Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

So for those missing travel, here are a few photos and video from our northward trek today. 

I-95 southbound was almost at a standstill in South Carolina. 

I-95 at I-26, people decided to pile into the median. 

146240CA-1E61-451F-AD83-FB7EA3FD994B.thumb.jpeg.753c04aaf83ba2db0c13cbd2c1a5d502.jpeg

4172412F-E7DC-4C74-B271-2D681133E48B.thumb.jpeg.dbfbecd85789ba49e1798da2205dc717.jpeg

I-26, someone had an uh oh with their trailer.  Surprised it didn’t roll. 

95751298-A03E-48C2-8EDC-8BC3105D9578.thumb.jpeg.e41128de4886ef4927492b0c08a7cf93.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Got the 1st dose of Pfizer's vaccine today. It was a very smooth and well organized operation.

The 2nd dose exactly in 21 days.

Sadly, we're in the 3rd lock down, but on the other hand, this vaccination is going really well for the 60+ years.

That's great news Dani I'm really pleased for you.

In the UK they are giving more people the first dose but now leaving it up to 12 weeks for the second dose.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

In the UK they are giving more people the first dose but now leaving it up to 12 weeks for the second dose.

Thanks, Graham.

I'm following the news (BBC, CNN) closely. Here also some "wise-guy" from the Health Ministry suggested the same, but it released an immediate uproar, and it seems that those who already received the 1st jab will have the 2nd one secured, and they'll stop giving the 1st dose until the next shipment arrives.

I hope that Pauline and you are holding tight, until tomorrow when the repairman will fix the heating.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, voyager70 said:

Bama looks amazing.  But I think Buckeyes can go toe to toe with them. Should be a great game.

Bama’s pass defense is suspect. Buckeyes should be able to exploit that. It’s all a question of whether they can stop the Bama offense. They’ll need a plan to keep DeVonta Smith under control. Don’t think they can stop him one on one. Focus too much on Smith and Najee Harris can beat them on the ground. Buckeyes offensive and defensive lines are both excellent, so they have a good chance. 

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

So for those missing travel, here are a few photos and video from our northward trek today. 

I-95 southbound was almost at a standstill in South Carolina. 

Headed back to Florida in a couple of days, via I-26 then I-95. That 2 lane stretch of I-95 thru South Carolina is my biggest worry. Hopefully, it won’t be as bad mid-week. 

2 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Headed back to Florida in a couple of days, via I-26 then I-95. That 2 lane stretch of I-95 thru South Carolina is my biggest worry. Hopefully, it won’t be as bad mid-week. 

Heading south that has never been an issue as we usually hit it around 5am.  Heading north is an entirely different story....stuck in traffic many times. 

We have never hit traffic as bad as we did today.  But then, we usually are not on our way back after new year.  We typically cruise after, and come back when traffic is lighter.  We moved this weeks cruise to next January.

At least the weather has been great for driving, and we missed a couple snow/ice storms back home.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Got the 1st dose of Pfizer's vaccine today. It was a very smooth and well organized operation.

Sadly, we're in the 3rd lock down, but on the other hand, this vaccination is going really well for the 60+ years.

That’s great. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Based on what the boss tells me, using up the doses on first “jab” and extending out to 12 weeks, is not the tested protocol. 

• Like 2

On 12/30/2020 at 6:43 PM, voyager70 said:

Was quite interesting.  Of course I'm obsessed with Investigation ID channel.  Reminds me a bit of the Hatfields vs McCoys

My grandmother Lucretia, was a Hatfield, my dad's mother, from Oneida, Tenn.  Yes, from the Hatfields and McCoys.

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

That's great!  We arrived in Naples on New Years Day and we're on the waiting list for this coming Wednesday and Friday.  I don't expect us to get called for the vaccine on either date, but it makes us hopeful that we'll receive it sometime before Spring arrives,  Fingers crossed!🤞

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

That’s interesting.  What do you know?

"Devil Anse" Hatfield was a cousin of my dad's grandfather.  I can actually go back 5 generations on my dad's side of the family of Hatfields.  My great-grandmother, Lecretia's mom, was Cherokee.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Based on what the boss tells me, using up the doses on first “jab” and extending out to 12 weeks, is not the tested protocol. 

I agree, welcome to the National Institutes of Health... I am sorry but....😇🤣😂

• Like 2

4 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

I agree, welcome to the National Institutes of Health... I am sorry but....😇🤣😂

It's being driven by the new variant. Our rates have shot up. Apparently most of the protection is in the first dose and the rational is to get as

many as possible some protection in the first few months. Who knows 🤷‍♀️

BBC News - Covid: 12-week vaccine gap defended by UK medical chiefs
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55503739

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks, Graham.

I'm following the news (BBC, CNN) closely. Here also some "wise-guy" from the Health Ministry suggested the same, but it released an immediate uproar, and it seems that those who already received the 1st jab will have the 2nd one secured, and they'll stop giving the 1st dose until the next shipment arrives.

I hope that Pauline and you are holding tight, until tomorrow when the repairman will fix the heating.

Thanks Dani.

It is freezing here this morning.

We put a heater in our bedroom and spent most of yesterday in bed watching TV.

Pauline is working from home and has her office set up in our utility room where we have a wall mounted gas heater so she is cozy in there.

1 hour ago an 82 year old man got the first Oxford Astra Zenecca vaccine jab in the world.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

We are being told that the new variant is much more contagious and they want as many people as possible to get some protection from the first vaccine jab as supplies are limited.

The first Oxford Astra Zenecca vaccine in the world  has been administered this morning in the UK.

Graham.

I just discovered this thread - great reading indeed. Personally, I took early retirement in March last year and the plan was to do many cruises and even more road trips but obviously this did not go to plan. Thankfully we did get a trip in before all this kicked off doing a Cruise out of Galveston last January followed by a Texas and Louisiana road trip.

So I had to find something to keep me busy. We got a black lab puppy in May so many walks with him and so that keeps me semi fit. However, we decided to make use of some space in my back garden and we built a pub. It’s been used a good few times for watching the football here (Glasgow Rangers being our team) so it’s now officially classed as as a “Sports bar”. Due to the restrictions here, not much opportunity for our friends to come and join us having a few beers and even perhaps some “painkillers” (enjoyed a few of these in the Virgin Islands on last cruise) so it’s normally just the good lady and me cheering on the Gers.

Fingers crossed for our first cruise back in October (TA from Southampton) and my trip over in May to do some section hikes on the Appalachian Trail.

77EF8E8A-9733-4A81-9462-164AF90CA96F.jpeg

• Like 10

On 12/26/2020 at 9:30 PM, mo&fran said:

Few years ago I got caught doing 81, probably about 8AM, light traffic, and I wasn't paying attention. Had to pay the ticket since GA has a reciprocal agreement with FL .  Then , I got a letter from Ga saying since I had paid my ticket, meaning I was pleading guilty, I was a Super Speeder, so I got an additional fine.  I think , all told, it cost me about $600.

I don't think will drive through Georgia anymore.

That’s an expensive fine for sure.

I do a lot of road trips in the USA/Canada and over the years I have done more than 200,000 miles without any incident and only stopped once by the police. This was in rural Alabama and I must admit the speed limit had been reached and perhaps exceeded ever so slightly. I was driving a rented Camaro so I think I had a good excuse. Anyway, the policeman came up to my door and told me I was breaking the speed limit. I replied and he immediately he noted my strong Scottish accent telling me that his father was born in Scotland. For some reason, I did not get any ticket, only good wishes and some advise on a place to eat in the town I was staying that night (Huntsville).

I guess I have just been lucky 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Digjharper said:

I just discovered this thread - great reading indeed. Personally, I took early retirement in March last year and the plan was to do many cruises and even more road trips but obviously this did not go to plan. Thankfully we did get a trip in before all this kicked off doing a Cruise out of Galveston last January followed by a Texas and Louisiana road trip.

So I had to find something to keep me busy. We got a black lab puppy in May so many walks with him and so that keeps me semi fit. However, we decided to make use of some space in my back garden and we built a pub. It’s been used a good few times for watching the football here (Glasgow Rangers being our team) so it’s now officially classed as as a “Sports bar”. Due to the restrictions here, not much opportunity for our friends to come and join us having a few beers and even perhaps some “painkillers” (enjoyed a few of these in the Virgin Islands on last cruise) so it’s normally just the good lady and me cheering on the Gers.

Fingers crossed for our first cruise back in October (TA from Southampton) and my trip over in May to do some section hikes on the Appalachian Trail.

77EF8E8A-9733-4A81-9462-164AF90CA96F.jpeg

Nice bar.🍺🍺

• Like 1