Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Prepared this morning for a possible ice storm. Hourly forecast is different than what the radar shows, but it’s either going to be freezing rain for 6 hours or a snow event. Generators are fuelled/ready and tractor is plugged in. Time will tell what I will need in the end. 

In the meantime I am still enjoying a CSI marathon.  It’s going from first to last episode on TV for the last week.  Amazingly enough there are still episodes that I have never seen. Forgot how good the writing was on this show.

The shots of Vegas make me we want to return.  Even happier that it isn’t CSI Miami which shots of cruise ships and beaches. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Prepared this morning for a possible ice storm.

Interesting. Just returned home from a couple days in Saratoga Springs NY. Late yesterday afternoon more than 25 utility trucks arrived from Canada apparently to help in case needed with approaching ice storm in that area of NY. They parked in our hotel parking lot. 

PS My husband shares your birthday.  I am always struggling to come up with more ideas for gifts right after Christmas. 😉

• Like 2

Just now, davekathy said:

Never too much wine. 🍷😉

Here...here...I will drink to that!!   😄  🍷

Speaking of which...did I chill the Sauvignon Blanc for tonight?!!  🤔  Time to check the fridge. 

Apple/blueberry crisp is just out of the oven, pork tenderloin is prepped for the grill, and my homemade black eye peas came out "fantabulous" keeping warm in the crock pot.  😉  Time to enjoy the first dinner of 2021!  

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, island lady said:

Speaking of which...did I chill the Sauvignon Blanc for tonight?!!  🤔  Time to check the fridge. 

Apple/blueberry crisp is just out of the oven, pork tenderloin is prepped for the grill, and my homemade black eye peas came out "fantabulous" keeping warm in the crock pot.  😉  Time to enjoy the first dinner of 2021!  

I'm just about to get my black eyed peas started. Yum.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Don’t k ow how I did that picture!

Marietta.

Sometimes if I take photos in Landscape instead of portrait on my phone they can be out of sync.

With my Android phone in photo menu there is a Rotate feature with 4 settings where I can rotate the photo 360° and an upside down photo in your gallery can be corrected.

Good luck.

Graham.

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Apple/blueberry crisp sounds divine.  Think I would break my keto diet for a piece of that!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Paulines brother fortunately lived with his mam so she stayed at home until she died 2 years ago aged 96.

We looked after Ruth for her last 4 years with Alzheimer's and Vascular Dementia so I can understand your friends mam's behaviour.

My best friends grandmother had Alzheimer's and used to do things like this.  Dug up her freshly planted garden once.  Such a horrible disease.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mets07 said:

Interesting. Just returned home from a couple days in Saratoga Springs NY. Late yesterday afternoon more than 25 utility trucks arrived from Canada apparently to help in case needed with approaching ice storm in that area of NY. They parked in our hotel parking lot. 

PS My husband shares your birthday.  I am always struggling to come up with more ideas for gifts right after Christmas. 😉

I have a friend up here who travels with Hydro One, our provincial utility company. From ice storms, tornadoes, to hurricanes he has covered a lot of North America helping others getting their hydro back. 

I hope your hubbie had the best birthday possible. Lisa feels your pain regarding finding gifts after Christmas. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

I have a friend up here who travels with Hydro One, our provincial utility company. From ice storms, tornadoes, to hurricanes he has covered a lot of North America helping others getting their hydro back. 

I hope your hubbie had the best birthday possible. Lisa feels your pain regarding finding gifts after Christmas. 

Thank you.  Saratoga Springs is a simple direct North 2.5 hour drive from our home. It is a fun and pretty place and makes for a quick getaway in these crazy times. We had fun. 

The trucks (pictured below) were from Holland Power Services. The workers were from Ontario and Quebec and quite friendly.  I think they were probably making quadruple-overtime.  🙂

3rd pic was a "bog meadow" trail we walked on the 31st.  

28568.jpeg

28565.jpeg

20201231_104411.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Paulines brother fortunately lived with his mam so she stayed at home until she died 2 years ago aged 96.

We looked after Ruth for her last 4 years with Alzheimer's and Vascular Dementia so I can understand your friends mam's behaviour.

I was at the house for 6 hrs today and we got alot packed up, sorted, thrown out etc.  We had her get on phone with sister then another friend, then put tv on hallmark channel so we could focus on packing and cleaning out.  She was walking circles all day.   Would pick up a belt take to another room then come back with a toothbrush in her hand.  Events like this happened all day.   So sad to watch.   

Professional movers come later this week but we got enough of basic essentials out of her home and moved to my friends home where he made a mother in laws suite for her to stay.  

Imagine it will take her awhile to adjust but maybe not.   He made a very nice space for her.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I was at the house for 6 hrs today and we got alot packed up, sorted, thrown out etc.  We had her get on phone with sister then another friend, then put tv on hallmark channel so we could focus on packing and cleaning out.  She was walking circles all day.   Would pick up a belt take to another room then come back with a toothbrush in her hand.  Events like this happened all day.   So sad to watch.   

Professional movers come later this week but we got enough of basic essentials out of her home and moved to my friends home where he made a mother in laws suite for her to stay.  

Imagine it will take her awhile to adjust but maybe not.   He made a very nice space for her.

That's wonderful what your friends are doing as she will need extra care as the dementia gets worse.

Paulines mam loved playing with various toy blocks and listening to Vera Lynn singing the old war time songs which brought back memories to her.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

28f this morning and cold.

There is a covering of snow but the sun is out with clear skies.

The ignition on the house heating has gone off and won't reset so we have contacted our gas boiler engineer.☹️🥶

😕 Oh no, hope it gets fixed soon 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, voyager70 said:

Apple/blueberry crisp sounds divine.  Think I would break my keto diet for a piece of that!

It was very good!  PIA to peel all those apples, but easy to add those delicious wild blueberries from Maine!  🙂  Did use Truvia to sweeten...just to make me feel less guilty.  😄 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Prepared this morning for a possible ice storm. Hourly forecast is different than what the radar shows, but it’s either going to be freezing rain for 6 hours or a snow event. Generators are fuelled/ready and tractor is plugged in. Time will tell what I will need in the end. 

In the meantime I am still enjoying a CSI marathon.  It’s going from first to last episode on TV for the last week.  Amazingly enough there are still episodes that I have never seen. Forgot how good the writing was on this show.

The shots of Vegas make me we want to return.  Even happier that it isn’t CSI Miami which shots of cruise ships and beaches. 

Here in Pa yesterday we had freezing rain in morning then it poured most of the afternoon and evening.  

I much rather have snow than freezing rain.  At least you have all the equipment ready to go, if needed.  

I'm so happy that we got a whole house generator back in 2012, right before hurricane / super storm sandy hit our area.  Our area had no power for 3 or 4 weeks.  Love the peace of mind that comes with having a generator.  It has been used several times.

• Like 2