring to the fact that I have several serious medical problems .When I was 75 my family made me a Celebration of Life  Birthday party because I did not expect to be here that much longer.

• Like 4