Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

We had the heat on this morning here in Naples.  It's 42 degrees here this morning!

Have a wonderful day, Graham and Pauline!

Thank you Maryann.

Pauline is downstairs working from home so I am upstairs ringing a few customers while watching A home in the sun which is in Florida.

Graham.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I am surprised not to see any post on the game.  I normally don’t watch NFL but this game is great. 

greatest playoff game ever. 25 points scored by both teams in the final 2 minutes. That's crazy.

11 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I posted and just a couple plays later it was over.  I like college overtime better.  So much of an advantage by winning a coin toss in NFL overtime.  Exciting playoff games.

I don't care the NFL overtime rules. My guess they will be changed to give each team the opportunity to have the ball in OT.

48 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Well, the birthday girl got the birthday present no-one wants. Yes, she tested positive on her birthday. At the moment, her symptoms are mild so hopefully they stay that way and we don’t get it 🤞She got her booster a week ago. 7 days isolation at home for the four of us.  The weather is good so I can sit in the garden and read. DS has movies he wants to watch & DH can work from home.  Max, our dog is going to love having the extra attention.

I'm sorry to hear this.

Hopefully the symptoms stay mild and go quickly.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

We just had a really nice conversation in the DL. Hopefully, he feels the same...😯😄

@ReneeFLL

Did Mike gave you some tips for flying your own Dreamliner? 😁

49 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Well, the birthday girl got the birthday present no-one wants. Yes, she tested positive on her birthday. 

28 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Ahh, sorry to hear she tested positive especially on her birthday.😥

+ 2. Hopefully, she'll get the mildest "version" and bounce back fully and quickly 😘.

40 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Shrinkage.

@A&L_Ont

Just yesterday we saw this "episode" for the 782th time.... Rachel and Eileen's reactions are priceless.

36 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Well my wish for no symptoms from my last booster went out the window in a hurry.  Woke up that night about 2 just freezing.  

23 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Hope you feel better today.  

I find it so interesting how everyone has different reactions.    Maybe someday the scientists will figure out why.

13 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I hope within 24 hours you will feel much better. Hang in there. My booster I had no fever but felt blah for about 24 hours. Hang in there.

+ 3. It surprise me that you got the 4th jab after being sick. Here, if you've been sick, "no boosters for you!!!!" 😠

Indeed, very interesting about the different reactions for different people.... I've "only" got the hematoma [filled a complaint] and DH had less than normal temperature....

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Last night we saw a show in 270. The Book. Loved the music, dancing, performers. We sat upstairs. Very spaced out. I enjoyed the show a lot. No reser vations were required. Had dinner at Giovanni's Kitchen. Sat in the via. My thoughts: athough you can taste and see that this is mire authentic on being Italian, I prefer Jamie's for their variety, taste, desserts, Cocktails and choices. Many people may defer, but food is a personal choice. Now I will not say Sorrento  has the best pizza in the world. But if someone thinks so and likes it, I will respect their preference and not poo poo them. 

• Like 12

Breakfast at WJ this morning had more people than I was anticipating. Tables are better marked than they were on the Anthem but many people cannot read a BIG "unavailable for seating" so you have to go with the flow and find your own niche. I do not like that there us no outdoor dining area as the one at the back of Anthem's WJ. Tomorrow I am going to try the Sarium Bistro Breakfast.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Well, the birthday girl got the birthday present no-one wants. Yes, she tested positive on her birthday. At the moment, her symptoms are mild so hopefully they stay that way and we don’t get it 🤞She got her booster a week ago. 7 days isolation at home for the four of us.  The weather is good so I can sit in the garden and read. DS has movies he wants to watch & DH can work from home.  Max, our dog is going to love having the extra attention.

Hope the birthday girl's symptoms stay  mild  and gets better fast.

2 hours ago, George C said:

I didn’t even have a driver’s license when living in New York City , Got one just before moving to Texas and first time I ever drove by myself I was on LBJ freeway heading for the Hilton by the galleria, I was in my early 30’s .

I HATE LBJ freeway.  Always major traffic, always large trucks, but I DO love the Galleria 😉

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Shrinkage.

I WAS IN THE POOL!!  I WAS IN THE POOL!!

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Well my wish for no symptoms from my last booster went out the window in a hurry.  Woke up that night about 2 just freezing.  It's alternated between that and cold clammy sweats since then although this morning seems to be better.  It kind of came and went yesterday.  I'd have a few hours here and there where i felt ok and then back to feeling like crap.

First 3 shots were Pfizer and the worst was a sore arm.  Wondering if getting Moderna for this shot had anything to do with it or if it was a bit worse because I had Covid a month ago.

Vikki also had the Moderna (although only the half dose booster) and she's fine.  Both kids got the Pfizer and are fine with no side effects.

So sorry you are going through these symptoms.  Hope you feel better very soon.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We are currently at Coco Cay chilling on Chill Island. In our area facing the ships, it us just us two and about a hundred unoccupied loungers. I believe there are more people in other areas.

I woke up to see the Oasis docked across from us. Does not look very packed. Standing side by side the Odyssey, she looks well endowed in the behind. 

Tomorrow is a sea day, then Costa Maya.

• Like 11

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

What are your plans for Costa Maya? We will be there in September. Not sure what to do.

Not sure yet. But we will go to Mahahual and spend some time relaxing at one of the beach clubs. People have mentioned Crazy Lobster, Tropicana, Jamie's Reef. We have been to Blue Key and Tropicante in the past and liked it. I would like something that is nit very crowded. I will post what we did and my 2 cents.

• Like 6

20 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Pete Davidson from SNL (and Staten Island, of course!) just bought the  retired John F Kennedy Staten Island Ferry, and plans to make it into an entertainment venue.😊

His "Walking in Staten" video is a delight!😉

I have known many Staten Islanders over the years but nobody who became famous.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Bonnie- 

I am glad to know another NY person posting on this thread that has been transplanted.

You to Texas and me to Eastern Long Island- LOL!

Seems that all of us have different interests and backgrounds,but that is what keeps this thread interesting !

Take care- 

MJ🙋🏻

Maybe I should post a different emoji as I am watching Tampa Bay get bested by the Rams 20 -3 !🤦🏻‍♀️

I know so many transplants from Brooklyn to LI.

18 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I once you tubed Staten Island Ferry Terminal.  OMG I was amazed at how built up it is.  Like an endless shopping mall.  The 9 or so summers I took the Staten Island Ferry to day camp sticks in my mind as a totally empty area.  Same with the NY Terminal.  Progress in motion.

I look forward to talking Staten Island with you on Bella's cruise!

Eastern Long Island???  Ohhh you mean Eastern Lawn Giiiland! The furthest I've been on the Island is Deer Park where a long ago friend lived.

My previous post was sent in jest,  honest.  I do love this thread so!  I don't know what I would have done without it these last almost 2 years. Very comforting.  

Where in NY were you?  I was brought up on Lower Manhattan, then Rockland County, now TX.

I had two friends who grew up in Brooklyn then lived in the Houston area and from there moved to North Arlington,TX.

12 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Everybody has different interests.On this wonderful thread we can all find things to discuss.

That was the point of my post. 

10 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Two more names of 530D .

Sam Levy who is in his 70’s now and Ben Comer who is probably older.

Not familiar.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

We just had a really nice conversation in the DL. Hopefully, he feels the same...😯😄

He did enjoy talking to you. It was also nice meeting you at the top tier.

3 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Sad she got a bad birthday present. Hoping her symptoms stay mild and go away soon and that no one else catches it. Stay safe.

3 hours ago, George C said:

I didn’t even have a driver’s license when living in New York City , Got one just before moving to Texas and first time I ever drove by myself I was on LBJ freeway heading for the Hilton by the galleria, I was in my early 30’s .

That must have been a little scary for the first time. I remember the LBJ very well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

He did enjoy talking to you. It was also nice meeting you at the top tier.

Sad she got a bad birthday present. Hoping her symptoms stay mild and go away soon and that no one else catches it. Stay safe.

That must have been a little scary for the first time. I remember the LBJ very well.

Glad you caught up to OB.  How is your knee doing?  Hope you are getting around better. 🙂 

• Like 2