Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

The 50% seemed high to me as well. It was reported on local ABC news that nearly 50% of residents in NJ smoked. I thought that was way too high. 

Seems ridiculous to me to bump smokers to the front of the line. How do you and @yogimax feel about this?

I don't live in NJ nor do I smoke so it has little effect (affect??) on me. I'll probably one of the last to be vaccinated. But since you value my opinion....😉

Seems the Federal government  has been urging states to expand the eligibility pool in order to speed up vaccinations by including younger people with underlying medical conditions such as cancer, diabetes, heart diseases, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and obesity that puts them in a high risk group. Naturally, smoking is included as it relates to the aforementioned.

Kudo's to NJ for putting the focus on health first and not making moral judgements as to which underlying medical issues are worth treating. As someone who is always arguing against government overreach and over regulation and government intrusion into people lives, I assume you would agree. 😇

One more thing very important thing, from AP News:  (bold and underline are mine).

"One change will have some teeth to it. Azar ((HHS )said going forward the federal government will base each state’s allocation of vaccines partly on how successful states have been in administering those already provided.

“If you are not using vaccines that you have the right to, then we should be rebalancing to states that are using that vaccine,” Azar said at news conference."

In other words, NJ wants to administer as many vaccines as possible in order to get more down the road. Gutsy call by NJ governor Murphy. Lets see if it will backfire.

Link to article.

https://apnews.com/article/us-coronavirus-vaccine-8e846e47cd71f39fed71dcd6700d729b

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

The 50% seemed high to me as well. It was reported on local ABC news that nearly 50% of residents in NJ smoked. I thought that was way too high. 

So, about 2 million of NJ almost 9 million people smoke which is about 22% which still seem high compared with the national average of 15%. But that's what is being reported so we'll go with it.  But many of those smokers are probably already included in the over 65 age group, health care workers (yes, I know nurses that smoke) or people with underlying conditions so curious to see how many "extra" people are going to the front of the line.

By adding the 2 million smokers to the existing eligibility pool, a total of 4.5 million NJ are now eligible to be vaccinated which is 50% of the population.  

Like I said above, it could be a gutsy move by NJ to secure more vaccines. 

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

So, about 2 million of NJ almost 9 million people smoke which is about 22% which still seem high compared with the national average of 15%. But that's what is being reported so we'll go with it.  But many of those smokers are probably already included in the over 65 age group, health care workers (yes, I know nurses that smoke) or people with underlying conditions so curious to see how many "extra" people are going to the front of the line.

Maybe that number includes ex-smokers also.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Coralc said:

Just a note: David Baldacci's new Atlee Pine thriller, "Daylight" is on sale for $4.99 for the ebook. I am a B&N Nook reader, but Amazon Kindle usually has the same price. :classic_smile:

Great book!  Got it from the library a few days ago. Just finished it.

• Thanks 2

I receive emails from Cleveland Clinic and I often ignore them if it doesn’t have anything to do with My Chart. I decided to read this one because I was thinking when my time comes I might get it there. If you have insurance they charge your insurance company. If you don’t then it’s free. 😡 I just might not go there for the principle of it.

How much does each COVID-19 vaccine cost? Will I pay twice, once for each dose?

At this time, there is no charge to patients for the COVID-19 vaccination and its administration. It is important to note that this may change as our federal government continues to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic.  A minor charge of $37 will be billed to insurance for the administration of each vaccination. 

Is the cost the same at all Cleveland Clinic locations?

At this time, yes.

Will my insurance be billed for my vaccination or will I have to pay out of pocket?

Your insurance will be billed for the administration of the COVID-19 vaccination. There is no out-of-pocket charge to patients at this time. It is important to note that this may change as our federal government continues to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic.

Can I still get vaccinated at a Cleveland Clinic hospital, even if I don’t have insurance?

Yes, you can get vaccinated at a Cleveland Clinic Florida location.

How much does a COVID-19 vaccine cost without insurance?

At this time, there is no charge to patients for the COVID-19 vaccination and its administration. It is important to note that this may change as our federal government continues to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic. 

Can I get a discount on my COVID-19 vaccine? 

A discount is not necessary as there is no charge to patients for the COVID-19 vaccination at this time. It is important to note that this may change as our federal government continues to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic.

8 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I receive emails from Cleveland Clinic and I often ignore them if it doesn’t have anything to do with My Chart. I decided to read this one because I was thinking when my time comes I might get it there. If you have insurance they charge your insurance company. If you don’t then it’s free. 😡 I just might not go there for the principle of it.

Honestly, I wouldn't get too upset about it. It is pretty common that with state supplied vaccines to charge an administration fee to cover supplies and the cost of disposing of the syringes and to just eat the cost for people who are not insured to help them out.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, HBE4 said:

By adding the 2 million smokers to the existing eligibility pool, a total of 4.5 million NJ are now eligible to be vaccinated which is 50% of the population.  

Like I said above, it could be a gutsy move by NJ to secure more vaccines. 

Smoking is by choice, most the other Comorbidities are not. I’m totally against allowing smokers jump to the front of the line. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

How much does each COVID-19 vaccine cost? Will I pay twice, once for each dose?

At this time, there is no charge to patients for the COVID-19 vaccination and its administration. It is important to note that this may change as our federal government continues to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic.  A minor charge of $37 will be billed to insurance for the administration of each vaccination. 

Is the cost the same at all Cleveland Clinic locations?

At this time, yes.

Will my insurance be billed for my vaccination or will I have to pay out of pocket?

Your insurance will be billed for the administration of the COVID-19 vaccination. There is no out-of-pocket charge to patients at this time. It is important to note that this may change as our federal government continues to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic.

Can I still get vaccinated at a Cleveland Clinic hospital, even if I don’t have insurance?

Yes, you can get vaccinated at a Cleveland Clinic Florida location.

How much does a COVID-19 vaccine cost without insurance?

At this time, there is no charge to patients for the COVID-19 vaccination and its administration. It is important to note that this may change as our federal government continues to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic. 

Can I get a discount on my COVID-19 vaccine? 

A discount is not necessary as there is no charge to patients for the COVID-19 vaccination at this time. It is important to note that this may change as our federal government continues to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic.

Here in Pa we are being told no charge for vaccine but if you have insurance to bring your insurance card as an administrative fee will be billed to insurance company.   For anyone with no insurance then it is free.  I have no problem with that.  Figure as a taxpayer we are paying for this one way or another.  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Here in Pa we are being told no charge for vaccine but if you have insurance to bring your insurance card as an administrative fee will be billed to insurance company.   For anyone with no insurance then it is free.  I have no problem with that.  Figure as a taxpayer we are paying for this one way or another.  

I got my vaccine as did my mom. I had to show ID that I was 65+. My mom did not. We were not asked for insurance provider. There was nothing on the release we signed that had anything about insurance. Address was not verified. Information was mostly for vaccine tracking. Some States are Accustomed to charging a Tax/Fee for just about everything.  

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

My first shot was administered by a hospital group and no insurance information was needed.  Just an ID to make sure you qualified for the age group.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

My Sil that is a healthcare worker and received her vaccine at her hospital dud not have to provide proof of insurance since she works there but news channels are telling general population that will eventually get their vaccine at pharmacies, etc will need to provide insurance card, if one is available.  Sounds like the pharmacies and clinics want the money not the state.  

17 hours ago, vettprincess said:

To you riders out there. Have any of you sailed with Harley Captain Johnny?

A funny story, my daughter and her boyfriend were on deck on the Allure (before he went to the Harmony) and they thought they were going nuts and hearing things, sounded like a motorcycle and sure enough they saw him on his bike riding on the deck. Probably would not allow that nowadays.

Adored Captain Johnny!!  Always got a kick out of his usual warning about the time to be back on the ship at a visitation port....

"Please remember to take your camera, so that if you are late getting back to the ship, you will have a beautiful picture of the aft end of the Freedom sailing away without you".   😄  He indeed ran a tight ship.  😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I spoke to soon .Last night from 8:00 to this morning at approximately 9:00 I had excrutiating pain in my arm,nausea,and a headache.I still have pain in my arm but not that bad.I took 2000 mg of Extra strength Tylenol and a very hot shower.

Last night my face was flushed but only briefly.

My wife and daughter had no problems at all.

I hope that you and your husband do well.

Both Bucky and I have very sore arms near injection spot this morning.  But not that big of a deal.  Bit of a headache, but not sure if that is just from sleeping wrong (couldn't sleep on the arm).   

Well worth going through that...than the obvious other ....if not vaccinated.  

• Like 3

14 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I think anyone with with a BGE should get priority.😋

This morning's news reported that smokers are suffering more side effects from the vaccine injection than non smokers...

Edited by island lady

13 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Pfizer

My sister got the Pfizer...and had flu like symptoms for two days.  She is back to normal now.

Bucky and I got the Moderna yestreday.  No side effects except for both of us having a very sore arm near injection spot.  A slight headache...but that could be from anything, most likely not being able to sleep on that side.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, my SIL that is a charge nurse for ICU's at 2 large hospitals is disgusted every time she see someone without a mask or wearing it wrong.    She feels like telling them to come in and watch her intubate someone, may then they will think twice about that mask.

Same thing at our local Walmart.  Huge signs on the doors asking customers to wear their mask to shop at the store.  Some don't, I walk away and go to another area if I see them coming down the aisle.  

IMHO...their house...their rules.   If you don't like it...don't shop there.  Those types are thumbing their noses (literally) at the store, other shoppers, and their employee's safety as well.  If you insist on on buying from them without a mask...pre order and use the drive up (no charge).  Or...have it delivered (no charge).  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Smoking is by choice, most the other Comorbidities are not. I’m totally against allowing smokers jump to the front of the line. 

I'm sure most people would agree with you. Many people see it as smokers being "rewarded" for their bad choices.  On the surface, I would agree also as that is the way the media frames the story but that is the wrong way to look at it.

One thing I forgot to mention. At the time, NJ had administered only 1/3 of it's available doses. Not sure why the "more eligible" people are not getting vaccinated. Maybe people can't get appointment, not enough staff, no local supply, whatever.  Bottom line is NJ roll-out is slower than most other states so they increased the eligibility pool so as to not waste the vaccine.

I don't totally agree with the decision as there may have been other ways to improve the distribution but I can see the logic behind it. State has a vaccine, person in line is in a high risk group, give them a jab and move on. After all, the vaccine is about eliminating covid. Period.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I had to pick my prescription up then go to the bank today.

The roads were busy as were the beach car parks.

When we got home I had a hospital letter.

My Vitrectomy eye op is on February 3rd.

As usual, the very best of luck to you and Pauline.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1